Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cabal Online EP8 Server Installation Video Guide

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
someone have client download LINK ?

everything done as needed, ping everywhere goes with everything, the server is also ok.
but I can not login. What's the problem? me cisco ports opened. thnx

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 - Cabal Online EP8 Server Installation Video Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

what is wrong ?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything is working perfect except one thing, I got no channels to connect. :/
Everything is [OK] by running "service cabal start" also ports are forwarded and the IP from WorldSvr_01_0x.ini and odbc.ini are changed, changed user and pw from AuthDBAgent.ini, CashDBAgent.ini, DBAgent_01.ini, EventDBAgent.ini, GlobalDBAgent.ini, PCBangDBAgent.ini too.

I still don't get it why it doesn't display any channel.

EDIT:

Nvm, it works perfectly now after a computer restart.
Thankyou for this really great guide works perfect.
3GB of Ram, 17GB space.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
have the next problem, i didnt have internet on CentOS... what is wrong ?? i also use wifi for my laptop

go to your Centos settings, then go to network and then change it to bridge, and in advance, choose Desktop.. Hope this will help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well maybe you can help us with the invisible channel problem, because few of us we have this problem.

I turned off windows firewall
CentOS firewall is turned off
Ports are opened

The channel has appear one time but he disappeared, after that the channel never appeared again.
I deleted all logs and try again to start the server, but the channel still doesn't appear.
PS: The WorldSvr_01_08 is working, but i can't do nothing with because is NationWar.

I have the same router as u basically and i did everything in your video. The ports are forwarded. I loaded up centos. But yet the ports are still blocked? I even checked Enabled. Disabled UAC and firewall

[Sat Feb 9 2013 17:40:02.138652 3085912560]: [##ERROR##] connect 127.0.0.1:38170 fail
[Sat Feb 9 2013 17:40:02.138693 3085912560]: [##ERROR##] Link(): link open fail(Automatic), Exit
[Sat Feb 9 2013 17:40:02.138861 3085912560]: [##ERROR##] active fail
[Sat Feb 9 2013 17:40:02.362602 3085912560]: waiting for the client version
[Sat Feb 9 2013 17:40:03.130278 3077610384]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [3077610384]
[Sat Feb 9 2013 17:40:03.132013 3085912560]: waiting for the image key
[Sat Feb 9 2013 17:40:03.132405 3085912560]: try listening 38101 port

I seem to be having these issues as well. I've tried fiddling with the INI files, to no avail. No matter what I do, the channel list is empty, and only if I manually start the MW server (WorldSvr_01_08) will it appear. But only MW shows up.

Did either one of you two manage to fix your issues? How about everyone else? What steps did you take to fix this problem?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made my cabal working but few words for me:

1) if u checked centOS ip, and u cant connect to this IP by winscp, try shutdown centOS and start it, log in to root , check again IP if its same as before, try connect now by winscp if fail, try reconnect, if fail again, try restart centOS, and should be ok
2) if u cant connect by putty, close terminal, and open again, should work
3) when u write service cabal config, at Enter IP for players to connect - if u dont need to make it fullt online, and juts for ur use or local network only, try write there ip of ur centOS.
4) after u write service cabal start, if u cant connect try few times write service WorldSvr_01_01 stop , and start, and stop, and start, few times, than u should log in without problem
5) in client (i used simp cabal and work great), dont forget to make Internal.txt file in DATA folder, and root folder ( and IP there of centOS) , and bat file use with breaklee

I still dont know how to change rates and add gm but soon I will try to find it out. Hope my post can help people who still didnt made own server of cabal ep8 :) if u had problems write to me here, or at my skype: jozef.pawelec

same problem with mine ...

oh my god .. i cant connect to the channel . i have made 4 channels,

i have also 4GB RAM

i really dont know whats going on ..

(NEED HELP)

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
You can see the channels and cant connect (it doesnt let you in) or you dont see any Server in the server list at all.

- Magic key is different
- Its a simple misconfiguration with the IPs and firewall

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried reinstalling everything and now I'm getting this error from the MSQL. Any ideas?

Error - Cabal Online EP8 Server Installation Video Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Edit: Nvm, I fixed it lol... I just had to manually restart the MSSQLSERVER service.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got an error when i type ifconfig in terminal , also seems to be different at me after the brackets i have the Dollar sign ($) not this (#)

EDIT : I finally done with that part but now when I enter in winscp and add the ip from inet addr I just get : Connection Time Out .

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi i got problem my server works fine but i cant add new accound on my MSSQL
I use this code
Code:
set ANSI_NULLS ON set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON go  ALTER  FUNCTION [dbo].[fn_md5] (@data varchar(255))  RETURNS CHAR(32)  AS   BEGIN 	return SUBSTRING(master.dbo.fn_varbintohexstr(HashBytes('MD5', @data)), 3, 32) END

when i use it i got this
Msg 208, Level 16, State 6, Procedure fn_md5, Line 5
Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_md5'.

I doing acc with CabalGMTool : http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/cabal-server-management-cabal-ep8-908299/

But still i cant log with on this acc

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how did u Solve WINSCP problem with centos?

I always get that crappy error.
EDIT

If i use bridge instead of LAN at virtual box i can`t see any IP. What should i do?

bump!

Bridge Problem.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant register account link is dead.. how to create account please help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Video Guide for installing SQL 2006 r2 for XP Pls coz i cant install on XP :( 32 bit

I think 2008 r2 is needed not 2006

can this server could run on LAN ? or internet connection needed... thanks...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
still no one can tell any solution on why we cant enter channel? i followed so many tuts and even try to reinstall everything and end up like a failure i feel like giving up :(:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
After u start server and you want a classmate to play with you what do you share with him?
You give him simp cabal instalation kitt + what more?

Back