Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cabal Online EP8 Server Installation Video Guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, i can`t access to root folder :X

I need to copy files with winSCP to root folder, but i don`t have a premissions :((((( what shold i do ??
please help ! : o

big, big thank all in advance

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to make a root acc ?(if u can, please in details :) ) i try set administrator rights few hours, to get all premissions, but nothing happens :(((((((

sorry, i`m newbie :/:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
why cannot run ./cabal_install.sh in putty .exe? I've done already in "yum update" its complete and copy the ep8repack to root but when I try to run in putty ./cabal_install.sh

Error: -bash ./cabal_install.sh: Permission Denied

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to set permissions with chmod.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have another question, about ports forwarding

That is my modem(alcatel-lucnet I-240G-P) ip >>>

I need to forward ports 38100-38200, but i can`t log into modem defult gateway IP. Browswer nothing found.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I try many ports from 38100 to 38200, but result was - Error: I could not see your service on 46.109.232.184 on port (38121) Reason: Connection refused

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Well centos doesn't have the 46.109.232.184 ip address does it?

You need to forward your ports from your windows IP to the local centos, set centos's network adapter to host only, set a static ip to the hostonly adapter and a static ip to the centos network adapter in the same class and as the gateway use the host only ip address. You may use google's open dns 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 as dns servers. Then share your wan network adapter with the virtual box host only adapter. After that is done you need to forward ports from your windows adapter using:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=WAN_Port listenaddress=WAN_IP connectport=CENTOS_PORT connectaddress=CENTOS_IP

Also remember to open your ports in windows firewall to allow inboud connections to the proxed ports.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys any idea about not showing channel ?
i get error in worldsvr_01_01 that it connect to 192.168.1.24:38121 witch is for loginsvr_01 but in loginsvr is setted up port 38121 .. as far as i know i dont need to open port since im making localhost server... pls help guys..thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well centos doesn't have the 46.109.232.184 ip address does it?

You need to forward your ports from your windows IP to the local centos, set centos's network adapter to host only, set a static ip to the hostonly adapter and a static ip to the centos network adapter in the same class and as the gateway use the host only ip address. You may use google's open dns 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 as dns servers. Then share your wan network adapter with the virtual box host only adapter. After that is done you need to forward ports from your windows adapter using:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=WAN_Port listenaddress=WAN_IP connectport=CENTOS_PORT connectaddress=CENTOS_IP

Also remember to open your ports in windows firewall to allow inboud connections to the proxed ports.
Same problem but when I try to change my adapter to virtual box host adapter and type ifconfig my centOS Ip change to 192.168.xxx.xxx from 46.109.xxx.xxx and click browser then type google.com I can't connect I'd check my network virtual box host adapter its "Undentified network " , I follow what you've writen here but still no connection:
roplys_ - Cabal Online EP8 Server Installation Video Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's ok if it's unidentified, have you shared your wan connection the the VB Host Only adapter?
I'd already share my connection to VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter" by right clicking my "Local Connection" then share but still no connection

roplys_ - Cabal Online EP8 Server Installation Video Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys any idea about not showing channel ?
i get error in worldsvr_01_01 that it connect to 192.168.1.24:38121 witch is for loginsvr_01 but in loginsvr is setted up port 38121 .. as far as i know i dont need to open port since im making localhost server... pls help guys..thanks

cypher any idea ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks ok from here. Now set centos ip to:

255.255.255.0 (/24)
Is this correct sir?
[root@centos58 ~]# vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

# Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE]
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=00:0C:29:A1:17:AD
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=192.168.56.103
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.56.102
GATEWAY=192.168.56.103
TYPE=Ethernet
PEERDNS=yes
USERCTL=no

[root@centos58 ~]# /etc/init.d/network restart

Configure DNS server:

[root@centos58 ~]# vi /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 208.67.222.222

sapeone123 check your world_01_01 logs and make sure your port is open

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I get this error too probably because im confused i practically have 3 ip's: the windows7 pppoe dynamic dhcp ip which cannot be set to static it can only connect with username and password and auto dhcp my ISP does not provide static ip to general consumer only to business connections(changes everytime i redial if restart/disconect >ip changes),this is the the actual public internet connection ip which NAT shares too.Then i have the windows7 LAN static IP with no internet connection only network,and last is the CentOS NAT ip
When i run "server cabal setup" it will ask me for 2 ip's sql server and ip players will connect to,which ip one i put where? i dont wanna make public server only for me local.
Also does this work without static public ip in the first place?

So how can i make the game work with NAT on same PC?this tutorial shows bridget network.Also why do i need to open ports since in CentOS i disable firewalls,i dont think i need to open in my host win7 ports do i?
Also im confused because i dont understand why is SQL server on my windows 7 machine the actual server? in the CentOS virtual machine.
Cant the server be installed in windows directly?

Edit: I use VMWare cause virtual box is just fail :facepalm:

*Updating the base CABAL files to Episode 8 Files!
--2013-12-24 14:41:43--
Resolving dev.extornia.com... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address `dev.extornia.com'

Does this have something to do with it? at the end of install cabal.sh it shows that but it also says its completed.

I still dont understand how i open ports i dont even have a router in my home only a RJ-45 cable from ISP?

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Change your MAC in VMware to get rid of Initialize Globals, there is a thread in the forums about this.

Also ignore the dev.extornia stuff, just download the rpms by yourself.

If you are using the internet through the shared WAN network adapter you can forward the ports by clicking on the settings button on the same tab you activated sharing for the network adapter, just add the ports you need and they will be forwarded to the VM.

Back