Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Changing the name of the Cabal window

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WARNING: This is a tutorial to pass on knowledge, if you read to the end you will learn about assembler.

Well, I see that many servers use only the title of the window as CABAL, I bring a tutorial in ASM how to change this without having crash problems with the game.
I will give an explanation of how the executable works with this string. Basically a certain offset the executable moves the window full of string to it, let below the offset.

Offset where the function will be read: 0047256D MOV DWORD PTR DS:[ESI+0x278],0xAC6874

If we give ctrl+G and go to offset 00AC6874 will find the current string of executable window.

We will stop at the next line
00AC6874 43 INC EBX

just click right on top of it and go Follow im dump / selection.

The string of the window will be separated into 5 BYTES with them, 43 41 42 41 4C and another BYTE 00 I will explain what it is for.

good basically you could change the window name there, but if you put a name which it has more than 7 Bytes simply its function will not work. Well this part is only to explain basically how it works, now in low
tutorial will teach you how to put a huge string without problems.

Come on, knowing that to put a big name I need a good space I found this offset '00A08C74' in which it allows me to put a name that can be up to 12 BYTES. a ctrl+E And on top of that offset and write the name of your window in ASCII field. my string was like 'CABAL TESTE' in which it held 11 BYTES of memory, I left empty BYTE 1 to place the 00, the 00 byte serves to recognize executable that string came to an end, if that 00 is not placed simply it will amend the string with WHAT is down and will never end.

My job was so:
vodikatm - Changing the name of the Cabal window - RaGEZONE Forums

After that simply click on OK and take a ctrl + A.
And this is the result:

our job is done, now we have to do the function that uses the full name to put the window read our offset, for that we turn it back on offset 0047256D giving a ctrl+G.
the original function is as follows: MOV DWORD PTR DS: [ESI + 0x278], 0xAC6874

So we have to change that offset there to ours, in which case it 00A08C74, just take 2 clicks and change the function and will stay that way.
MOV DWORD PTR DS: [ESI + 0x278], 0xA08C74

Now click with the right mouse button and go on to copy executable, all Modifications, copy all. in the small window that opens just go right and go save file and save.
And here's the result:

Video teaching to do the following:

Thank you for reading this far, sorry for my horrible English.
credits:
VodikaTM

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're loading a custom DLL, which most pserver clients do, you can just use SetWindowText:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think unnecessary hook a DLL only to change the .exe window and you can directly change the memory.

Most pservers already use a custom DLL for their clients. I didn't say you should add one only to change the window caption. That would be silly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Changing cabal window title with dll sounds like a good idea, cause you could basically change it's name to every random set of characters every time when game starts, many trainers are attaching to the cabal process, by finding it's window name.

Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Changing cabal window title with dll sounds like a good idea, cause you could basically change it's name to every random set of characters every time when game starts, many trainers are attaching to the cabal process, by finding it's window name.

Shugoz traner have an option to write manualy the process name to run the trainer. I was thinking about, make some fake process on which we will inject/hook orginal cabalmain. Im not sure if it will work, but i gonna try it later :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Shugoz traner have an option to write manualy the process name to run the trainer. I was thinking about, make some fake process on which we will inject/hook orginal cabalmain. Im not sure if it will work, but i gonna try it later :)
To do this? shugoz the trainer of the hook is made upon the hook of the x-trap. just check that the push was modified: X

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial but what softwar are you using to read the cabalmain ? Totaly nez on the section couldnt find out myself.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
why do i type out this kind of writing .........? how do i fix this text, i type in keyboard word but it comes out like this ?????? Untitled - Changing the name of the Cabal window - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back