Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TDP Cabal Ep2 repack v2.81 [xmas]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Open WinSCP, navigate to /root/clientfiles/clientpatch
In WinSCP : Copy all files in "clientpatch" to your computer (from Centos to Windows)
In Windows : Copy all files which you copied in above step into client folder (overwrite all)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Open WinSCP, navigate to /root/clientfiles/clientpatch
In WinSCP : Copy all files in "clientpatch" to your computer (from Centos to Windows)
In Windows : Copy all files which you copied in above step into client folder (overwrite all)
hmm gotcha let me test it now..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new at cabal. So I have a question. Can I run server on freebsd or debian ? Or it must be CentOS, if yes, than why ?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Almost any linux can be used but centos (or other red hat based linux) is easiest. I can't be sure about freebsd but i know it can work on ubuntu and other debian based linux. As debian doesn't use rpm files my cabal_install script won't work and you will have to manually install the rpms with the "alien" command.

You might have a little fun with dependencies and unless you are pretty good with linux i probably wouldn't suggest something debian based but it should work if that is all you have (or want to use).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Almost any linux can be used but centos (or other red hat based linux) is easiest. I can't be sure about freebsd but i know it can work on ubuntu and other debian based linux. As debian doesn't use rpm files my cabal_install script won't work and you will have to manually install the rpms with the "alien" command.

You might have a little fun with dependencies and unless you are pretty good with linux i probably wouldn't suggest something debian based but it should work if that is all you have (or want to use).

Thanks for your answer :) I'll try to make it work on FreeBSD if I success in this maybe I'll post a guide how to do it :)

Edit: So faar everything seems to be fine, I'll manualy installed all what was needed. But I got stuck on manualy starting server. I dont get on which step service cabal is added, I suppouse, service cabal is added when cabal-chnserverCB-1.0-2.rpm is installed. I cant install it cos I dont have any server using i386 architecture. Maybe there is a chanse that u can recompile ur rpm's for diferent architectures or maybe u can tell me how server can be started manualy. Anyway somehow I get feeling that I wount be able to run server on a different than i386 architecture.

P.S. I'm failed with seting it up on freebsd cos its not linux based OS, its UNIX. And to use it on unix I need to have source code of all binarys. All what is written above is related to Debian Lenny 5.0 (Linux).

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The rpm wasn't actually made by me but you probably don't need it i just include it to make life easier and automate a few bits. For a totally manual install this should work and allow you to skip all of the rpm files.

First you need to create a user called "cabal" with no password. Use the "adduser" command.

Next extract the ep2.tar.gz to / (above the "root" folder). The cabal_install.sh script would set permissions on all of these too in case it got changed from what the ep1 rpm set. It is probably worth verifying everything ends up where it should but as long as /etc/cabal and home/cabal contain files it should be ok.

The cabal_config script clears away old symbolic links and creates new ones as needed (and checks permissions again) so you don't need to worry about links for the actual server binaries.

Last cabal_install.sh creates symbolic links to each of the shell script "commands" for cabal so you can just type "cabal_config" instead of the full /home/cabal/cabal_config.sh.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i got all daemons running exept GlobalMgrSvr, dont get why it dont start, I dont get any log report, its like I dont run it at all, but I do, also tryed to run it separate, no effect... Some daemons shutdown's directly after start cos they lack that GlobalMgrSvr. Any ideas why GlobalMgrSvr dont start and there is no log report about it ?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If a daemon refuses to start and leaves no log it is usually down to it's ini file having bad values. I once forgot the # at the start of a comment line and every worldsvr refused to start after that so check through for invalid items (e.g. no # on a comment, letters where there should be numbers etc).

Nothing in the globalmgrsvr ini gets edited it's a straight copy from the templates folder on the server so i am a little confused as to why that one won't start. Try making sure you have GCC installed as i have seen one case where some very weird behaviour was caused by one of it's dependecnies being missing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, now I got all daemons running. But now I'm facing one more problem, I think this will be the last one I must deal with. Why I try to login ingame, by this I mean entering my acc and pass, I dont get loginned, server just keeps put me on wait till "blue line" in client finishes its run till the end, and then I get message: smth about, try to connect later and bla bla bla. In server logs I can clearly see this:

Code:
[Wed May  5 2010 00:29:41.313953 4087348112]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(MSG)      : [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so.0' : /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

It tells me that I have a wrong lib class, probably cos my lib is compiled like 64bit lib. I dont really know what I can do about it... Any ideas ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
可惜了,我打不开下载页.
TDP Cabal repack v2.81 [xmas]
我无法下载,有人能帮我下载发送到我的Email里吗?谢谢!
Emai 285802713@qq.com

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@lzwlnet: Read the forum rules. An English translation is required for all non-English text.

in forum we accept only english

Any language is "accepted", as long as an English translation is provided.

P.S. Don't post chinese here anymore, ffs. Quoting a chinese post screws up the thread layout...

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Google says:

Unfortunately, I could not open the download page.
I can not download, someone help me download sent to me

Here is my psiblade mirror:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
chumpywumpy, thanks for your help. I successed to setup working server on debian. All is working and I'm able to play. Soon I will transfer server from my home test server, to my dedicated server and if I have enought time I will create a guide about how to run cabal server on debian.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
man pls help me with this:

I got this error only while using hamachi IP.
CABAL Online Client has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I am having this problem only with hamachi!
Lan IP works perfect!
Please help!

Im using this:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/tdp-cabal-repack-v2-81-xmas-632493/

EDIT: Its something with the patch...
When I use this: http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/sync-server-client-457455/
I can get in the game.

Why is that?

ONLY WITH HAMACHI this happens. Without hamachi it works good.

BTW: 2.5 works perfect.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey chumpy. Your client patch is Lost Spirit's patch + Your own patch right?

Can you tell me all the files that you patched? Thanks.

If I'm not wrong it's cabal_msg.enc and caz.enc? Is there more that I missed??

EDIT: Nevermind, ignore the above. For some reason, most users gets an error when they copy the patch straight from CentOS /root/ folder or the one that you linked in Mediafire. I've experiment it a little and finally I got your client patch working with a little extra step.

What I did:

1) Patch with LostSpirit patch FIRST( - credits to LostSpirit),
2) In chumpy's client patch, Copy cabal_msg.enc, caz.enc, extra_obj.enc and lastly extra_obj_msg.enc (ONLY these four!) over to the game folder and overwrite the existing ones.

That's how I did it and I got no error popping up when starting CABAL. I can go in-game just fine.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey anyone got a working dl link for the recommended client since the gamershell mirror is not available !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would it work with the newest (official updated) client?

Back