Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

And people said it wasn't possible...

Would you choose MySQL over MSSQL for your CABAL databases?

• Total voters
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would use MySQL without a second thought. A while back I posted about possibilities to merge to an oracle DB but this will be great too. On the reboot of my server next month I can then give more resources to the actual server as VBox in CentOs easily takes up ram worth a channel :)

Thanks certainly are in order!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Definitely MySQL is better and more lightweight. The fact other Linux hosting companies give out offloaded mysql when you order a vps from them gives you more flexibility in hosting a server. May I know why its not mysql from the start? As i read, mysql has stored procedures too. Dont know about the linked server but we could remove that too right. Hope this becomes successfull. Will support this fully! Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you think so.
Because doing so is not easy.
Because the foundation of the system will be upgraded all.
Which is difficult to do. But do not use that do not.
My motto, "do / do not / or did not do. ".

But if it can really very good.
It will save you. A lot of resources.
We cheer.

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
I use MySql a lot. :thumbup:

The question should be wtf exactly is MSSql?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i would use MySql but i dont really know the diffrence between the two ive been using guides to do most of my work so if there is a guide on how to setup both then i would choose the faster one

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As stated by everyone else, there are pros and cons for both SQL's but I'll go for MSSQL anytime of the day. Less ram consumption compared to MYSQL. MSSQL is more on business related applications unlike MYSQL, which is open-sourced, which means more compatibility.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys will you just talk or u will do it.
I'm sure u can. I mean the professionals :D

I'm already doing it... I stated that at the very beginning of this thread. I haven't been working on it recently, though, as I tend to switch from project to project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bugs are to be solved, i`m sure mysql will work faster than mssql just coz you can place it on a linux system.

I am waiting from a long time this to happen, so keep up the good work Yamachi ... and share the stuff please :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like MSSQL as well because its a powerful database server, However having MySQL eliminates the need for a windows machine entirely which is more convenient I think. A BIG thanks to all of TDP for the superb job they are doing, keep up the excellent work! :wink:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
mysql does a lot more queries then mssql.
But can you make the site work on mysql to?

Back