Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TDP Cabal Ep2 repack v2.81 [xmas]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have downloaded client from as you recommended it. Tried again install everything from beginning but still same error. Don't know what to do more. Have tried several clients and else but still the same.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have just done a complete reinstall again and tested BI, DS and GD as well as all inventory panels and warehouse panels and everything worked fine.

One step i do which might be different is that i clean the /root/ folder before doing an install, i remove the 2 tar.gz files and the folders as well as xservices.sh and cabal_install.sh (and anything else i left in there). To be really clean you could manually remove /etc/cabal and /home/cabal too but cabal_install should do that anyway.

I then re-copy _all_ of the files and folders from the xmas release and do a cabal_install followed by cabal_config. Next i reinstal the client to a new folder (the one Grandas linked) and copy the /root/clientfile/clientpatch files into the client, edit internal.txt and launch.

Watch for errors during cabal_install as it does expect that /root/clientfiles folder to exist and if you don't copy that then it won't extract the new client files. This is the only reason i can think of which would cause us to get different results.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK i have done everything as you said. Cleaned all these folders maked clean install of server files and client files patched it with /root/clientfile/clientpatch/ files edited internal.txt with my gameserver ip and launched but still i have got same error. omg my brains will blow up.
If you need some kind of information write down here.

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is very weird. Here is the exact client patch i tested with.

Are you changing the exe and using your own?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No. I am not changing anything. I will test that client patch and will edit post.
EDIT: tested it. problem not resolved. still giving error.
EDIT 2: if you can join MSN and we will faster resolve the problem and post error fix here.

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't use msn anymore but you can normally find me in the IRC channel (check the sticky in the main section).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are the logs of cabal. Can't see any errors but maybe you will see, Chumpy.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
look in your cabal installation in data folder all your .enc files (or most anyway) Have 0 byts/kb data right ?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are the logs of cabal. Can't see any errors but maybe you will see, Chumpy.

[##ERROR##] DB ERROR(MSG) : [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Server is unavailable or does not exist.

Check firewalls and that centos can ping windows.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This has been tried and it didn't work. It would involve recreating all of the data for warps and things like that by hand using little more than guess work. There is also a .bin file server-side that probably doesn't contain the data it needs to as well.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have the same problem like grandas
i have check my windows can ping centOs and centOs can too
how to fix it?

Edit : the file that error is map/extra_obj.enc
after i copy that file always make error in my client
the other is fine
but i still got DC in dungeon quest(lvl 80 astral bike) after i copy all files (except extra_obj.enc)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
erm can i create a private server just with the 2.81 downloaded file??or do i need to download something else too??if i do need to download something else too pls show me a link ^^
*PS : Lazy to find o.o

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Read the guides so you know what you need (it depends ont he hardware you have). Links for everything are in my sig.

Back