Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Install XAMPP 1.7.7 with stable MSSQL for PHP - Perfect for CabalToolz.

Reaction score
Hello,

In this tutorial I will teach you how to properly install XAMPP 1.7.7 and enable proper MSSQL support as php_mssql.dll is severely unstable. This combination is perfect for CabalToolz 4!

[*]Requirements
1. XAMPP 1.7.7 Installer -
2. VC9 -
3. php_dblib.dll -

[*]Installation
1. Install VC9 - it is required by PHP
2. Start the XAMPP 1.7.7 installer and follow the installation process.
3. Navigate to C:\XAMPP\PHP\PHP.INI and open it, then search for php_mssql.dll and make sure that you have it commented (it has to look like this ;extension=php_mssql.dll) - this means that php_mssql.dll is disabled. Below it, write this: extension=php_dblib.dll (It must be extension=php_dblib.dll without a ;) - This enables the php_dblib module
4. Navigate to C:\XAMPP\PHP\EXT and copy the php_dblib.dll there
5. Search for php_curl.dll in the PHP.INI and uncomment it (it looks like ;php_curl.dll it has to be php_curl.dll)
6. Now your XAMPP setup is complete
7. Make a file in C:\ named freetds.conf and paste this in it (modify if it differs for you)
Code:
[global]
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 1433
client charset = UTF-8
tds version = 8.0
text size = 20971520

CabalToolz as a system itself indeed is very secure, the coding uses prepared statements, and john_d also made a custom escape string on the only two inputs out there (the logins - both main site and backend)
Although, for XAMPP you will have to do something things. Don't enable filezilla without deleting the default two accounts and please make sure to forbid access to your C:\XAMPP\HTDOCS\XAMPP folder or remove it entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
...Nice...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi I follow your steps but why I can't login...it's just Login Initialed Communicating with Server.Please Wait a few seconds then nothing....can u make a video tutorial on configuring XAMPP and CabalToolz,,,plsssss :*: TNX...

You are doing something wrong, this setup works perfectly.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
...Nice...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nope I didn't do something wrong on your setup but I think I do something wrong in CabalToolz,so can you plssss give me a full guide or a video tutorial on how to config the CabalToolz... :D:

P.S. BTW How can my friends connect to my website?

Use the CT 4 that Acnathon released. You need to open port 80 for your friends to connect to it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
...Works!...

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
can i use xampp 1.7.1?tnx..
Yes u can... just follow this 3 easy steps

1. Navigate to C:\XAMPP\PHP\PHP.INI and open it, then search for php_mssql.dll and if it is commented then uncomment it (it has to be look like this ;extension=php_mssql.dll to
be extension=php_mssql.php)
Search for php_curl.dll in the PHP.INI and uncomment it (it looks like ;php_curl.dll it has to be php_curl.dll)
3. Now your XAMPP setup is complete

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes u can... just follow this 3 easy steps

1. Navigate to C:\XAMPP\PHP\PHP.INI and open it, then search for php_mssql.dll and if it is commented then uncomment it (it has to be look like this ;extension=php_mssql.dll to
be extension=php_mssql.php)
Search for php_curl.dll in the PHP.INI and uncomment it (it looks like ;php_curl.dll it has to be php_curl.dll)
3. Now your XAMPP setup is complete

i follow the step but then I can't register for a new account.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Notice: Undefined index: sbmtOk in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 344

My xampp because it keeps popping up?

Back