Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Video Guide] by Fix

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
VMWare crashes are usually down to setting the guest operating system to the wrong type. Under the virtual machine settings the guest OS type should be "red hat 4" for centos 4 and "red hat 5" for centos 5.

Windows 7 is barely out of beta and traditionally every Microsoft OS is utterly worthless before the first service pack and i wouldn't suggest using it. If you do you will probably have to install the Chinese PRC codepage (936) under the "regional and language" options in the control panel (wherever it in on Win7) as it probably isn't installed by default.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

can tell me what is this?
if succeeded why i cannot log in to my cabal!!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
recheck all ....
check the logs for first , check the all right MSSQL info , maybe somewhere you does not correct , ping from Centos to Windows and from Windows to Centos , and check IP's in internal.txt

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
help me I configured all the same video in class but when I try to connect to my server take reconnect what can be?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i installed win xp made the server when i try to connect i get this problem in vmware

maxgo1 - [Video Guide] by Fix - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You don't need to start the server because while Centos loads , it loading Cabal Server too , i think that error causes bcoz you turned on twice times the server -OR- You trying to log buth you can't log and while you turning off Cabal , turning off Centos too , lol i don't have that solutions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you start TR? (yes i've used the search button, but i still dont get it)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey guys my server is running but when i use skills for 1 or 2 min continuously the game exit automatically any solution? and i am using cabal us client RZ patch

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

After i have configured the Centos and Windows ip, i go to winscp but when i log on, i get error. u know how to solve this>>

thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem when restores the ACCOUNT DB.

With the other restoration any problem.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
People with DB restore problems, if the problem says something about Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file, then you need to click options on the first screen once you've done the rest of the restore process before you click the final ok, and edit the directory in the top two lines to point to your msmsql install location.

By default its C:\program files\ms sql server\mssql\data

for me, i had to change it to E:\program files\ms sql server\mssql\data.

hope this helps.

Also i installed everything perfectly but the last folder which you moved files from to the cabal directory, i do not have and i downloaded every link in the OP. - also i use automatic internet settings but my ip is 192.168.1.65, i want to use hamachi or set up my ip so friends can connect, how can i go about editing the ip settings as at the moment i have to swap settings to use the internet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello fix :) i whant to ask you sonething
it this cabal episode 3?:D
thx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

After i have configured the Centos and Windows ip, i go to winscp but when i log on, i get error. u know how to solve this>>

thx

Same here -.-
When I configured all the ip's etc,
I can't connect to the internet and I can't connect WinCsp -.-

Please Help !!

edit: my firewall is disabled...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tera please go to VmWare and check that you are indeed useing bridged networking,also check that the ip you assigned to CentOs isnt used alredy and if that doesnt help try Setting the network to assign IP automaticly by DHCP and tell us what happens ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm 100% new to this, I REALLY needed a full guide thanks! Even thought I will probably have a million problems XD

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

So can you play this one the real Cabal server? and will I lose my internet connection!?!? o_O

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm 100% new to this, I REALLY needed a full guide thanks! Even thought I will probably have a million problems XD

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

So can you play this one the real Cabal server? and will I lose my internet connection!?!? o_O

Uhm...if you need a full guide, use the search button, Fix made like 5 or 6 videos on how to do everything from A-Z regarding the "will i lose my internet connection?!" Say what ? o.o

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all:): i got problem at set up cabal server and many question ask:$:( (sry my bad english) Pls help me thanks:thumbup1:

1.my mssql 2000 i have already before learning set up cabal server. my mssql password not (cabalstart) this got probelm? or i nid changed password to cabalstart?

2.my windows lan ip is 192.168.1.2 (i am using router D-links 4 port.)and in centos ip i set ip: 192.168.1.3 is right?and vmnet1 and vmnet8 nid to disable it?

3.config my local connection like picture that correct? my ip is 192.168.1.2

when after i set ip in centos > after at localhost user login i stuck here:$: when i put user name root press enter> password : (i cannot key in any work or number) i miss any step? Pls Help me thanks:):

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Fix And Ragezone.

My problem is this:
I can't login on WinSCP when I put my IP 192.168.0.153 (which is also on CentOS) in WinCPS It gives me this error:

Network error: Connection time out

Can somebody help me please?

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That just means that there is no connectivity between windows and centos. There is no way that both windows and centos has 192.168.0.153 as 2 computer cannot have the same address so check the "ifconfig" command on centos again.

Back