Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Noob guide for setting up ko server

T

Tannish

error after selecting server

I'm hoping someone may know what's happening/what I may have to change...

I followed the setup exactly (three times actually) I set an account, start the server up (with no obvious errors)
Ok, I start the client (again, no obvious errors)
I see the login, put in the user/pass, see my server

Now, as soon as I select the server to connect to it, I get "TestKo??????10049"

Any ideas/suggestions on what's wrong?

I know it's not the client at fault, because I can log into a friends server easily.

Also, the server/client are both on the same system, and using MSSQL sp3.

THX

T

Tannish

phonomania said:
put all IP = 127.0.0.1 in all .ini files

ugh...I feel like a n00b.....

THX phon. I wnet back and changed the IP's, and it let me right in. :O

I could have sworn I'd tried that already, and I may have, only there was another problem.....

........suffering from too little sleep, too much server crap......

[edit]
Ok, since that (idiotic) problem is fixed, and I can get in, anyone have any ideas why the monsters don't respawn, and why my char does 3000 dmg? Or is there a simple fix I overlooked on another thread?
[edit]
nvm Figured out what happened. Was using the wrong .exe's. Used newer ones and it solved the problem with dmg so high. Now if I can only get them to fight back......... :O
THX

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In this section of the manual I got lost on #5 What do you mean by that? And where are they located?

System DSN

1. Start Data Sources (ODBC) (Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Data
Sources (ODBC)), go to System DSN tab then click Add.

2. Select the SQL Server driver(bottom) and click Finish. Choose KN_online for
Name and your SQL Server for Server.

3. Choose sql server authentication -> connect to sql server to obtain settings
Use knight/knight as user

4. Change the default database to KN_online and click Next then Finish and OK.

5. Do the same for Knight_Account, knight, GameDB, AccountDB1, AccountDB.

I skipped #5 and went to Edit the ini files and I can't find the 2nd Server2.ini File Where is that located?

Thank you for your help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ODBC comes with windows XP pro or home
and about the 2nd server2.ini just ignore it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea, but in step #5 of it what do I need to do? Do I repeat it but change the KN_Online to Knight_Account and such?

Thank you for your reply

Reaction score
I have problem, i connected to server, when i create my first char, it's ok. but when i chose this char to play my client close with no reason ! What must I do ?

Reaction score
i get a error wen i try to run AiServer , Map Room Envent Load - .\MAP\elmorad_1212.smd and close the server , but i can login but dont appear the server browser .

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LordOfKaos said:
i get a error wen i try to run AiServer , Map Room Envent Load - .\MAP\elmorad_1212.smd and close the server , but i can login but dont appear the server browser .

Start enterprise manager
select your ko database, go to tables
then select the table ZONE_INFO
right click, open table, return all rows, then
change the RoomEvent to 0
now it should work. [credit akit]
(btw new db of akit dun need this change)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No se sifuera mucha molestia y ojala que mi comentario pueda ser tomado en cuenta, como veran mi idioma es el espa

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not if outside much annoyance and ojala which my commentary can be taken into account, as would veran my language is the Spanish and of ingles nose nothing, of little which I have understood when trying it to translate with a translator is at least that there is an alternating servant to be able to play the excellent Knight game online since in the official servant no longer we have access not to have points since now it is of payment and aqui in the Peru we are enough players of this game and lamentably no longer we have access; to which it went not if a pious soul can say to us in Castilian the steps to follow to use algun another servant or another solution, so that by the sight there are several things that there are to modify as Serak says to it. Waiting for my request it is taken into account and nonsingle they help me people to my but to many who as I we are fanaticos of this game. Kindly, Ruben Palaces [email]guardian_zv@hotmail.com Lima - Peru (excuse if the translation is pesima) :no:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
rubem lo q pasa con este juego q el servidor q hay pirata es muy nuevo y tiene muchos bugs, y muchas cosas no funcionan ademas la vercion es muy vieja asiq el cliente nesesario solo esta en thailandes y chino, yp mon te un servidor pero devido a q los clientes solo estan en esos idiomas no es muy bueno jugarlo, yo tengo ahora un server de mu online y pienso cambiarlo por el de knight online pero primero tiene q haber un servidor estable y q le funcione la mayoria de las cosas ademas de q saquen un traslate para el cliente por eso no hay muchos servers de este juego, para jugarlo en los pocos servers q hay solo tienes q bajarte la vercion del cliente q hay en este foro y poner el ip de el server en el archivo q esta en tu cliente server.cfg hay unos ips q los cambias y ya :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
rascao
como veras de ingles nose nada lo poco que entiendo es traduciendolo pero no es igual, por lo que me respondes me dices que hay un servidor para este juego pero que es una version antigua; no importa la cosa es de donde bajo el cliente estaba revisando el foro y no lo consegui o no me di cuenta; sino fuera mucha molestia me servirias indicarme el enlace para poder bajarlo y seria bacan lo que dices sobre que vas a poner un servidor para Knight Online; aca en Peru son varias las personas que estan al tanto de lo que respondas y si llevas a cabo el proyecto y si hay alguna forma de ayudar pasa la voz; sobre lo que dice en el foro
Serak de que hayque cambiar con el sql y da una serie de comandos como es eso y para que

Atentamente

Ruben P.

M

Mavro

Holas Peru =) en est4e link tenes TODO lo que necesitas

Reaction score
pb whit the monsters

hi... i have a question.... the game run but i don't have any monster or quest... why pls help..
thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u tell the requeriments to have an stable server.. i got:

Proces: Pentium 4 2.4
ram: 1gb ddr 400
mother: msi 800 dual channel hiper tradyng
hd: 120 gb seril ata
video: 256 ge force xfx 5200

ist this enougth?? plz tell let me know before make the server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
buenas panas e estado buscando y nada q encuentro la vercion en ingles de este juego y de verdad me gusta mucho por q el cliente es relativamente facil de bajar son solo 180 mb con todo y patch, por q los unicos q podrian ser bueno son lineage 2 y World of warcraft y de verdad con un cliente q pasa los 2 gb no es muy bueno, de verdad estoy esperando impaciente q salga una vercion en ingles o algo si nesesitan ayuda yo puedo prestarles mi ayuda pero de verdad q no se como hacerlo si me dan los programas para traducir el cleinte yo les digoq no lo hare en dos dias pero de lo q tradusco lo tradusco, chao suerte a todos y disculpen q posttee en castellano pero es mi lengua y el ingles solo lo leo y ni siquiera lo entiendo muy bien

Last edited:
Back