Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Open Source Launcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello RageZone,

I finally decided to release my launcher for cabal pservers.
So lets start :D:

[Specifications]
Name: RZ Launcher
Release Date: 15.07.2009
Version: v1.0
Programmer: mmoobb
Coding Language: Visual Basic .NET

[Launcher GUI Screen Shot]
mmoobb - Open Source Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

[Features]
  • Auto Update (Download and Install)
  • Check CabalMain and Update MD5
  • Web Browsers (with included web pages)
  • Easy to setup
  • Custom buttons
  • Buttons links change from var.ini (no launcher update needed)
  • Only Framework 2.0 requierd

[System Requirements]
  • Win XP or Vista
  • Pentium 4 1.4GHz
  • 128MB RAM
  • Max 2mb free disk space (compiled version)

[Download Links]

* NEW !
*All links are mediafire
** Use the launcher tool to find the MD5 for Updater and cabalmain and Edit your Launcher Version if you want to debug :p

[Launcher Tool Info's and SS]

Features: Find MD5 of files and edit the version from registry ....
How To: Download the "Launcher Tool" source, edit the first 2 settings, compile it, run it and your done! :p:

[var.ini Info's]
Code:
[Settings]
CurrentVersion	= 1

[Notice]
Left		= link to the left web-browser (link or ip but don't forget the http://)
Right		= link to the right web-browser (link or ip but don't forget the http://)

[Links]
WebSite		= link to your website (for button use ... link or ip but don't forget the http://)
Register	= link to your reg page(for button use ... link or ip but don't forget the http://)
VoteUs		= link to your top website vote link(for button use ... link or ip but don't forget the http://)

[MD5 Check]
CabalMain	= MD 5 of your cabal main
Updater		= MD 5 of your compiled Updater.exe

[FAQ]
  1. Why my launcher is downloading components again and again?
    • Caz you have to add the compiled Updater.exe in your webfolder and change the MD5 in var.ini to the right one.
  2. Is this launcher using encryption?
    • The current version is not using any encryption ... I'l add this in the next versions but not in this one.
  3. When I press the start button my launcher is re-downloading cabalmain.exe again and again ... why?
    • This is for the same reason as the Updater.exe ... just add cabalmain.exe in your server folder and edit the MD5 from var.ini
  4. How I can open there source files?
    • Just download Visual Basic 2005 and install it ... then you should be able to open these source files.
[Credits]
  • [*]Cabal EU - for the launcher template format :)
    [*]nanoman - I was inspired from his functions
    [*]Me - For the rest of the code, files, design and comments :p

All the other information are in the text files in each rar file. For the server files web-pages included please read comments inside the .php files.

Note: I will not update this source anymore since I want to rewrite it because I want a better update engine. Until then you guys can use this version :p

Any questions you might have please post them here ...

Good luck! :wink:

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
every release should have screenshots, so if you please?

This code has launher nano, then he will have problems if you add link in the launcher update?

I remember that the launcher of the nano only accepts IP in your config. Do not accept links. (Gave error when trying to update)

and god job ;)

@Cypher

I Says first ! muahaha :tongue:

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
well every good release should have screenshots, and if you may...
I like the idea of your launcher but what makes it so invincible? What will stop users from using their own clients?

xD just saw your post lostspirit xDxD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah sorry about that xD ...

First post updated ... screenshot of the launcher added!
var.ini infos added!

This code has launher nano, then he will have problems if you add link in the launcher update?
I just inspired from nano's code but its not the same ... a big part of it its my own ... What do you mean? You can add links for webbrowsers and buttons ... but what do you mean to add links in the launcher update?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
every release should have screenshots, so if you please?

I remember that the launcher of the nano only accepts IP in your config. Do not accept links. (Gave error when trying to update)

and god job ;)

@Cypher

I Says first ! muahaha :tongue:

I Checked this by "netstat" (when the launcher is connecting to mmoobb's update site) and its good, he has fixed that! it is showing the website address and not the ip. =] good job and thank you very much.

Edit: Sorry i wrong, it still the same :(

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you encrypting var.ini (i admit i have not checked)? If you are using the MD5 in the ini there is nothing to stop people changing it. If you encrypt it at least it would be less easy to replace the cabalmain and alter the MD5 to get it past the check ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guy , update has problem with me ....

I finisht project , more how start launcher , update stay repeat all time for me , not finish and never finish updater ....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I finisht project , more how start launcher , update stay repeat all time for me , not finish and never finish updater ....

@cedrico
It is downloading components again and again? If so then why do you think it have Updater.exe? If you at least read the source code a little then you should notice that first after the launcher starts and check for existing instances etc it will check the Updater.exe ... if it exists and if MD5 is right. So to fix this just compile the Updater.exe and add it in your server folder (not in updates folder) and put the right MD5 in var.ini ...

@dordort
Sorry ... but I really didn't need that feature (to use link instead of IP) ... I always use the IP for all my programs ... Anyway I'l consider this for the next launcher ...

@chumpywumpy
no ... there is no encryption for the var.ini for the moment ... I think I'l consider this for the next launcher too :): ... anyway it shouldn't be that hard to add it but I won't do it to the current launcher because I don't support it anymore ... right now I am working at a new version that is supposed to have a much better update system and security ...

#Edit - Added FAQ in the first post
- Added Visual Basic 2005 download link in first post

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx for the release, this is really great.. ive been waiting for awesome net 2.0 launcher for ages XD ty so much :p

Master Summoner
Reaction score
@cedrico
It is downloading components again and again? If so then why do you think it have Updater.exe? If you at least read the source code a little then you should notice that first after the launcher starts and check for existing instances etc it will check the Updater.exe ... if it exists and if MD5 is right. So to fix this just compile the Updater.exe and add it in your server folder (not in updates folder) and put the right MD5 in var.ini ...

@dordort
Sorry ... but I really didn't need that feature (to use link instead of IP) ... I always use the IP for all my programs ... Anyway I'l consider this for the next launcher ...

@chumpywumpy
no ... there is no encryption for the var.ini for the moment ... I think I'l consider this for the next launcher too :): ... anyway it shouldn't be that hard to add it but I won't do it to the current launcher because I don't support it anymore ... right now I am working at a new version that is supposed to have a much better update system and security ...

This feature is very important when your server is home-hosted. the launcher will download slowly and make a lot of server lags... because of that, i hoped that i will be able to get the updates downloading from my fast billing DirectAdmin linux host. but it doesn't work because the IP is shared... it will be perfect if you'll rewrite the code and try to make it be able to use URL Links. =\ this is very annoying me :X.
But i still like your launcher and i'm thanking you XD you did a great job over here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@cedrico

@dordort

@chumpywumpy

I do not understand very well what you mean, pass your MESSENGER PM to help me?​

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

I do not understand very well what you mean, pass your MESSENGER PM to help me?​

solved ;)

is the problem example :

0fa16a15458

0FA16A15458

haha :p:

launcher.JPG - Open Source Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

very nice launcher. 10/10

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@yokohiro

Replace : '127.0.0.1/launcher' for you URL or IP.

rep.JPG - Open Source Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
solved ;)

is the problem example :

0fa16a15458

0FA16A15458

View attachment 71320

I'm glad you solved the problems ... and if you think this deserve 10/10 then wait to see the next version of the launcher :p

EDIT: Added "Launcher Tool" ...

How To: Download the "Launcher Tool" source, edit the first 2 settings, compile it, run it and your done! :p:

Screen Shot:

You can find the download link on the first post :p:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Very nice! :D

I remember you were helping me with creating one like this, but you never showed up after you coded the Updater.exe done..

solved ;)

is the problem example :

0fa16a15458

0FA16A15458

View attachment 71320

I can see he used the Arcane Circle brushes for that. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for the brushes name :p: ... I was searching something like this ...

@All
About the next launcher I finished to recode the new launcher starter... right now I am working at the MD5 decrypt function ... maybe I will post a thread in the development section to show the current % of the project but I'l do that when I'l got more free time :p:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Very nice! :D

I remember you were helping me with creating one like this, but you never showed up after you coded the Updater.exe done..

=D

I'm glad you solved the problems ... and if you think this deserve 10/10 then wait to see the next version of the launcher :p

EDIT: Added "Launcher Tool" ...

Screen Shot:

You can find the download link on the first post :p:

yes 10/10 not only by the launcher, but its attitude to free something from your server to your all, you leaving the launcher with the source is the best thing that ever has therefore is to be congratulated.

And Again Thank you for this new tool !
Now is no longer 10/10 and 11/11 =D

Back