Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been feeling a bit mentally bored lately and was thinking about messing around with the WoKF files again for something to do.

Anyone even come here anymore? Was considering if I mess around with the files enough to maybe open up a public server as a casual hobby for funzies.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been feeling a bit mentally bored lately and was thinking about messing around with the WoKF files again for something to do.

Anyone even come here anymore? Was considering if I mess around with the files enough to maybe open up a public server as a casual hobby for funzies.

Yes still here , I still mess around with them too from time to time see what I can change or add. I know what you mean about being mentally bored. I would say open a public server, it couldn't hurt.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some Chinese files that contains buffs, items and possibly skills that aren't in the English version, the hard part is translating from Chinese to English to see what exactly they are.

Not really sure if I'd want to go with a more traditional official-like build(Like the old LoKF and PlayWoK servers were) or something much more custom and different(Such as adding/using new/different maps like Revolution or unique and different items and skill like Draconis).

I'd poll the people that might play but I don't know how I'd get any noticeable number of people to answer some questions.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I remember how customized and enjoyed Draconis was. Main issue was skill imbalances that could be fixed. Maybe I should revamp and rebuild that old server, see if people are interested.

Fix up skill issues, lower the exp rate a bit(it was very high), start out at like level 60 or 80 with a slower levelling pace to give time for updates to be more complete and less rushed(I remember patches on Draconis were literally weekly consistently, too much too fast).

If anyone sees this and knows some people who'd like to offer opinions and thoughts please direct them here, thanks. :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some Chinese files that contains buffs, items and possibly skills that aren't in the English version, the hard part is translating from Chinese to English to see what exactly they are.

Not really sure if I'd want to go with a more traditional official-like build(Like the old LoKF and PlayWoK servers were) or something much more custom and different(Such as adding/using new/different maps like Revolution or unique and different items and skill like Draconis).

I'd poll the people that might play but I don't know how I'd get any noticeable number of people to answer some questions.

I remember the chinese version. I believe it was called xKx. Still have the client back when I use to play on that server. I would totally go custom with your server, might get people interested in the game again but that's me.It would be a good idea to take a poll see what averages you get.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I have the xKx client, many skills are totally different in that client. Maps too. I'd poll people but I don't really know where to find most of them other than on existing servers and I don't think it would be polite to log onto those server and start asking their players about what they'd like to see on a new one.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like anyone is here but me and you Krimson. Any thoughts on how I might reach some potential players to poll for ideas?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like anyone is here but me and you Krimson. Any thoughts on how I might reach some potential players to poll for ideas?

I noticed that =X getting pretty lonely in here.Basically what I have done in the past was get a solid team together doesn't have to be big 2-3 people is a good start, make the server and customize it to how you want it then advertise the hell out of it. Next create a forum and link it to the game's website and run polls and a suggestion box, that was how I did it back in 2007, I'm pretty sure that would still be an effective way to attract players and Developers!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
any progress made?

I decided not to follow up on it. There is already an active server, there are very few players, the game itself is very old, outdated and has no real protection from bug exploitation or hacking and needs to be watched and tested for such constantly.

I decided it just wouldn't be worth the effort. Unless someone can show me evidence I'm wrong then I'll probably never revisit this game as a Dev/Admin. Sorry.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Closing this thread as the development has stopped. Feel free to PM me anytime if you wish to reopen your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back