Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[EP2] My collection

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi anyone i have a small problem , when im instaling cen0s and it asks for CD2 I cant Find a Cd 2 In my centos 4.7 directory so can enyone maybe atach a centos CD2 ISO FILE Or sometging like that?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
srry i dont find MMSQL 2000 GUIDE for cabal server:S! please help me :S:S:(!

THANX!!!!
SQL2000 is not that different other than you have a separate query analyser and enterprise manager. Apply common sense and interpret the 2005 guide as the process is exactly the same it's just under slightly different menu options.
hi anyone i have a small problem , when im instaling cen0s and it asks for CD2 I cant Find a Cd 2 In my centos 4.7 directory so can enyone maybe atach a centos CD2 ISO FILE Or sometging like that?
You want us to attach a 700Mb file?? The forum settings aren't going to allow that and you will have to download it from centos.org, just go into the downloads section and it will find a mirror close to you.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My guides are aimed mainly at LAN users as that is what i have myself. I can't make a post that is step by step as there is far too much to cover in 1 post (especially as the forum limits 10 images per post). The guides in the top post ( ) are a step by step on how i set up my first server.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey chumpy..in the future can u release the cmd thingy? like mapsvr loginsvr and etc etc that kind of cmd..dis part ive been so very confused..i tried and tried i just wanna set the ip to 127.0.0.1 i juz wanna play alone in dis server for fun xD can u help me?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey could you add a commands list?
Type "cabalhelp" on centos for a list of commands and other useful information. A better form of documentation is being worked on right now.

hey chumpy..in the future can u release the cmd thingy? like mapsvr loginsvr and etc etc that kind of cmd..dis part ive been so very confused..i tried and tried i just wanna set the ip to 127.0.0.1 i juz wanna play alone in dis server for fun xD can u help me?
If you mean exes to run the server on windows then no that isn't possible as the server files run in linux only.

Setting the server up for local play is exactly the same as setting up any other way. You can't just set the ip to 127.0.0.1 and play as the server doesn't work like that, it needs to have 2 computers (virtual or physical) because the server files will not run on windows and mssql will not run under linux (even with WINE).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Chumpy's Please Help me

All function No problem

But I am can not Change any Rate in my Server (not same in your manual or some Video manual)

I am can Show me When I start #./cabal_rate.sh

----------------------------------------------------------
** Result

Cabal Rates controller v1.0 by mrmagoo (Chumpy)
======================================
Configures your serve rates or starts floating rates
Floating rates configuration is done in
/home/cabal/daemons/floating_rates_daemon.sh
To stop floating run the static rates config script.
Usage: cabal_rate <command>
<Commands>
static : Start the static rates config script.
Floating : Start floating rates.
----------------------------------------------------

I am try to reinstall 3 time but can't config any RATE in my server

Please Help me
How do I Change my rate?

Thank you

========================================================
OK

NOW I am can Fix this problem

when Installed on CentOS 4.7

Chumpy's 2.5-final nomally Install on CentOS 4.7

I got this problem on CentOS 4.6

CentOS 4.6 and CentOS 4.7

Some Path of two version Difference

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Chumpy's Please Help me

All function No problem

But I am can not Change any Rate in my Server (not same in your manual or some Video manual)

I am can Show me When I start #./cabal_rate.sh

----------------------------------------------------------
** Result

Cabal Rates controller v1.0 by mrmagoo (Chumpy)
======================================
Configures your serve rates or starts floating rates
Floating rates configuration is done in
/home/cabal/daemons/floating_rates_daemon.sh
To stop floating run the static rates config script.
Usage: cabal_rate <command>
<Commands>
static : Start the static rates config script.
Floating : Start floating rates.
----------------------------------------------------

I am try to reinstall 3 time but can't config any RATE in my server

Please Help me
How do I Change my rate?

Thank you

hi,
use "cabal_rate.sh static"

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We were all new to this at one point. You should be reading guides as i seriously doubt anyone will spend hours talking you through it step by step and you won't learn a thing that way. If you don't know how to set the server up on your own you certainly won't have the knowledge needed to actually run it trust me on that.

My guides, v2.5 files and databases can be found in my sig or at and my sig has a LOT of other good information which is designed for people new to Cabal pservers. Useful download links are also in there.

The first thing you need is a working SQL server with the databases restored. Either 2000 (evaluation) or 2005 Express (free) is fine but if you use 2005 then follow my guide to the letter as a default installation of 2005 is completely wrong for Cabal.

Next you need vmware installed if you don't have a spare computer to install Centos onto. This bit is fairly simple but you need to pay attention to my networking guides as everyone's network connection is different and nobody can just "give you working settings" unless you can tell us you network type, ip address range, netmask, DNS servers and default gateway. My 2 networking guides explain how to work all of this out.

Installing Centos into vmware is very simple. It's just a case of follow the screens shown in the guide and the only "hard" part is knowing what network settings to use for Centos which you should already know from setting vmware up.

Installing the actual Cabal files really couldn't be any easier which is why only the miniguide that comes with the 2.5 repack is needed. My scripts automate almost everything (including working out the right ip addresses) and the only thing you really need to do yourself is enter the MSSQL server connection details.

If you get stuck post in the main section We are happy to help but we aren't doing it for you :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
chumpy can you help me to figured it out... i don't know where i patched this code... i can't see the folder of DATA_WORLD!!! please im from *******...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check the server, /etc/cabal

I removed the server name from your post as it shouldn't be in there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can i use client cabal SEA SG....?
then use u(chumpy) patch clien...if cannot!!
give any suggestion........

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It might work with that client but it has never been tested by me or anyone i know. If you start gettng crashes then i guess you can't use that one ;)

A non-updated 30 Jan 08 OGPlanet client is best as that is what all testing has been done on. Check my sig for a link.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can I play my server using the same PC that I install my server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how could i log-in if i already create a server? i dont have any idea about SQL.. i mean, how can i register? urgent help pls..

---------- Post added 10-04-2009 at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-03-2009 at 11:38 PM ----------

chumpywumpy - [EP2] My collection - RaGEZONE Forums

what's wrong? i can't register to play in game.. :(

help me pls.. i already set my Database SQL..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
here is my logs..

what should i do?

thx..

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

another logs in another GM tools..

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Errors regarding "NULLS" mean your xp_md5 support is broken. The "duplicate row" error from the GM tools is a bit misleading but that is what sql reports back to the tools.

Run this query on any db:

select account.dbo.fn_md5('test')

If you get a NULL back it means it isn't working and if you get letters and numbers it is.

Look in the extended procedures folder of the master db and find xp_md5. Check it's properties to make sure the path to the dll is correct and check the permissions on the dll file itself allows access.

If you use sql2005 you can also use this method instead of using xp_md5.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/fix-...m-and-sql-2005-no-need-xp_md5_x64-dll-608699/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
uhh yeah i got just about everything set up and come to find out it reset the password on me in CentOS any idea's on how to find it? cause i didnt change it anywear and i have used all the same passwords so i know it should be right but it's not

sorry for double Posting (Couldnt find the edit button), i have everything working now except i can't login to the game i have my acocunt and everything setup could you help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back