Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TDP Cabal server repack v2.8 [halloween]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you Chumpy,

You're great and keep your promise :thumbup1:
I tried to appreciate your job yesterday but there may be some problem to connect ragezone.

Few questions..
1. If I'll upgrade from your repack 2.5. I have to back up in /etc/cabal/ and /home/cabal/ right? Or any more things in /root, too?
2. I config 1 channel as your TDP Hardcore Channel. Do I have to config all again ? (For example, Common30.ini. mob30.ini etc.)

Thank you for your great release,

Padriew.:thumbup1:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
how to change server file for up level pet.

im sorry my eng not good.

PLEASE READ FORUM FIRST!!!

We cannot do this as of yet.
We need to get hold of the Episode 3 files first!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Chumpy GZ for the great realease!

I have some questions, the yamachi server update with GM blessing buff and the other stuff are already inside in your client patch files?

How to add the new types of premium like Blessing Beads and the other premium types? you have any new editor or something like that?

Thanks Chumpy for your great MIND!

Deluxor

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Few questions..
1. If I'll upgrade from your repack 2.5. I have to back up in /etc/cabal/ and /home/cabal/ right? Or any more things in /root, too?
2. I config 1 channel as your TDP Hardcore Channel. Do I have to config all again ? (For example, Common30.ini. mob30.ini etc.)
You only need to back up your old files if you have customization you want to copy over into the new install. If you were running a standard, un-modified v2.5 then you don't need to keep anything at all. I would suggest backing everything up just to be sure.

Hardcore (and hardcore 4x) are not both standard features in v2.8. Check out the new cabal_channeltypes command as it allows you to switch types for each worldsvr individually!
I have some questions, the yamachi server update with GM blessing buff and the other stuff are already inside in your client patch files?

How to add the new types of premium like Blessing Beads and the other premium types? you have any new editor or something like that?
Yamachi's stuff is not added because it doesn't quite work right yet and i wanted a release that was as stable as possible. If/when his work is finished i will add it.

All of the EU premium types and blessing beads are already in (excluding useless ones like pet exp). I don't have an editor for this as i do it manually buy decoding the official caz.enc and coying the data into const.scp.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info chumpy :D
If i can help you with something tell me :D

Note*: to put the new dungeons like forbidden island working we only need clone an actual dungeon config like forgotten temple B1F and change the data to the recent mobs, physic map , only server-side right?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That is the theory. The problem is that there is a LOT of fairly complex data involved and the format of some of it isn't really known. The .bin files on the data_world for example, that would have to be created from scratch.

Even if i had every bit of info about how the quests int he dungeon worked, what dialog text came from where and in what order i'm not convinced i could reproduce the server data needed at this point. Bugfixing quests over the next few months is going to help me learn a lot more about this data though.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Anyone find any problems with this yet?

I have come across mob drop problem.
If i pick up ANY items from any mob, i get d/c. I have various clients which I tried and all do the same. I can pick up money and cores but nothing else.
I have also tried re-installing CentOS and re applying the new server repack and still is the same.
I can use the old V2.5 repack files with no problem. Any suggestions??

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Attention ragezoners: do not reply anymore with thank you text, use the thank you button!

Also read our section rules too : http://forum.ragezone.com/f451/cabal-online-getting-started-faq-and-guides-598777/

very good, nice job its work :)
Did you read the post above??

If i pick up ANY items from any mob, i get d/c. I have various clients which I tried and all do the same. I can pick up money and cores but nothing else.
I have also tried re-installing CentOS and re applying the new server repack and still is the same.
I have had 1 report about 3 slotted drops but i can't manage to reproduce the problem myself, i get no crashes picking up loot.

Try downloading saur0n's rz patch and replacing item.enc, data.enc and mob.enc with his. I have seen a few weird problems where those files don't pack back to enc properly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
guy question

cabal_patchtool pack command error

glibc 2.5 nothing..

how to glibc 2.5 install?

can't update [yum install -y glibc*]

plz teach.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Number 1# Guys& Gals read and PLEASE know what you are doing. This is an upgrade to the previous release. If you do not understand the concept of / let alone reading and paying attention stop right now......

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The patch tool is not compatible with centos 4 as you can't install a new enough glibc. There is a warning in cabal_install about this.
guy question

glibc 2.5 nothing..

plz teach.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry.

If you mean that not all maps have lanterns this is normal because i ran out of time. Only the first 3 maps (Bloody Ice, Desert Screem and Green Despair) actually have the lanterns.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
want to know how to connect the event pokemon and hadware4x??
and its staff for the magician???

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The first post explains the new commands. "cabal_channeltypes" will switch channel configurations.

I don't know about the WI staff but it would involve hexes to the client similar to the sig metal ones that don't work properly. I won't be working on trying to make new items work until what we have is fully stable as i don't want to introduce more bugs. Also i hate the new WI staff and prefer the orbs :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The first post explains the new commands. "cabal_channeltypes" will switch channel configurations.

I did this and appears
Chaqnges WorldSvr v1.0 .....

1 - Normal
2 - Hardcore
3 - Hadcore4x
4 - Halloween

put as the active 4

and sorry if i was to inguinorante through it.

'm from Brazil.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Replace the Const.scp from v2.5

guy question

glibc 2.5 nothing..

plz teach.

I suggest using CentOS 5(final)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
got me an error maby i did some thing wrong if so can any one help me

Attachments