Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Customizing your NPC and shops

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok i didn't see a guide here on how to add stuff to shops or how to make your own shop.

First off select or make your NPC you want to use.

Using an existing NPC
Database Side
If you want to add an item to an existing NPC it is easier. All you have to do is go to your ITEM table via DB and find an item that is already in the NPC that you want to add an item to.

Go to the iSellingGroup of the item that is in the NPC you wish to place another item into and get those 3 numbers.

Now go to the item that you want to add to the NPC. Scroll over to its iSellingGroup and put those 3 numbers in it. Save it and your done with the DB part.

Client Side
Ok now that you are done with the DB it is time to edit the client. If you don't edit the client then the items will not be seen inside the game.

Open up Item_Org.tbl with a tbl editor. Find the items that you want to add to the NPC. Then scroll over to the iSellingGroup column and add the same 3 numbers that you did in the ITEM table via DB. Save the tbl and your done.

NOTE
iSellingGroup in the Item_Org.tbl is one of the last columns just look for the column that has 3 digit numbers in it.

Your client might use different Item_Org.tbl's such as Item_Org_us.tbl so make sure you edit the correct one or the items will not show up in game.

Adding Your Own NPC+Shop

It is almost the same thing except you have to make a NPC and place it where you want it.

Making The NPC

1. Go to K_NPC and find Sundries

2. Copy the Sundries row and scroll down to the bottom of the table and paste it.

3. Change the NPC ID to a custom one so it doesnt cause any problems in the DB. For example just change the last 3 digits in the NPC ID to 3 of your choice.

4. Now go to the iSellingGroup and change the last 3 digits to ones of your choice.

5. Save and close the table and your done in there. I will tell you how to change the look of the NPC and why i choose sundries.

Placing The NPC

1. Go to K_NPC and find sundries and write down his ID number.

2. Go to K_NPOS and look for the sundries ID number. Once you find it copy the row and paste it at the bottom.

3. Change the sundries NPC ID number from the table you just pasted to the ID number you made for your NPC (changing the last 3 digits like you did in K_NPC).

4. Change the zone number corresponding to what map you want it in. To find what zone number goes for what map refer to your Zone_Info table.

5. To place your NPC in a certain spot go in game and go to the spot where you want the NPC and write down the Coordinates. Then go back to the K_NPOS table and change the X,Y coordinates to the ones you just wrote down.

It should be like 395-400-395-400. At the moment i dont have a DB or SQL on my PC so i can't tell you the precise column names.

6. Save it and restart your server to see if the NPC is there. If you followed the guide right it should be.

Adding Items To Your NPC
You do it the same exact way as adding items to a current NPC but use the iSellingGroup number that you made for your own.

NOTES
I use sundries because he already is set up for a shop and he is already set up to work for both nations.

To change your NPC look just find the NPC you want it to look like in K_NPC and get the ID number in the 3 column (i think its the 3rd one). Then go to your NPC (it will always be at the bottom) and change the ID num in the 3rd column to the one of the NPC you want.

Don't forget to change your NPC name smile.gif

I havn't worked on KO in awhile actually and i do not even own a DB atm so i'm sorry if i left anything out or forgot anything. If i need to add or fix something just let me know.

Credits GoDofWaR AKA Budsmoker997

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok bud iv done all the steps and every time my NPC just walks around and goes right back to where the ORG npc is... even when i change all the "LeftX' "TopZ" "RightX" "BottomZ" "LimitMinX" "LimitMaxX" "LimitMinZ" "LimitMaxZ" to the same num... example 505,505,505,505.... is the path have something to do with it??? But when i set path to NULL she just walked to end of map...lol...plz help...i cant get my NPC to stay in one location

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok bud iv done all the steps and every time my NPC just walks around and goes right back to where the ORG npc is... even when i change all the "LeftX' "TopZ" "RightX" "BottomZ" "LimitMinX" "LimitMaxX" "LimitMinZ" "LimitMaxZ" to the same num... example 505,505,505,505.... is the path have something to do with it??? But when i set path to NULL she just walked to end of map...lol...plz help...i cant get my NPC to stay in one location

i have same problem,, how can fix this? plz:?:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried adding an item to NPC many freaking time but I failed.

Can you be more specific ?

Back