Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [CentOS 7 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database)

Thx I have increased RAM and mssql active now.

Got some more question:
How can I restore mssql back up on linux? (Can it works with mssql on windows?)
I don't get Section 6 [Server Setup a.k.a. Finishing Touches]:
Where can I find WorldSvr_0X_0X?
You may download and install Microsoft Sql Server Management Studio 17.xx //mine is 17.04
Open it and input your database server IP in "Server Name" field and db password in "Password" field respectively and click connect.

WorldSvr_0x_0x is located in
/etc/cabal/WorldSvr_01_01

x after zero indicates a number

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello, i have a problem when i try to setup TG and Forcecalibut. I can't start the channels due to the following error "Unit not found". Can anyone help me and tell me how to fix this? Thank you !
PS: I used this Repack. Used the command "cabal_chan10" for Normal/Forcecalibur/TG.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey, I'm just curious if something went wrong with my GlobalMgrSvr or did it start just fine?
6ZRsptW - [CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score

about TG / Saint force what i did is i replace the repack from here and i use the toast repack and config it but dont copy the library file just the ep8 repack and the .sh and run it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

about TG / Saint force what i did is i replace the repack from here and i use the toast repack and config it but dont copy the library file just the ep8 repack and the .sh and run it
So did you happen to run it and play?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I have not attempted a cabal server in roughly 5 years, the tutorials back then were extremely unreliable but worked atleast, however when I came back something happened and now most of those tutorials nolonger work right despite using the exact same process and softwares.

This tutorial however is far more reliable from first glance. no having to use 2 OSs for database and server (additional bandwidth wasted nor resource waste) from what I see all the server files are actually downloadable unlike other repack release threads I've seen and from what I can tell the server doesn't have to expose itself by having no firewall enabled.

Keep in mind I haven't tested this tutorial out yet but will be going through it over the net 2 days or so on my laptop in a VM. The only 2 things I'd like to ask is could you by chance create a tutorial later on how to make additional portions such as a simple registration system for new players, and the second thing being could you by chance give a tutorial on how to make a launcher program(basically the program that launches the game after verifying updates ect)

These 2 things are the only things I can't really grasp how to go about doing, atleast with mssql and such. I'ved worked with web-development before alot but I've never worked with mssql before, I'm more used to mySQL but have not really even touched the actual use of it yet. and I have some minor experience with visual studios under my belt aswell. The tutorials need not look fancy or anything, I just have no idea how to go about setting these up to start with yet

so far I have gotten really far into the tutorial no hassle, however I'm stuck at a wall on something in section 6. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do involving these 2 specific parts of it:

2. Check GlobalMgrSvr_0X.ini file to setup your channels accordingly. (Need help to figure out what exactly I need to be looking for in this file specifically to verify/change/ect)
3. Update LoginSvr_0X.ini with your client's Magic Key and Client Version. (Need help understanding this part and what it is that I need to do exactly)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

so far I've looked into the magic key issue I was having and my guess is(I don't need to change or worry about it because I'm using the client from fallen?)

the only issue that I guess I'm having now is:
SECTION 6
2. what am I looking for in GlobalMgrSvr_0X.ini

and how do I setup the databases and then restore from the backups(the tutorial didn't say how to do this in the database instillation section)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Editing this because I'm a moron it seems. the issue with restoring the DBs was just me overlooking a tick box. I kept trying right after posting that and the first thing worked. Sorry for so many posts right after another.

and now I have yet again another issue with the database restoring. this time I have no clue how to begin fixing this. The error makes no sense because the file IS there and SHOULD not be giving any issue:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio------------------------------Restore of database 'Server01' failed. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.RelationalEngineTasks)------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Directory lookup for the file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\Server01.mdf" failed with the operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)For help, click:
https://imgur.com/a/Lv0ZLMc

solved it, for some reason it was mssm setting something differently in the restore settings with file paths. this program is absolutely horrible, I wish there was a way to use mySQL instead because this microsoft stuff is a bit annoying to work with at this point. You may want to put in some notes to the tutorial letting users know that they should be very warry of restore settings changing between each of the DBs

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello, I getting this error below, can you help and guide me how to fix?

on DB_Agent log file:

[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:52.251533 4148020992]:
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:52.251533 4148020992]: [##ERROR##] Special Character Error ! ( @, /, \)
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:52.251577 4148020992]: [##ERROR##] active fail
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247347 4110416704]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [4110416704]
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247393 4078951232]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247420 4095736640]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247455 4078951232]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [4078951232]
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247459 4131228480]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247402 4120902464]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247562 4047502144]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Sat Jun 23 2018 23:16:53.247475 4057987904]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

So I now have the whole thing working perfectly on a desktop in my office. 8gb of ram, 2core cpu, and 4 HDDs in raid for redundancy and a low power draw PSU all on a office power backup box. Decent enough connection aswell for it. The only issue I'm having is getting the 5 channels I set to show up. Right now only channel 1 is showing and I'd also like to try and change it where channels have names other then "Channel X" and I'd like to change the server name from "Murcury"

It would also seem that I can connect locally on the network to the server however people who are over in other locations such as uk are unable to connect. not sure why tho

nvm the user was having a login issue simply because of Norton AV blocking the client. I'd still like to know how to get all 5 channels to show and change server/channel names

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Nice Guide. i hope theres a Video guide. More power to you AzureSensei!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

How do i upload the clean database files and where do i find /var/opt/mssql/backup? i cant find the backup folder.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

How do i upload the clean database files and where do i find /var/opt/mssql/backup? i cant find the backup folder.

If you wrote this command:
Code:
mkdir -p /var/opt/mssql/backup
a new folder should appear in /var/opt/mssql/ called backup. You can connect to your VM using WinSCP, worked for me just fine. Once you connect to your VM with WinSCP you should go to / root folder and you'll find /var there, then just follow folder structure until you find backup folder. Drag&drop your backups in there. You could also make backup folder using WinSCP (shortcut: F7). Same goes for uploading cabal_ep8_repack.tar.gz, connect with WinSCP, find /root folder inside / <root> (if you don't appear in there yet), and drag&drop cabal_ep8_repack.tar.gz in there.

Damn I hope that's not confusing :$:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Are you have an specific client to use with this server?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

The difference is that this tutorial is the proper way to operate a server, you don't need windows involved(windows is a extremely bad choice for running a server after all) your also running a more upto date version of mssql, and a more up to date version of centos. You also won't have to deal with extra bloat ware and wasted resources.

that other tutorial would have you resource deprived rather easily because you have 2 whole OSs running, extra software just to handle it and unneeded extra network traffic between the VM and the Host.

This tutorial you only need centos, mssql and the cabal server and you are good to go.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Can anyone pls help me to set this up i have some problems and i dont know how to fix them. Pls add me on discord and help me try to fix my errors. :*::*: Hanz#1569

Reaction score

Same error with me, didn't work.

Failed to register account

=============================================
USE [Account]

GO

DECLARE @return_value int

EXEC @return_value = [dbo].[cabal_tool_registerAccount]

@id = N'uikolw',

@password = N'123456'

SELECT 'Return Value' = @return_value

GO

String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserNum', table 'Account.dbo.cabal_charge_auth'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Thanks AzureSensei
At Last complete a server whith this tuts

thanks so much

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

where should i install the client??in windows or inside Virtualbox??

and how to know my client version and magic key?? thank you..

i got my server running,but i cant follow the instruction in section 5,and i dont know how to run or connect the client with the server..

Back