Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Level 140 Tool

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just posting here to discuss a tool that I have.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
he just want to discuss about the tool,,it not hard to build the program,,it is just make injection to the zone.server.exe,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually it is not as easy as changing a value to raise level cap. It is much much harder than that. It's a weeks worth of work to make this tool and raise level cap.

If you do not do everything 100% correct, server will crash or not work.

It is by far the best thing ever made for wokf.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually it is not as easy as changing a value to raise level cap. It is much much harder than that. It's a weeks worth of work to make this tool and raise level cap.

If you do not do everything 100% correct, server will crash or not work.

It is by far the best thing ever made for wokf.

All hail SephX, of course...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Its quite alot of work raising the cap as he said. But everyting can be done with enough time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey heartseeker do you know if SephX will release his level upgrade tool for wokf?

Firstly, HeartSeeker is and has been for some time retired from the wokf forums, as his signature states.

And secondly SephX never had any plans to release this tool, he showed it solely so he could see people reply and think to himself "Oh I am just so awesome", because he's that kind of person, if you want 140 cap files you're either gonna have to make them yourself or find an Admin from the old Archon or Insane server who would be willing to part, knowing them as many do, that would not be done for free, or cheap.

Welcome to the greedy world of wokf lol.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Firstly, HeartSeeker is and has been for some time retired from the wokf forums, as his signature states.

And secondly SephX never had any plans to release this tool, he showed it solely so he could see people reply and think to himself "Oh I am just so awesome", because he's that kind of person, if you want 140 cap files you're either gonna have to make them yourself or find an Admin from the old Archon or Insane server who would be willing to part, knowing them as many do, that would not be done for free, or cheap.

Welcome to the greedy world of wokf lol.

I have been actively monitoring these forums even though I retired. It is like an old habit,I have forgotten almost everything I know about the files and I was never to code something either. Yet,I do want to recreate my guides for one last time,thanks to people still sending me private messages,offering me real money to teach them.
I am in this forum since 2007.but I know the forum since dunno? I was 12? I am atm 22 years old and till this time,my title was always the same
"I am here to help"
now,I will open a topic to ask for something..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi HeartSeeker can I borrow some of your time? I have a question. Do you know where I can get the level 140 cap files for wokf? I know your retired but I still cant find the cap files i currently have 120 cap, Or can you make a tut on how to edit your existing files to use 140 cap. I would deeply appreciate your help or anyone who helps. Remember when i posted that i was working on my 53 server? I was able to upgrade the server to 62 and now im looking to upgrading again.:thumbup1::thumbup1::laugh:

Hi HeartSeeker can I borrow some of your time? I have a question. Do you know where I can get the level 140 cap files for wokf? I know your retired but I still cant find the cap files i currently have 120 cap, Or can you make a tut on how to edit your existing files to use 140 cap. I would deeply appreciate your help or anyone who helps. Remember when i posted that i was working on my 53 server? I was able to upgrade the server to 62 and now im looking to upgrading again. :w00t:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi HeartSeeker can I borrow some of your time? I have a question. Do you know where I can get the level 140 cap files for wokf? I know your retired but I still cant find the cap files i currently have 120 cap, Or can you make a tut on how to edit your existing files to use 140 cap. I would deeply appreciate your help or anyone who helps. Remember when i posted that i was working on my 53 server? I was able to upgrade the server to 62 and now im looking to upgrading again.:thumbup1::thumbup1::laugh:

Sadly,no. I have searched for it but I couldn't find it anywhere. I feel awful that I forgot lots of stuff but I am prety sure that I never knew how to raise stuff like cap,buff times ...

HeartSeeker

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Raising the level cap requires not only editing the .csv files for the exp table within the client & attrib folder(the ones named "playeratt_" followed by the class names, these contain data on how much exp per lvl, what stat gains and how much etc.. if you compare the ones in the .67 files with say, mayhems client ones you'll see what I mean) but also modifying the actual code of zoneserver.exe, which can be done many ways, likely best with a reverse engineering program such as IDA pro and a debugger such as ollydbg.

I don't now the exact way to modify the code to raise the cap without causing bugs but I do know where within the 1.0.67 zoneserver.exe that is supplied in heartseekers guide the level cap subroutine is.

You can find the beginning of the subroutine at offset 0011F620 and the beginning of the section of code that reads the .csv exp and stat tables within that routine at offset 00AF741.
Good luck if you try and I hope you have some knowledge of at least assembler code and you will likely have some serious studying to do, and once you find the way to recode you'll likely need to make an injector program using a C based language like C++ or C# to modify the exe.
You could also try getting in contact with either SephX or FairX aka Enigma for tips or advice as they both have experience with raising the cap(SephX did the coding alongside Edenost for the original 140 for LoKF and Enigma did it I believe for Insane Gamers WoKF).

P.S. I did have plans to write some detailed guides on here to do with editing items, buffs, the crafting table(tagcompose) and other things but my personal life doesn't allow it at the moment, however once it does I'll be sure to make some posts.

:EDIT: one issue I noticed within the zone server that may need addressing to raise the level cap is the number at offset 00AF747(hex 79 which in decimal is 121, the level cap as read by the 120 files) seems to tell the routine how many times to go through the stat table(as in how many levels to read, which you would want to be 140 or whatever level you want), it looks to me to be stored by the process as what is called a signed 8-bit integer, which means it is only 1 byte and signed, a signed single byte can only be read as a decimal number with a max value of 126(or 127) and trying to make it higher than that(making it 8F or more in hex) will result in a negative number instead of increasing it further, so as well as other things I am assuming you would need to somehow make that section either read as unsigned(giving it a new max value of 254 or 255) or add an additional byte and tell it to be read as a 16-bit integer(max value of 32,766 or 32,767) .

Last edited:
Back