Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MMO Paradox

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: MMOParadox Launcher

Link is dead! please upload it to mediafire or mega.nz! thanks in advance!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Anyone have an idea about this? thanks in advance!
cabal.exe and update.exe same error
error.JPG - MMO Paradox - RaGEZONE Forums

and also this XMLConfig.exe
I placed the cabalmain.exe, cabal.exe, update.exe, 7z.dll, SevenZipSharp.dll, System.Windows.Interactivity.dll in output/client and also output/updates. but got error too
error2.JPG - MMO Paradox - RaGEZONE Forums

is it ok if I remove this in check security? when I remove it is work. but i think its ok

if (!Process.GetCurrentProcess().ProcessName.Equals(appname))
{
MessageBox.Show("The MMOParadox Launcher name is incorrect. Please reinstall the MMOParadox Client.", "Security Error", MessageBoxButton.OK, MessageBoxImage.Error);
Environment.Exit(1);
}
if (!File.Exists("paradox.dll"))
{
MessageBox.Show("The MMOParadox Launcher is not in the MMOParadox Cabal directory. Please reinstall the MMOParadox Client.", "Security Error", MessageBoxButton.OK, MessageBoxImage.Error);
Environment.Exit(1);
}

Solved! you need to edit something like this.

server_ip = "";
xtrap_server_ip = "";
launcher_hostname = "";
remove the paradox.dll in check security.

and in btn_startcabal
change the argument
process_Game.StartInfo.Arguments = Crypto.DecryptStringAES(mgr_cfg.ConfigRemote.Settings.CabalMainConstructor, launcher_constructor);

to

process_Game.StartInfo.Arguments = "husky";

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score

Anyone have an idea about this? thanks in advance!
cabal.exe and update.exe same error
View attachment 157650

and also this XMLConfig.exe
I placed the cabalmain.exe, cabal.exe, update.exe, 7z.dll, SevenZipSharp.dll, System.Windows.Interactivity.dll in output/client and also output/updates. but got error too
View attachment 157651

is it ok if I remove this in check security? when I remove it is work. but i think its ok

Solved! you need to edit something like this.

server_ip = "";
xtrap_server_ip = "";
launcher_hostname = "";
remove the paradox.dll in check security.

and in btn_startcabal
change the argument
process_Game.StartInfo.Arguments = Crypto.DecryptStringAES(mgr_cfg.ConfigRemote.Settings.CabalMainConstructor, launcher_constructor);

to

process_Game.StartInfo.Arguments = "husky";

server_ip = "";
xtrap_server_ip = "";

Is it same with the launcher_hostname?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

server_ip = "";
xtrap_server_ip = "";

Is it same with the launcher_hostname?

it depend, if your server ip is for update client is different from your xtrap update. but if your update server ip or patcher for your client and your xtrap server is on the same directory. it is the same ip for server ip and xtrap ip and also in Launcher_hostname.. Launcher_hostname and server_ip is same ip. but need to add subfolder in launcher_hostname "/launcher/".

Reaction score

it depend, if your server ip is for update client is different from your xtrap update. but if your update server ip or patcher for your client and your xtrap server is on the same directory. it is the same ip for server ip and xtrap ip and also in Launcher_hostname.. Launcher_hostname and server_ip is same ip. but need to add subfolder in launcher_hostname "/launcher/".

Ok got it, Your check files working?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Ok got it, Your check files working?

yes it works! I tried to update the data. I generate the hash of data that I want to update or patch using XMLConfig.exe then I put the "resources.xml" inside the "/launcher/" folder. then the data that I want to update I put it to "/launcher/client/" then I launch the cabal.exe and it was patched. but if you want to check all the hash of cabal client and all its file it was too long to check all the files in client. so I did not check the hash of all files in cabal folder.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Anyone know how the process when making an updates/patch on these launcher?

output/updates/

example when you update /data/Item.enc

place it to XMLConfig.exe folder /output/client/data/Item.enc

then generate a hash using "XMLConfig.exe"

copy the generated "resources.xml" and paste it to /Launcher/

Then copy the /data/Item.enc

and paste it to /Launcher/client/

but I think its work too when you put the update in /updates/ then generate a hash
copy resources.xml and paste it to Launcher then the update data paste it to Launcher/updates/

Last edited:
Reaction score

I am wondering for the /output/updates and I know this is for patching method but It cannot generate a hash when you put a file inside of the updates folder. XmlConfig error.

/output/client = For file check
/output/updates = new patch update (but xmlconfig doesn't worked here)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I am wondering for the /output/updates and I know this is for patching method but It cannot generate a hash when you put a file inside of the updates folder. XmlConfig error.

I tried the xmlconfig and put the update files in updates folder and it generate a hash without error. try to put different hash in updates and not the same in client hash.

I was checked the c# in cabal source and update source but I dont see any updates folder only client folder is available. so when you put an update in updates folder it did not update because there is no command to check the updates folder.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Could you screenshot or c&p the error given?
There should be ~3 I encountered myself before,
but it was pretty simple to get rid of them after reading it.

That is, unless you (hopefully) resolved it already.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Dunno why but its not replacing any files except with .enc extension... maybe others got it working?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i'm try make patch update but past some file to folder /output/updates xmlconfig has crash

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

It needs to be 7zip file with password: m3i}J}jyAdm24ltg. Name of file need to contain 7 characters + Update number. For example Updates1 or zzzzzzz1 or somethi1 doesnt matter :D
I tried that its work on xmlconfig.exe without error.

but when I launch the launcher it did not download the "Updates1.7z". any idea? thanks!

Back