Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EP8 Repack, prerelease

█║▌║▌║TheMerc iful║▌║▌║█
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think toasts way of installing is one of the easiest I've ever seen, what's wrong with it, and what errors ?

actually my 1st try after i have reformatted my laptop i had it working properly. but right after i had a virus and reformatted my laptop again and did the installation i'm having that problem about global & that last report i had.

i'd probably wait for his next update. :wink:

BUT! i will keep trying and trying and trying.

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
InitilizeGlobals are already fixed via server binary and will be included in next upload.

RPM errors incompatibility on custom installed types of CentOS are also fixed and will be included in next upload.

I installed CentOS and downloaded the RPMs (yum-downloadonly) with 5 different setups,
Minimal, Minimal with desktop only, Minimal Desktop, Desktop, Custom

and I used the rpm --force --nodeps -Uvh --nosignature except on the cabal-server-ph-1.0-1.i386.rpm.

Text polishing, CABAL startup further optimized with delay counter for globalmgr, config typos and duplicates, multiple channels templates,..

This should prevent any future problems.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
toast2250 said:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f458/ep8-repack-prerelease-923613/index9.html#post7679362

working!! here's the edited bins VMware mac's removed

tested on vmware workstation 7 to 10

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey guys, anyone can help me with this error?
errorxtra - EP8 Repack, prerelease - RaGEZONE Forums

my cabal server just fine before but after i didnt play for about a week suddenly this error pop up...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On my first server is all working so i decied to make an other one...all is running on centos, Db restored without any problems but now my Problem is, that i cant create a Linked Server

Who know a solution for it?

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

The linked server has been created but failed a connection test. Do you want to keep the linked server?

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "GAMESERVER".
OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "GAMESERVER" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).".
OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "GAMESERVER" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]Ungültige Verbindung.". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

For help, click:

BUTTONS:

&Yes
&No

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
Ive uploaded a new version that includes the new multiple channels that I promised quite some time ago.

The InitilzeGlobals are now actually gone and the installation should be more compatible with different setups on CentOS 6.4.

Added a wait countdown timer for GlobalMgrSvr to start properly.

The service start up is reordered and should start faster, independent services start first and most dependent ones last.

Cleaned up text and made it more pleasant.

Crond stops/starts before and after the cabal services so it doesn't restart or spoof em.

Need to polish it a little, almost there. Then I can move on to the database, client and web site that I patched up mainly from chumpys releases.

It will be great for newbies and I'm very excited. :thumbup:

Changelog:
OLD
Changes/Features
- The package uses a local CentOS repository for offline package installation.
- The start up now uses a 6 second delay before chat node
- cabal init.d now uses cabal_start.sh instead
- All of the annoying installation, startup and shutdown issues are fixed
- Vikalitan event with status bar
- KomeKeto's buffer configuration that improves speed/performance by using more memory, other missing configurations added
- Most if not all of the errors that occur during start-up are now resolved
- 20 different channel templates (pending)
- Crond preconfigured for NationWar, special channel, cabal and network service restart if crash (beta)
- Startup and shutdown of cabal service perfected
(Services now stop in the opposite order and crond starts last and stops first as well, which prevent the service script from restarting the cabal)
- Changed drop-able only Items (with option 0 only or what ever it was) to cannot drop, client side also
- Added cabal_restartlog which deletes all of the files inside the cabal log folder and restarts the services
- All of the txt config files are now in Unix format, as a resoult,.. the crond now works out of the box
- The installation disables the following services (beta)

chkconfig auditd on
chkconfig messagebus on
chkconfig restorecond on
chkconfig haldaemon on

chkconfig sshd on
service sshd start

chkconfig iptables off
service iptables stop
chkconfig iptables6 off
service iptables6 stop

chkconfig crond off
service crond stop

chkconfig netfs off
chkconfig NetworkManager off
chkconfig blk-availability off
chkconfig cabal off
chkconfig crond off
chkconfig lvm2-monitor off
chkconfig mdmonitor off
chkconfig postfix off
chkconfig spice-vdagentd off
chkconfig udev-post off

For a bare minimum I have found out that only those services must run in order for CentOS 6.4 to function normally

Enable only:
ip6tables 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
iptables 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
network 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
restorecond 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
sshd 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
syslog 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
auditd 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff
messagebus 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:n 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff

- Cabal should now work in VMware Workstation using CentOS 6.4

NEW
- Added faster SP Dance regeneration config, need to uncoment it
- Added TPoint NPC to event.scp
- Premium platinum now enables the 3rd slot warehouse
- Services are rearenaged by standalone priority and now start faster with less delays
- TcpNoDelay=1, should have faster response time but is more cpu intensive
- Removed extra #Default line that was breaking the config from the ini
Example: ProcessDataLimit=1024 #Default=10000
- Change all server binaries to stop blocking certain MACs thus resolving the InitializeGlobals
- Integrate the show CentOS version and clean install text
- Now uses --nodeps when installing RPMs except for the cabal-server-ph-1.0-1.i386.rpm, not a good idea but whatever,.. should resolve a lot of problems on different CentOS setups.
- CentOS-Base.repo now uses the correct offline repository and is correctly restored after CABAL server install
- InitilzeGlobals are now actually fixed, the server binaries dont block certain MACs

Polishing:
- Allready Added more channels, testing and polishing
1 Normal
2 PK
3 Premium
4 Premium PK
5 War
6 Premium War
7 Maintanance
8 Trade
9 Tierra Gloriosa
10 Normal/Forcecalibur/TG