Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Creating Your Own FTP Server for WindowsXP Users

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Code:
FOR WINDOWS XP USERS ONLY

1) Download Internet Information System 6.0 (IIS 6.0). If this one doesn't work for you, I'll find one that does, because I forgot where I downloaded mine, and it's probably not the same as this one here.

Code:
IIS 6.0 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73-B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=en

2) Go to Start->Control Panel. Double-click "Add or Remove Programs."

3) Look on the left panel. Press "Add/Remove Windows Components."

4) There should be a new pop-up, and it should have a scroll list in the middle. Find Internet Information Services, and double-click it until there's a new pop-up.

5) Another pop-up with a scroll list. Find "File Transfer Protocal (FTP) Service", and tick it. Press OK.

6) Tick "Internet Information Services (IIS)". Tick "Application Server". Press "Next >".

7) Forward port 21 UDP/TCP.

8) ANYTHING YOU WANT TO PUT IN YOUR FTP SERVER WILL GO TO THE FOLDER LOCATED AT C:\inetpub\ftproot

9) Rename your FTP server if you want. Go to your Administrative Tools, and double click internet information services (iis6) manager. A new window should pop-up, with an index on the left tab, and a results box on the right. Look at the index tab and keep expanding it until you reach the FTP sites folder. Open that folder up, and your FTP site should be in there. Rename it to your choosing.

-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-

For further use, AKA KOPanel and Launcher Patching working:

Credits to Me said:
1) Register. If you haven't, do so here:
2) Log in.
3) There should be some tabs at the top. Click Hosts/Redirects.
4) Press "Add a host"
5) Fill out the "Hostname Information" section. You can disregard Host Type, Assign to Group, and Wildcard. Just hostname and IP address then create that stuff.
6) Download dynamic update client (DUC). Find out which system you use:
7) Launch, install, whatever you need to do for it.
8) When you've successfully launched it, a new relatively small window should pop-up. At the top right, there's a button entitled "Edit." Press it.
9) Fill in your Account Information from No-IP.
10) If you did this all right, your hostname should appear under "Hosts." There's a checkbox next to it. Put a check on it.
11) If you did this all right, it should say like it's current and if you need any updates or none at all.

Credits to ceelen1 said:
Make the FTP Directory : C:\inetpub\ftproot

Download xampp:
And install all components except Mercury.

Launcher xampp Control Panel located in C:\xampp

Press Admin.
Connect to your server using the FileZilla FTP admin tool. Leave the IP 127.0.0.1 and the Port that was set there.
Make a new user.
Username: anonymous.
Password: Disabled/Blank.

Ok now we ofcourse want the launcher to extract the patches so go to Settings -> Filetransfer Compressions.
Now turn on MODE Z Support.
And turn off: Exclude IP ranges.
Ok that's it for the ftp server, now the important part is your Version.ini at the dir where loginserver is located.

Code:
[DOWNLOAD]
URL=myip
PATH=./

[ODBC]
DSN=KN_online
UID=*****
PWD=*****
TABLE=VERSION

[CONFIGURATION]
DEFAULT_PATH=C:\inetpub\ftproot

[SERVER_LIST]
COUNT=1
SERVER_00=myip
NAME_00=OneBlooDKO

your ini would be;

Code:
[DOWNLOAD]
URL=external ip <- http://whatismyip.com
PATH=./

[ODBC]
DSN=KN_online
UID=knight <- default
PWD=knight <- default
TABLE=VERSION

[CONFIGURATION]
DEFAULT_PATH=C:\inetpub\ftproot

[SERVER_LIST]
COUNT=1
SERVER_00=external ip <- http://whatismyip.com
NAME_00=Server Name

Ok now we start with the database part,
open up the table: VERSION.
and pase this inside:

Code:
Version   FileName                CompName(??)     Previous Version
1299      patch1299.zip         patch1299.zip               1298

TESTING:
When you make a patch, it is basically what you see in the client folder. Lets say you wanted to add a skill_magic_main_us.tbl. The only things in the patch would be Data\skill_magic_main_us.tbl (tbl in a Data folder). Then, you have to add a new server.ini with files=the new patch number.

If you did everything right in FileZilla FTP, the launcher should now download & extract your patches.

#3 Put your KO Panel files in C:\xampp\htdocs

#4 Configure your settings.php. Then, run XAMPP control panel. And run Filezilla, MySQL, and Apache. BAM! KO panel up

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Code:
FOR WINDOWS XP USERS ONLY
1) Download Internet Information System 6.0 (IIS 6.0). If this one doesn't work for you, I'll find one that does, because I forgot where I downloaded mine, and it's probably not the same as this one here.

Code:
IIS 6.0 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73-B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=en
2) Go to Start->Control Panel. Double-click "Add or Remove Programs."

3) Look on the left panel. Press "Add/Remove Windows Components."

4) There should be a new pop-up, and it should have a scroll list in the middle. Find Internet Information Services, and double-click it until there's a new pop-up.

5) Another pop-up with a scroll list. Find "File Transfer Protocal (FTP) Service", and tick it. Press OK.

6) Tick "Internet Information Services (IIS)". Tick "Application Server". Press "Next >".

7) Forward port 21 UDP/TCP.

8) ANYTHING YOU WANT TO PUT IN YOUR FTP SERVER WILL GO TO THE FOLDER LOCATED AT C:\inetpub\ftproot

9) Rename your FTP server if you want. Go to your Administrative Tools, and double click internet information services (iis6) manager. A new window should pop-up, with an index on the left tab, and a results box on the right. Look at the index tab and keep expanding it until you reach the FTP sites folder. Open that folder up, and your FTP site should be in there. Rename it to your choosing.

-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-

For further use, AKA KOPanel and Launcher Patching working:

#3 Put your KO Panel files in C:\xampp\htdocs

#4 Configure your settings.php. Then, run XAMPP control panel. And run Filezilla, MySQL, and Apache. BAM! KO panel up

Great guide omega btw,

no need to make a *server.ini* the launcher will automatically edit the server.ini to the new version.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is it the same process for vista users? or a bit different?, ity omega for the guide, if anyone knows how to do make FTP with vista share it pls.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
IIS 6.0 can work my Windows XP any ideas, it say win 2003/professional only

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ummm, i have this problem that i do not have any File "Transfer Protocal (FTP) Service"

this is all i have

OMEGAbuffer - Creating Your Own FTP Server for WindowsXP Users - RaGEZONE Forums

OMEGAbuffer - Creating Your Own FTP Server for WindowsXP Users - RaGEZONE Forums

and thats where i am stuck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can i host ftp on another computer and still have the launcher pick it up from that computer

like i have pc1 pc2
pc1 hosts game
pc2 hosts ftp

if so how would i set up the ftp? (the ftp pc is win xp)

Back