Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to edit droprates correctly (aka MF/PF drop fix)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok... and Rates like for example, 16.00000000000000000 are extreme DropRates?
The last thing that i need to know ^^"

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No this is definitely not balanced. The default drops are balanced as they should be and doing what i have done here imbalances it a lot as MF becomes a complete dropfest. This is really just to show how to edit drops and for those people who want the higher maps to drop like crazy as many people don't care about balance at all.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
halo...
may i knw izzit work for cabalsea???
coz i dun where to paste the file that u upload....
anyway thks for ur info......:thumbup::thumbup:

Reaction score
[Multiple] All_M PC_M Free_P FreePC_P Premium_P PremiumPC_P Remark
0 7500 7500 0 0 0 0 EXP
1 7500 7500 0 0 0 0 SKILL EXP
2 7500 7500 0 0 0 0 CRAFT EXP?
3 .99000190000000000 .99000190000000000 0 0 0 0 DROP RATE
4 .99000190000000000 .99000190000000000 0 0 0 0 ALZ BOMB
5 .99000190000000000 .99000190000000000 0 0 0 0 ALZ AMOUNT

do i need to replace the 0 with 99000190000000000

sir cypher can you upload your .scp so i can compare mine thank you

but sir can you give me a sample only please

How do I configure a drop to make it difficult?
high rates
medium rates????

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Chumpy I tried to use this method but it never drops forcium for Wiz and BL what shall I do to make it drop those stuffs? What code shall I add so that MF and PF drops forcium for Wiz and BL? Ty in adv..

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but sir can you give me a sample only please

How do I configure a drop to make it difficult?
high rates
medium rates????
This is only possible using the hardcore channel method as you have to have a different set of files for high, med and low rates.
Chumpy I tried to use this method but it never drops forcium for Wiz and BL what shall I do to make it drop those stuffs? What code shall I add so that MF and PF drops forcium for Wiz and BL? Ty in adv..
The method i posted here definitely works for WI as my main char in official (and therefore also my server) is a WI. Check the screenie i posted (though he has a different name in official). The drops are the same for all chars and you can't set drops for just some types of chars.

The thing that people always seem to forget when editing rates is the min and max column. Those columns define what levels the items will drop and if the char is below the min or above the max the item cannot drop.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi sir chumpy, I'm quite new to this but this just looks amazing, and I'm highly grateful that you posted this.
However I've got a question though.

Open /etc/cabal/Data/Data_World/world9-terrain.scp and find this section:

how can I do that, I can't find that directory, is there a program I need and do I need some kind of patch for the codes you've posted to work ?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The directory is on centos. You don't need anything extra as all you are doing is editing the existing data.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could you please tell me what centos is? I'd appreciate it very much if you could provide me some more details sir chumpy.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Centos (Community ENTerprise Operating System) is the version of linux that the cabal server likes best. It is what is in your vmware image running cabal.

Reaction score
sir what is the code to add for drops of mithrill helms and boots becuase you dont added it. help sir did you put opt in your drop of mithrill boxes

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can you email me this file , where to paste , i want to copy and paste the file , i dont know how to use it and where to place .
i only see DATA/map/world_09.mcl
is that the file i need to change to change the drop rate in that place ?
im not the administrator of the game , im only a player i want to change the drop rate , because its so hard to find that item.
then i saw this thread .
i want to paste file to cabal im playing so i can loot forcium box at mutant forest .
but i dont know how .
please send to my email address the exact file , exact file name , exact location to paste .
here is my email address monthcome@yahoo.com

tnx alot , hope yoou will help me

i want items i can get at mutant forest is for all characters and not only for wizard .
i want forcium for all class , i want to get that item at mutant forest ..
please help me send the file to me .
i really need it :(

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
ok so as i was telling you noobs that this only works for YOUR SERVER! you will make it work untill you change the server files that you cannot access it if you don`t own the server right.

ps: all offtopic posts will be deleted so please do not comment this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tks dud
its a greating job

but I only have a problem, all mob drop 2 items, is not diminishing it? reduce the chance?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If the server is set to drop 2 items then all mobs will do so. There is no way of setting some mobs to drop more items than others as far as i know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe a dumb question lol

i've been messing a bit with the file's but i cant seem to figure out how to let crafted (slotted) items drop i've been looking at the code this morning and see that the most off the gear is listed twice
one high drop rate and one low ive changed it arround but drops are still the same

ive setup your mf file and see that there drops crafted items with slot (amp) but cant seem to find how to do it

sure it wil be a simple awnser but at the moment i'm stuck lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
found it its in the itempool :D i just changed it to 13 it come's out crafted with a slot filled with amp
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
thx
Pascal

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
guide not working for me ... e.t.c. ... Cant run WorldSvr after editing drop rates (only on world 1 tryed to edit ;@ ) chumpy guide suck! More info please

Back