Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to create a EP8 Cabal server Step by Step with Pictures

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
How to solve this error? help me :(

zIdSt5G - How to create a EP8 Cabal server Step by Step with Pictures - RaGEZONE Forums

don't need Linked Server on EP8 you can skip on it :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sir, i can't connect to Server: Mercury, Channel 1 what should I do, i try all your steps and everything was perfect, I was able to create an account, a character (all class) but I can't connect to that said Server/Channel, what are the possibilities that i cannot connect? thank you.

sir did you connect to Mercury: Channel 1 ? may i ask how to fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anybody can help me set up my localhost cabal :)? im newbie and things are though to me, this guide is useful, i manage to create database in SQL 2008 r2,install CentOS in OVM now my problem is i can't find my CentOS ip .
LOGS :
Link encap: Local Loopbackinet addr:127.0.0.1 Maskk:255.0.0.0inet6 addr:1/28 Scope:HostUP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0TX packkets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0collisions:0 txqueelen:0RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
anybody can help me set up my localhost cabal :)? im newbie and things are though to me, this guide is useful, i manage to create database in SQL 2008 r2,install CentOS in OVM now my problem is i can't find my CentOS ip .
LOGS :
Link encap: Local Loopbackinet addr:127.0.0.1 Maskk:255.0.0.0inet6 addr:1/28 Scope:HostUP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0TX packkets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0collisions:0 txqueelen:0RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

1. Open CentOS and log in to root, open terminal from Accessories > Applications section.
2. Type in "ifconfig" copy the inet addr: ###.##.#.### down. Thats your centos ip.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio_OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D5140C1-7436-11CE-8034-00AA006009FA}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). (Microsoft.VisualStudio_OLE.Interop)
I get this error when I try to expand the databasses section or the backup devices. also when adding a backup device I navigate to where the .bak files are at and try to add them but it just keeps saying "executing" and it never finishes and adds. is there any fix to this? I'm running windows 7. version of mysql is 2008 R2 "10.50.1600.1"

any help for these 2 issues?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys I'm getting this error

"./cabal_install.sh" no such file or directory....

cant find the file anywhere and tried several different commands, wont work..help pls

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
guys I'm getting this error

"./cabal_install.sh" no such file or directory....

cant find the file anywhere and tried several different commands, wont work..help pls

paste the Toast Repack on your /root folder

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help, please!!!
Hi, guys! Help me, please! At start of the client, the error appears. I have a When editing hosts to appear the xTrap error 146 :с:$:
P.S. Forgive for my English ;D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The people have such a problem! After a successful installation of the server after some time, such an error flies. What to do about it? Pereprobyval all that I found! Only reinstalling helps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have this errors in putty. And same on yum update.
How to slowe?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys
first of all, thank you for this tutorial and the whole thread. I have fixed my problems by back-reading thru all the posts here.
Fixed:
Cannot install Database engine services - fixed - Computer name and windows login name must not be the same
Server connection test in MSSQL - fixed by enabling TCP/IP in login options
Cannot run ifconfig - fixed by logging in using root
Cannot connect or ping google - fixed by changing the options inside CentOS

However I am having a problem which I cannot fix. Please see below:
Current Problem:
yum update is giving me the "YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http or file"
I have verified that I can connect to the internet
Im just wondering if its the CentOS version thats causing this problem. (using CentOS 5.2)
Any ideas? Thanks in advanced

EDIT:
After a few minutes of added research, it seems that I need to edit the "/etc/yum.repos.d/Centos-Base.repo" file and point it the correct locations found here
and here
cant wait to get home to try them out .. will post results later

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, i've already tried to start each one of them but it stops. somebody help me please?
LordAres - How to create a EP8 Cabal server Step by Step with Pictures - RaGEZONE Forums

SS:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i've already tried to start each one of them but it stops. somebody help me please?
LordAres - How to create a EP8 Cabal server Step by Step with Pictures - RaGEZONE Forums

SS:

disable firewall of your sql server or whitelist 1433 tcp port..you should check centos db log..Im almost sure your server cant connect to the database.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do i need to install special packaged to linux or only server and server gui ?
can it be done on VitrualBox instead of VMware?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Insers I think this tutorial suggested VirtualBox instead of VMware. Since all you do is setting up a virtual server both should be working fine, if you can manage the network settings.

Got a question myself. Setting up the server and database worked fine. So does starting the server (service cabal start). Same with the ep8 all in one package from the other tutorial. I keep having problems with the client start up though. Added xtrap to host files and running the start-cabal.bat as admin solved a kernel issue. IPs in the internal.txt should be correct.
Whenever is run the start-cabal.bat xtrap starts and thats it. Client is not starting at all. Tried several cabalmain.exe already.

Could anyone atleast give me a hint where to search next?

Back