Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

And people said it wasn't possible...

Would you choose MySQL over MSSQL for your CABAL databases?

• Total voters
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oracle has the best database engines. MySQL and MSSQL are toys in front of Oracle technology so please...

I do not disagree with you friend. But here the post is related to the "cabal" correct? Those who voted that mysql was perhaps prefer the ease of use? Can not say much because I never used oracle. But what counts is the bigger part is not it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Being able to put MySQL and the server in the same machine/system would save much RAM/CPU, so I would like you to take the revenge, it would be a great change to Cabal scene.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
myslq is a bit faster and easy to ues but mssql is more more more secure.people like mysql more than mssql because is free and easy to use but the best database choice is mssql.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
myslq is a bit faster and easy to ues but mssql is more more more secure.people like mysql more than mssql because is free and easy to use but the best database choice is mssql.

I think you'll find that MSSQL is faster.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i used My Sql to setup a RO2 server in the past and it was cool there was no lag or anything if we could have cabal on a windows platform like i did with Ro2 it would be nice i really dont see how but would be nice

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
One big question.Is the minerva going to use mysql?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Minerva is written in such a way that it doesn't require a specific database type; Plugins can be written to support any format.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Will there be guides on how to setup Minerva with My SQL and MSSQL i really would like to knwo the difrence between the 2

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Well there are differences:

1. The price. One of them is free the other one you need to pay for it (unless your happy with the limited crappy version).
2. The syntax is a bit changed but you can do more powerful queries.
3. The processing speed is higher (not as high as Oracle but higher than MySQL)
4. You can use the SQL Agent to perform various tasks like scheduled tasks or maintenance tasks.
5. MSSQL > MySQL . End of story.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well there are differences:

1. The price. One of them is free the other one you need to pay for it (unless your happy with the limited crappy version).
2. The syntax is a bit changed but you can do more powerful queries.
3. The processing speed is higher (not as high as Oracle but higher than MySQL)
4. You can use the SQL Agent to perform various tasks like scheduled tasks or maintenance tasks.
5. MSSQL > MySQL . End of story.
Thank you for answering cypher :thumbup:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have a little question.. Minerva still require Centos or can be run on a ubuntu machine??

Congratz ;D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd so use MySQL over MSSQL, for one simple reason. I'm a web developer, and use MySQL all the time to store data.. but I don't have the MSSQL DLL so I get constant errors and can't connect to MSSQL! Only MySQL! So that would help me a lot in the website part.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
no one can compare mssql with mysql.
It like comparing windos 95 with 7 =))

┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
@PopaAndrei you wrong so much,everyone have his own opinion even if MSSQL its stronger then MySql.Not everyone is using MSSQL and not everyone is using MYSQL because some peoples don`t need a strong database,maybe they use MySql for simple things and viceversa.And about windows its same with what i wrote above.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
why do you like to come and say a thing and in fact you have no clue what you are talking about?
I worked with both of them and for example at mssql are a lot more security problems then at mysql.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
so i get banned for releasing hacks to break cabal toolz? neah ;)

Reaction score
Instead of bullcraping this is more secure than this, bloody proove it. MSSQL is faster than MYSQL, and I'd always use MSSQL, even if MYSQL does have a really smaller load, I'd still use MSSQL.

Back