Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Progress] Updated cabalmain.exe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So far, this is what I have done:
  1. Removed xtrap from cabalmain.exe v46.
  2. Tested it with our current server files.
  3. Removed xtrap from cabalmain.exe v34.
  4. Tested it with our current server files.

When connecting to my server with the v46 cabalmain, the server/channel list doesn't display properly, preventing me from logging in. Also, I get an "N109 Disconnected from server" error after being on the login/server/channel screen for a few minutes. I used a full v46 install to test this (thanks to CrazyArcad for supplying the v46 files), as the client would crash if it was put with files from any other version (except ENC's, ofc).

When trying to use the v34 cabalmain, it crashes with both the v46 files AND the v22 files. If anyone knows where I can get ahold of a full v34 (or close) install, or patches from OGPlanet v11 to v34, I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I've located the ENC decryption loop in cabalmain v22. It should not be long now before I can load my own ENC data (hopefully).

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys, please stay on topic....

@Yamachi GZ for ur efforts, let me know if I can help u, ok?

Since u remove the xtrap from cabalmain it means, in theory, we will can dump the new .enc files, right? Maybe improving some updates to our server?

I think it could be a great project to work :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys, please stay on topic....

@Yamachi GZ for ur efforts, let me know if I can help u, ok?

Since u remove the xtrap from cabalmain it means, in theory, we will can dump the new .enc files, right? Maybe improving some updates to our server?

I think it could be a great project to work :)

I've already been using the newest ENC's from CABAL EU with my v22 client. The only thing I can't use is cabal.enc, and that is the reason I'm attempting to use a newer client that supports the newer format of cabal.enc. This will allow me to add more to the server than is possible with just item.enc. For example, I have added SIG Metal weapons and armour, but when you summon a bow/shield while using a SIG Metal Crystal/Orb, it doesn't appear. This is because the .efx for shields/bows are referenced in cabal.enc.

@aofnattiiez: Don't ninja my thread.

@cedrico + Lost-Spirit: If you have nothing constructive to say, or you don't realise what I am attempting to do, don't bother posting in my thread.

@cypher OR chumpy: Would you mind cleaning this thread up, please? Thank you.

The Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone knows where I can get ahold of a full v34 (or close) install, or patches from OGPlanet v11 to v34, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have manual patches for v16-v46 and i can probably dig up the earlier ones. I'll start looking.

EDIT: The installer is v11 (i thougt it was) so i have a full set of manual patches i think. Uploading ow.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have manual patches for v16-v46 and i can probably dig up the earlier ones. I'll start looking.

EDIT: The installer is v11 (i thougt it was) so i have a full set of manual patches i think. Uploading now.

Shibby :D Let me know on MSN when you're done.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

EDIT: The installer is v11 (i thougt it was) so i have a full set of manual patches i think. Uploading ow.

pls... share this pathches

The Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sure:

That should be everything needed to patch the ogplanet v11 (30Jan08) client all the way up to v46.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

*Off-topic*
@Phiber - Honestly who in hell cares? Also, the best source to try and have nice topics without people bragging about who did what and when is to exclude you from the thread.

"I do this job to flame you 2 seconds ago"

Please.. excuse my horrible English. :)

dude, try read, understand and then do your post.

Im saying "ph its a better source" becouse yami have better chance to find a more new client there than on OGP.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm.. Well, believe it or not, but my friend actually got GameGuard working on his server, by combining EU and US enc files. I saw a pic of it, really. Problem is, the guy is never on anymore. I will try to talk with him.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@Phiber - Honestly who in hell cares? Also, the best source to try and have nice topics without people bragging about who did what and when is to exclude you from the thread.

Please don't flame. Phiber is a nice guy, and is genuinely trying to help me. It seems you misinterpreted what he was saying.

Hmm.. Well, believe it or not, but my friend actually got GameGuard working on his server, by combining EU and US enc files. I saw a pic of it, really. Problem is, the guy is never on anymore. I will try to talk with him.

You can't get GG working by using different ENC files, as they have nothing to do with GG at all... Also, GG would prevent me from what I'm attempting to do, as I modify cabalmain.exe to get it to accept newer ENC files.

Reaction score
K this for everyone. You have ur answers right in RageZone. All those who want to know or edit some of the enc( actually hook it to cabalmain.exe) Please check a release called small client sources ( idk but it was something like that) I know most of u guys completely ignored it but tat was the single most important release to take us further!

Regards
Sandy

The Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't get GG working by using different ENC files, as they have nothing to do with GG at all... Also, GG would prevent me from what I'm attempting to do, as I modify cabalmain.exe to get it to accept newer ENC files.
Agreed. I would be interested to know what method he used though as everything i have tried has failed.
K this for everyone. You have ur answers right in RageZone. All those who want to know or edit some of the enc( actually hook it to cabalmain.exe) Please check a release called small client sources ( idk but it was something like that) I know most of u guys completely ignored it but tat was the single most important release to take us further!

Regards
Sandy
You mean s'rorre topic. I have been encouraging people skilled in C to try getting that working for ages as i can't do it myself (my C sucks). This is the best method for being able to use our own custom data, phiber's team has already proved it works well (i assume they use something similar) and if we can get it working we can do some nice customization. I know it would be a huge help to what Yamachi is trying to do.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. I would be interested to know what method he used though as everything i have tried has failed.

You mean s'rorre topic. I have been encouraging people skilled in C to try getting that working for ages as i can't do it myself (my C sucks). This is the best method for being able to use our own custom data, phiber's team has already proved it works well (i assume they use something similar) and if we can get it working we can do some nice customization. I know it would be a huge help to what Yamachi is trying to do.

I'm actually working on it as we speak. I've almost got it working, but it's crashing on
Code:
	aP_depack_asm_fast(pFILE->FileData,CABALDATA[file_number]);
I should have it fixed soon.

Reaction score

Ya i have actually got that working but It got wiped off( my stupid system formatted ) :(... Yamachi is in the right path now.. I am also trying to figure out a problem that he encountered. Hope 1 of us clear that out asap!

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
i told myself i`ll drag myself into this topic when people calm down and here i am.

Nice job on the updates Yamachi you sure seem to be on point very often good work just felt like complimenting you on that.. and magoo' sorry I haven't been on much lately I'll "try" to fix that. ;-)

*Off-topic*

Please excuse me but isn`t the entire post OFFTOPIC?! And guess what here on ragezone people know how to talk to each other. Please attend reading . Next time i will leave you a nice pm not a post...

dude, try read, understand and then do your post.

Im saying "ph its a better source" becouse yami have better chance to find a more new client there than on OGP.

Now now, what do we know of flames? Yes, we ignore them, right?

Please don't flame. Phiber is a nice guy, and is genuinely trying to help me. It seems you misinterpreted what he was saying.

Like most of ragezone members mean no harm but they tend to break the rules, Phiber here is a good example of helpful person, please try to read his words more carefully since i do respect him a lot, he helped my butt quite a few times too, be good with him and he will be good with you.

Can you post your actual progress here? The encrypt function and what you digged till now, maybe someone can continue your work, or even help you (tough i doubt you will accept this {i woudn`t :eek:tt1:})

If anyone needs to flame somebody around here please flame me, :love: .

Thank you,
cypher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If anyone needs to flame somebody around here please flame me, :love:

cypher, you smell :p

ONTOPIC: I've taken a slightly different direction with this, as the function I was messing with is not the one I needed. Anyways, check here for my current progress: http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/small-client-sources-452889/#post5102730

A little update: I've got the DLL loading an edited, decrypted language.enc, and it connects to private servers fine without the need of breaklee or internal.txt. The only problem I'm having atm is that the client crashes when I try using dumped data from cabal_msg.enc and cabal.enc (and most likely the rest of the ENC files). There must be something that cabalmain does with that ENC data that it doesn't do with language.enc. I'll post when I get past this "bump".

Back