Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes just simply type cabal_stop at your terminal then shutdown your server and your pc

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes just simply type cabal_stop at your terminal then shutdown your server and your pc

Thank you Do you happen to know why everytime I'm starting to play again I get this msgs

I always can't login like the first time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it might depend on the version of ubuntu then. when I FIRST made a test server it gave me no issues. that was the only time I ever used ubuntu. I think it was either ubuntu 14 or 16 at the time. but after that I used CentOS only since the tutorial I had started using after that used it and didn't involve any VM nonsense

Reaction score
This tutorial will show you how to have a fully working Cabal Online Private Server on CentOS 7 VPS with a Database and overall - ready to launch officially* or not.
[This tutorial is written for CentOS 7 ONLY]​
*if you have a ready files though.About repack: It's at stable stage, that has been planned for quite a while and it requires a bit more manual work than the usual one, but that I explain below, so hopefully, if you follow my tutorial, you will have no issues to have a server.- Cleaned Libraries that stopped CentOS yum update and were not used at all.- Overall clean-up of the whole repack and scripts.- Infinite yum update [expected] without any issues (lol).- If you will notice anything, please report here. REPACK RELATED ISSUES ONLY.- As well as any feedback appreciated!Links to one of the cheapest VPS's on the internet with a minimal anti-ddos:- - - No more Windows R2- No more Remote Desktops- No more hassle- No more 30-120 Euros a month for Dedicated Servers with additional charges for Windows EnvironmentIMPORTANT NOTE: If you will follow my full tutorial, you will have it a fully working server within 2 hours time. Repack has been tested and already used by couple servers and my test server.This repack might not suite everyones taste, as it has a different cabal_status and overall OS environment is slightly different from CentOS 6.
Tutorial has sections, so make sure you follow them.
So, without further ado, lets begin:
Section 1 [Minimal to Average Requirements]:
Minimal Requirements of User:1. Read in english.2. Follow tutorial accurately. 3. NO RUSHING. Patience is a virtue. 4. Double-check every step done and verify it.5. Assure that everything has been done correctly and as tutorial says.FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS:Minimal Requirements of System:1. CentOS 7 [Not Debian, not Ubuntu, not Fedora or any of that sort]2. 6 GB Ram [CentOS SQL requires minimum of 4 GB RAM]3. 100 GB of space [can be either SSD or HDD]4. 100mbps Bandwith [This is only if you won't make it public or will not go international, for public release strongly advised to have 1 GBPS]
Section 2 [System Preparation]:
Assumingly you've got your CentOS 7 running, you have to do couple of things:1. Check if you have a running Firewalld. Command to check it:
Code:
systemctl status firewalld
- If it is shown as: Active: active (running) then go to Step 2.- If it is show as: Inactive then go to Step 1.1.1.1. Command to restart Firewalld:
Code:
systemctl enable firewalld
1.2. Command to start Firewalld:
Code:
systemctl start firewalld
** Repeat Step 1 to check if it is Running now.1.3. If you would like to restart your firewall, then use:
Code:
systemctl restart firewalld
2. Run Yum Update to update your system:
Code:
yum update
Section 3 [Ports & Firewalld]:
Advice: Highly suggested to use custom ports for open ports like Chatnode, LoginSvr, WorldSvr* and AgentShop*.1. Allow ports in the Firewalld:
Code:
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=1433/tcp --permanent
Required Ports [Default ones, change accordingly to your custom ones if you decide to change]:- 80 - HTTP- 443 - HTTPS- 1433 - Database- 38101 - LoginSvr- 38121 - Chatnode- 38151 - AgentShop- 38111 - 38116 - Channels*- 38126 - War [170-190]*You can open a full port range by typing:
Code:
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=38111-38126/tcp --permanent
* DO NOT OPEN GLOBALMGRSVR PORT.** The ports provided are fully sufficient for full server use.2. After you have added all of the ports, restart firewalld:
Code:
sudo firewall-cmd --reload
3. Check if you have added all of the ports you require:
Code:
firewall-cmd --list-all
4. OPTIONAL - You can also create a new zone in firewalld, if you decide not to use public zone, as well as add blocks / drop specific connections and such: 5. To remove ports from your firewall:
Code:
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --remove-port=38111-38126/tcp --permanent
Useful guide for a bit more indepth firewalld commands:
Section 4 [Database Installation & Restoration]:
Database Installation
Advisable: Get newest SSMS for yourself, in order to connect to your new database: FULL SETUP: Minimal Setup:1. Download the Microsoft SQL Server [2019] Red Hat repository configuration file:
Code:
sudo curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/mssql-server.repo https://packages.microsoft.com/config/rhel/7/mssql-server-2019.repo
2. Run the following commands to install SQL Server:
Code:
sudo yum install -y mssql-server
3. Run mssql-conf setup and follow the prompts to set the SA password and choose express edition [Number 3] dbo.cabal_client_version table with your client's Magic Key and Client Version.4. Refer to Toast repack's War Channels and Saint Vikalitan event, it doesn't have an automatically added ones yet.5. Another Advise: Replace ONLY Data folder and Common.ini [Don't forget to link each of them to your Channels if you have more than one] if you start a fresh server. 5.1. CHMOD your new Data folder and Common.ini files with right permissions, using these commands:
Code:
sudo chmod -R 777 /etc/cabal/Data
*This will set all permissions to new Data folder and it's subfolders.
Code:
sudo chmod 777 /etc/cabal/Common.ini
*Change accordingly to your common.ini name.6. Channel & Server types: Toast's Tutorial
*** DATABASE SIDE ***​
Noticed some issues connecting to bega or some websites, so do the following to avoid them: 1. Assumingly you restored all database, go to:
Code:
Account -> Tables -> dbo.cabal_auth_table -> right-click it and select "Design" -> go to password section and change it from: var(50) to var(256) -> click "Save" in the tools meniu line.2. Go to Account -> Programabillity -> Stored Procedures -> dbo.cabal_tool_registerAccount and change all password var(XX) to var(256) -> click run and then close it.3. Go to Account -> Programabillity -> Stored Procedures -> dbo.cabal_tool_registerAccount_web and change all password var(XX) to var(256) -> click run and then close it.4. [B]REMINDER:[/B] go to Account -> dbo.cabal_client_version_table and update Magic Key and Version in order to connect properly into your server.[/SPOILER][CENTER][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=4][B][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY"]Congratulations![/URL]Now you can type: cabal_restart -d and join your server![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=5][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Useful Tips & Tricks:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][Spoiler]1. [B]Lock Channel on your IP[/B][I]Mini tutorial:[/I]Simply add a rule to your existing Firewalld zone, using this command: [CODE]firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule='  rule family="ipv4"  source address="[B][COLOR=#ff0000]YOUR_IP[/COLOR][/B]/32"  port protocol="tcp" port="[COLOR=#ff0000][B]YOUR_PORT/s[/B][/COLOR]" accept'
* In "your port" part, add channel port you want to lock on your IP, which will lead for channel to be visible for everyone, but if someone else will try to click on it, it will not allow to connect. Only user/s who's IP/s are added to this rule, can connect to the channel. You can also insert a port range, just like in Firewalld section of this tutorial.Once you paste it, you have to reload your Firewalld:
Code:
To remove your "lock" and allow everyone to connect to the channel, copy-paste this, with the details changed accordingly:
Code:
firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --remove-rich-rule='  rule family="ipv4"  source address="[B][COLOR=#ff0000]YOUR_IP[/COLOR][/B]/32"  port protocol="tcp" port="[B][COLOR=#ff0000]YOUR_PORT/s[/COLOR][/B]" accept'
Once you paste it, you have to reload your Firewalld:
Code:
All credits belong to people who helped and supported the project not solely by feedback, but also financially. Most credits: penetrator9000 (wished to remain in shadows) & YamachiReferences: DeXtR and Toast2250
I am following the tutorial by AzureSensei but when I try to install the databases I get this error how do I fix it? I state that on centos 6.5 the databases are installed successfully

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
try to check the close existing connection then upload

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am following the tutorial by @AzureSensei but when I try to install the databases I get this error how do I fix it? I state that on centos 6.5 the databases are installed successfully
Idk why you're having a lot of troubles or issues when the SEARCH button is always there and I even found every solution to your issues.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have ready made centos 7 if you want you can change credential to yours

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am following the tutorial by @AzureSensei but when I try to install the databases I get this error how do I fix it? I state that on centos 6.5 the databases are installed successfully
I think you need to uncheck the "Tail-Log backup" it was stated on the tutorial to "DESELECT" that option.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Iniciando EventMgrSvr...
Iniciando LoginSvr_01...
Job para LoginSvr_01.service falhou porque o processo de controle foi encerrado com código de erro. Consulte "systemctl status LoginSvr_01.service" e "journalctl -xe" para obter detalhes.Iniciando
AgentShop_01...Iniciando WorldSvr_01_01...
Iniciando WorldSvr_01_02...
Iniciando WorldSvr_01_03...
Iniciando WorldSvr_01_04..
.Iniciando WorldSvr_01_05...

alguém sabe como posso arrumar?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Iniciando EventMgrSvr...
Iniciando LoginSvr_01...
Job para LoginSvr_01.service falhou porque o processo de controle foi encerrado com código de erro. Consulte "systemctl status LoginSvr_01.service" e "journalctl -xe" para obter detalhes.Iniciando
AgentShop_01...Iniciando WorldSvr_01_01...
Iniciando WorldSvr_01_02...
Iniciando WorldSvr_01_03...
Iniciando WorldSvr_01_04..
.Iniciando WorldSvr_01_05...

alguém sabe como posso arrumar?

check in all ini files if you have set SA and your database password
and in all world_01_xxxx files if you put the machine's IP

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@AzureSensei

What version of Centos 7 still support this for offline? I know Centos 7 (Core) still works but that was a VPS.
I tried installing Centos 7 2009 Core but most of the repos cant access.
Thank you

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is my first time in cabal development server. can someone clarify the client side. I have searched every tuts and connect the dots on that side. About the XOR, MAGICKEY, LANGUAGE.ENC. i have done all those and changed the version and magic key on my db side and server side. but everytime I log in the client close and if I dont change the ip on LANGUAGE.ENC. it doesnt close but couldnt connect

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is my first time in cabal development server. can someone clarify the client side. I have searched every tuts and connect the dots on that side. About the XOR, MAGICKEY, LANGUAGE.ENC. i have done all those and changed the version and magic key on my db side and server side. but everytime I log in the client close and if I dont change the ip on LANGUAGE.ENC. it doesnt close but couldnt connect
You forget to mention about the ports :D it should be opened.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This tutorial will show you how to have a fully working Cabal Online Private Server on CentOS 7 VPS with a Database and overall - ready to launch officially* or not.
[This tutorial is written for CentOS 7 ONLY]​
*if you have a ready files though.
About repack: It's at stable stage, that has been planned for quite a while and it requires a bit more manual work than the usual one, but that I explain below, so hopefully, if you follow my tutorial, you will have no issues to have a server.

- Cleaned Libraries that stopped CentOS yum update and were not used at all.
- Overall clean-up of the whole repack and scripts.
- Infinite yum update [expected] without any issues (lol).

- If you will notice anything, please report here. REPACK RELATED ISSUES ONLY.
- As well as any feedback appreciated!
Links to one of the cheapest VPS's on the internet with a minimal anti-ddos:
-
-

- No more Windows R2
- No more Remote Desktops
- No more hassle
- No more 30-120 Euros a month for Dedicated Servers with additional charges for Windows Environment

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you will follow my full tutorial, you will have it a fully working server within 2 hours time. Repack has been tested and already used by couple servers and my test server.
This repack might not suite everyones taste, as it has a different cabal_status and overall OS environment is slightly different from CentOS 6.

Tutorial has sections, so make sure you follow them.

So, without further ado, lets begin:

Section 1 [Minimal to Average Requirements]:
Minimal Requirements of User:
1. Read in english.
2. Follow tutorial accurately.
3. NO RUSHING. Patience is a virtue.
4. Double-check every step done and verify it.
5. Assure that everything has been done correctly and as tutorial says.

FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS:

Minimal Requirements of System:
1. CentOS 7 [Not Debian, not Ubuntu, not Fedora or any of that sort]
2. 6 GB Ram [CentOS SQL requires minimum of 4 GB RAM]
3. 100 GB of space [can be either SSD or HDD]
4. 100mbps Bandwith [This is only if you won't make it public or will not go international, for public release strongly advised to have 1 GBPS]

Section 2 [System Preparation]:

Assumingly you've got your CentOS 7 running, you have to do couple of things:

1. Check if you have a running Firewalld. Command to check it:
Code:
systemctl status firewalld
- If it is shown as: Active: active (running) then go to Step 2.
- If it is show as: Inactive then go to Step 1.1.

1.1. Command to restart Firewalld:
Code:
systemctl enable firewalld
1.2. Command to start Firewalld:
Code:
systemctl start firewalld
* Repeat Step 1 to check if it is Running now.
1.3. If you would like to restart your firewall, then use:
Code:
systemctl restart firewalld

2. Run Yum Update to update your system:
Code:
yum update

Section 3 [Ports & Firewalld]:

Advice: Highly suggested to use custom ports for open ports like Chatnode, LoginSvr, WorldSvr* and AgentShop*.

1. Allow ports in the Firewalld:

Code:
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=1433/tcp --permanent

Required Ports [Default ones, change accordingly to your custom ones if you decide to change]:
- 80 - HTTP
- 443 - HTTPS
- 1433 - Database
- 38101 - LoginSvr
- 38121 - Chatnode
- 38151 - AgentShop
- 38111 - 38116 - Channels*
- 38126 - War [170-190]*
You can open a full port range by typing:
Code:
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=38111-38126/tcp --permanent
* DO NOT OPEN GLOBALMGRSVR PORT.
** The ports provided are fully sufficient for full server use.

2. After you have added all of the ports, restart firewalld:
Code:

3. Check if you have added all of the ports you require:
Code:
firewall-cmd --list-all

4. OPTIONAL - You can also create a new zone in firewalld, if you decide not to use public zone, as well as add blocks / drop specific connections and such:

5. To remove ports from your firewall:
Code:
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --remove-port=38111-38126/tcp --permanent

Useful guide for a bit more indepth firewalld commands:

Section 4 [Database Installation & Restoration]:
Database Installation

Advisable: Get newest SSMS for yourself, in order to connect to your new database:

FULL SETUP:
Minimal Setup:

1. Download the Microsoft SQL Server [2019] Red Hat repository configuration file:
Code:
sudo curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/mssql-server.repo https://packages.microsoft.com/config/rhel/7/mssql-server-2019.repo

2. Run the following commands to install SQL Server:
Code:
sudo yum install -y mssql-server

3. Run mssql-conf setup and follow the prompts to set the SA password and choose express edition [Number 3] <- because it is a Free Edition of newest SQL:
Code:
sudo /opt/mssql/bin/mssql-conf setup

4. Check if SQL is running:
Code:
systemctl status mssql-server

5. Make backup directory to restore your backups from:
Code:
mkdir -p /var/opt/mssql/backup

6. Upload your database backups [.bak files] into: /var/opt/mssql/backup
CLEAN EP8 Database Backups [Toast's]:
Contains:
Code:
* Account
* Authentication
* CabalCash
* CabalGuild
* EventData
* Netcafebilling
* Server01
cabalmanager is NOT NEEDED. It does not have any function in EP8.

Database Restoration

1. Login to your installed database, right click on Database and select "New Query", then copy this:
Code:
CREATE DATABASE Account;
CREATE DATABASE Authentication;
CREATE DATABASE CabalCash;
CREATE DATABASE CabalGuild;
CREATE DATABASE EventData;
CREATE DATABASE NetcafeBilling;
CREATE DATABASE Server01;
and click "Run". It will create all databases you will require.

OMeauk6 - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums

2. Once databases are created, and backups are uploaded to /var/opt/mssql/backup, right-click on database and follow these steps:
Step 1: "Account" database -> "Tasks" -> "Restore" -> "Database..."
jRJmxcH - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 2: Select "Device" -> Click on 3 dots (in image marked as 2) -> Select "Add" -> Once window opens, click on "backup" and select Account.bak file -> Click "Ok"
[outcome will be like picture]

pOaio7L - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 3: Select "Options" (1) -> Tick "Overwrite the existing database (WITH REPLACE) (2). If you have "Take tail-log backup before restore" -> DESELECT IT. It has to be as show in the image below -> Click "Ok" and wait till database restores.

nLBYbVw - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums

Now repeat the STEPS ABOVE for all databases until they are fully restored.

Old method for 2017 MSSQL - reported problems - NOT ADVISED TO USE IT:
Once you have done all points in Database Installation part, follow these simple to restore your database using PuTTy Terminal, which is simple copy-paste + enter.

1. Download required repository for SQLCMD:
Code:
curl https://packages.microsoft.com/config/rhel/7/prod.repo > /etc/yum.repos.d/msprod.repo
2. Run the following command to install it:
Code:
sudo yum install mssql-tools unixODBC-devel
3. Create a symlink using this command:
Code:
sudo ln -s /opt/mssql-tools/bin/* /usr/local/bin/
4. Using the following line in PuTTy terminal, you will create a database and restore it at the same time, without the need to login to SSMS Management and create everything there, as show in this sample:
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [[COLOR=#ff0000][B]Account[/B][/COLOR]] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/[COLOR=#ff0000][B]Account.bak[/B][/COLOR]' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"

Copy paste the following lines in the spoiler below to restore full database.
*Important: after each line, you will be prompted to input database password.
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [Account] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/Account.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"
Click Enter -> Input your database password -> Click Enter -> Done!
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [Authentication] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/Authentication.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [CabalCash] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/CabalCash.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [CabalGuild] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/CabalGuild.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [EventData] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/EventData.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [NetCafeBilling] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/NetCafeBilling.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"
Code:
sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q "RESTORE DATABASE [Server01] FROM DISK = N'/var/opt/mssql/backup/Server01.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 5"

Database Location and Commands:

Backups: /var/opt/mssql/backup
Command to restart database:
Code:
systemctl restart mssql-server

P.S. SQL has its own cmd, but it is not adviseable for novice user to use it, as SSMS does everything you need.

# Useful Tips #

- How to change default database username to my own?
Answer: Login to your Database -> Select "Security" (below "Databases") -> right-click user "sa" -> click "Rename" -> change it to whatever you like and hit "Enter" on your keyboard -> Done!
xJP69ZN - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums

- How to change MSSQL default port (1433) into my custom one?
Answer:
- Firstly, add it into your firewall zone. If you will not add it before hand, you will block yourself out of the database.
- Then, run the following command in SSH terminal:
Code:
/opt/mssql/bin/mssql-conf set network.tcpport YOUR_PORT_HERE
- After that you will be prompted to restart MSSQL Server, so use the following:
Code:
systemctl restart mssql-server.service

Section 5 [Repack Installation]:

REPACK DOWNLOAD LINK:
1. cabal_ep8_repack.tar.gz into /root directory.

2. Run command:
Code:
tar xzvf cabal*

3. Run command:
Code:
chmod +x install.sh

4. Start instalation:
Code:
./install.sh

Installation is pretty straight forward, just let it install everything and update system and additional libraries.

5. When installation is finished, type:
Code:
cabal_config
and input required information.

6. After that is completed, type:
Code:
mkdir -p /var/log/cabal

REPACK COMMANDS:

Creation / Config:
Code:
cabal_create -s - creates Servers [World] (SAMPLE: cabal_create -s 1 [will create 1 server])
cabal_create -c - creates Channels (SAMPLE: cabal_create -c 2 1 [will create 2 channels in the 1st server])cabal_config = Server ips, database port and credentials
Management:
Code:
cabal_start - starts services
cabal_stop - stops services
cabal_status - checks services

cabal_reload - reloads services [B]on live server[/B]
cabal_restart - restarts services
cabal_restart -d - restarts services and deletes all logs*
[Please download a fixed version of cabal_restart -d from here: and replace it with the existing one in: /etc/cabal/Template/sh]
Section 6 [Server Setup a.k.a. Finishing Touches]:

*** SERVER SIDE ***

VERY VERY BIG ADVISE: DO NOT paste your .ini files of any config, apart of common.ini ; just recreate it on the new ones. [Advising as some people had experienced some sort of a issues in regards to changing .ini files that were not common.ini and I had no time to look into it, but anyone with knowledge and kind enough could post anything about it and I will update this tutorial]

1. Go to WorldSvr_0X_0X and change ports accordingly, as repack will recreate all channels [WorldSvr_0X_0X on port: 38111 ; so you won't see any other channels apart of Channel 1]

For beginners:
Lets say you created 5 channels, you will see only channel 1 because all of them has port 38111 set on it, so what you need to do is this:
Go to WorldSvr_01_02 and change it's port to 38112
Go to WorldSvr_01_03 and change it's port to 38113
Go to WorldSvr_01_04 and change it's port to 38114
Go to WorldSvr_01_05 and change it's port to 38115

2. Check GlobalMgrSvr_0X.ini file to setup your channels accordingly.

3. Update LoginSvr_0X.ini and Account Database-> dbo.cabal_client_version table with your client's Magic Key and Client Version.

4. Refer to Toast repack's War Channels and Saint Vikalitan event, it doesn't have an automatically added ones yet.

5. Another Advise: Replace ONLY Data folder and Common.ini [Don't forget to link each of them to your Channels if you have more than one] if you start a fresh server.

5.1. CHMOD your new Data folder and Common.ini files with right permissions, using these commands:
Code:
sudo chmod -R 777 /etc/cabal/Data
*This will set all permissions to new Data folder and it's subfolders.
Code:
sudo chmod 777 /etc/cabal/Common.ini
*Change accordingly to your common.ini name.

6. Channel & Server types: Toast's Tutorial

*** DATABASE SIDE ***​

Noticed some issues connecting to bega or some websites, so do the following to avoid them:

1. Assumingly you restored all database, go to:
Code:
Account -> Tables -> dbo.cabal_auth_table -> right-click it and select "Design" -> go to password section and change it from: var(50) to var(256) -> click "Save" in the tools meniu line.

2. Go to Account -> Programabillity -> Stored Procedures -> dbo.cabal_tool_registerAccount and change all password var(XX) to var(256) -> click run and then close it.

3. Go to Account -> Programabillity -> Stored Procedures -> dbo.cabal_tool_registerAccount_web and change all password var(XX) to var(256) -> click run and then close it.

4. [B]REMINDER:[/B] go to Account -> dbo.cabal_client_version_table and update Magic Key and Version in order to connect properly into your server.
[/SPOILER]

[CENTER][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=4][B][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY"]Congratulations![/URL]

Now you can type: cabal_restart -d 
and join your server!

[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Useful Tips & Tricks:

[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[Spoiler]
1. [B]Lock Channel on your IP[/B]
[I]Mini tutorial:[/I]
Simply add a rule to your existing Firewalld zone, using this command: 
[CODE]firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule='
  rule family="ipv4"
  source address="[B][COLOR=#ff0000]YOUR_IP[/COLOR][/B]/32"
  port protocol="tcp" port="[COLOR=#ff0000][B]YOUR_PORT/s[/B][/COLOR]" accept'
* In "your port" part, add channel port you want to lock on your IP, which will lead for channel to be visible for everyone, but if someone else will try to click on it, it will not allow to connect. Only user/s who's IP/s are added to this rule, can connect to the channel.
You can also insert a port range, just like in Firewalld section of this tutorial.

Code:

To remove your "lock" and allow everyone to connect to the channel, copy-paste this, with the details changed accordingly:
Code:
firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --remove-rich-rule='
  rule family="ipv4"
  source address="[B][COLOR=#ff0000]YOUR_IP[/COLOR][/B]/32"
  port protocol="tcp" port="[B][COLOR=#ff0000]YOUR_PORT/s[/COLOR][/B]" accept'
Code:

All credits belong to people who helped and supported the project not solely by feedback, but also financially.
Most credits: penetrator9000 (wished to remain in shadows) & Yamachi

References: DeXtR and Toast2250
Update reepack download link

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back