Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

silkroad gameplay logistics

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
first thanks for your attention

since i dont have any programmer skills
i want to contribute to the community with
logistics about gameplay to revive
the fun in silkroad online

these are the statements i follow to make the
changes

1.-use the data available in current free server files
2.- play 2 win
3.- recognize the effort from players
4.- all players have to be even at the end game so the one who will be the best team/guild/player
have to be only because playstyle, strategy and teamplay

first idea and justification.
your likes will tell me if the community likes my ideas or not

game start, starter items, starter stats, leveling curve start
starter gameplay, solo game play, group gameplay

changes goals:
give a sense of self-sufficient to the player in a economic also leveling way
(this avoid asking the gm for any help)
make useful the group play
make more reliable play for items than leave the bot afk farming them
revive current events

since the early gameplay is the presentation card of your game
this is the most important and sometimes the less focused
part of the game.

silk starter items
the silk items at the start of the game can make the player
used to use this items making the idea of spend money in them later on more reliable

item mall dead items
there are items in the item mall that no one buy since
they are not useful enough to look reasonable to invest money in them
this items are:

arrows, pots, 1 to 10 degree immortals and astrals,
resurrection scrolls,self transport summon scroll, etc etc

to avoid character or account creation only for farm this items
they should be given by quest in the levels they need it

starter items suggestions
silver premium with no enchanting extra luck
only with extra luck for stones
damage reduce
damage increase
exp increase
sps increase
3 ress scrolls and 3 teleport scrolls by day
str int increase
and
str int increase scrolls
hp mp increase scrolls
speed scrolls
ress scrolls
hp mp arrow item mall pack
repair scrolls
attack pet grey wolf (to make then familiar with pet use)
movement pet summon scroll with speed increased

dead degrees
the dead degrees are the degrees that are so low that the rare items are almost trash since
they aren't useful to the late game and you pass to fast the level of this items.
they
are not a treat to the last levels, they are not a thing to get happy if dropped
so how we turn this around to make it fun ?

remove normal sos, moon items, gold and alchemy materials(stones, tablets and elixirs)
from normal mobs to avoid bot farmers. sun drop rate is increased in giants, party giants
uniques and special mobs.
normal mobs also drop sun items in a good rate but not to much

special mobs
the mobs from capture the flag and other events

make a quest and special mobs with a good reward of gold exp sps. this gold have to be
enough for the player that he can buy full gear and weapon from npc in a fast way but not instant
work for your things always makes love your things more than in easy give away

npc sells from 1 to 9 degree armor/weapon moon with stats but no blues
npc sells sos items 10 degree
npc sells from 1 to 10 degree magic attribute stones even immortal and astral
npc sells all kind of elixirs

players can get fun by getting gear and try crazy alchemy since the items are is from a dead degree
also it helps to the player to be enough strong to deal with unique mobs
a way to have fun can be born in a contest of who have the lvl 1 weapon with more plus in the server

the only way to get gold in game is from quest, uniques, special mobs and job
the rate have to be something like
1 unique kill = 4h of afk boting
1 capture the flag atended= 2h of boting
so the casual and hardcore players can get in even conditions faster
for example
1 capture de flag loot
15 wep elix 20 armor 20 shield some milions 5 str stones 0% and more
so to make 1 full blue full stats weapon you have to be in 4 events

make quest who give unique scrolls as rewards for new players
dead degree uniques hp have to be decreeased
being 40 minutes using the same 3 skills is not fun
dead degree uniques gives great loot of sun items stones gold exp sps

this is part 1 if you like it let me know part 2 will be about new global goals for players
starting stats , leveling curve, starter gameplay, solo and group gameplay

Reaction score
I like the way you talk ( sounds good )
but on sro community you have 2 kind of player mind
1st mind is lazy player who like to get everything as fast as he can to play pvp he only like it and after few weeks maybe few days he got bored and blame server owner because nothing new
2nd mind is smarter he's ready to play a hardcore mode so he want hard server with hard rates to work hard ( play 2 win ) and i like this but this kind of servers wont gain money for server owner so it will be closed on few weeks and the problem not on server the problem is all sro players now like the 1st mind who look for easy servers

Hope you got my point :): , btw i don't play sro for 3 years ago but i saw and worked on alot of servers and almost they fall on the same problems
Regards

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thanks for borrow me your time by reading my ideas

i think there are no free players in silkroad when it is even a free game and this is how i think it is:

putting all items in npc will make no one have any immortal for "free" as blue in the drop

so the free player farm something who sells and buy from a pay player (who doesn't mind spending because he works hard to give himself everything he wants or he is rich 1 dollar is nothing to him whatever) a immortal stone

so the free player can get even with the player who pays and the player who pays skips that farm for 1 dollar

when the fight each other they both have fun so the free player is the ultimate fun thing that we offer to the player who pays because there are no artificial inteligence who is that smart in pvp like a human so the free player is not a free player in this situation is working for the server.

in conclusion you have to give small " metas " as achievements and we cant program something new because it will be very hard so we give current events to different player circumstances
for example

if capture the flag event is a way to get alchemy materials. all players who are in capture the flag are in process to upgrade their gear so they player they encounter are in even conditions making it fair

and we have to apply this process to job, pve, fortress,battle arena,

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks for borrow me your time by reading my ideas

i think there are no free players in silkroad when it is even a free game and this is how i think it is:

putting all items in npc will make no one have any immortal for "free" as blue in the drop

so the free player farm something who sells and buy from a pay player (who doesn't mind spending because he works hard to give himself everything he wants or he is rich 1 dollar is nothing to him whatever) a immortal stone

so the free player can get even with the player who pays and the player who pays skips that farm for 1 dollar

when the fight each other they both have fun so the free player is the ultimate fun thing that we offer to the player who pays because there are no artificial inteligence who is that smart in pvp like a human so the free player is not a free player in this situation is working for the server.

in conclusion you have to give small " metas " as achievements and we cant program something new because it will be very hard so we give current events to different player circumstances
for example

if capture the flag event is a way to get alchemy materials. all players who are in capture the flag are in process to upgrade their gear so they player they encounter are in even conditions making it fair

and we have to apply this process to job, pve, fortress,battle arena,

i like the idea of making materials on CTF , Arena , Fortress and job to force player to work to enhance his equips
else not people like to pay but while he playing he will like to pay for something important , what ever...
good luck and thanks for ur attention :):

Reaction score
Yeah he's got some pretty good idea's, some might be possible others you may need an emulator or the source to pull off. One thing i'd love to do but I know its not possible without the source or an emulator is to duplicate the "Player Bot System" like on some World of Warcraft emulators that have player bots that leveling/powerleveling/jobbing or whatever you might want/need that you can give commands via Private messages.

Main thing id be interested with would be Jobbing npc player bots, that could make jobbing alot more fun and interesting :)

#Thread Moved to Silkroad General Section.

Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
Exactly. The point mentioned as before:
Either b*tcha** lazy people want everything on their easiest purpose (e.g. Shops fullfilled with SUN only, immediately D1 to DXX ingame shop for even regular stock gold prices)
and the other "getting the job done right!", type.

This won't really work with Silkroad, anymore. People are so selfish, turned into freaking spoiled brats, that you cannot simply satisfy each "faction".

On other games, you might able to do so. Example, Blade & Soul or even Black Desert pservers (barely working, more a prototype test phase then a pserver, based on java emulation and co.) do have their own "rules".
The russian BnS for instance has a ridiculous low currency rate. We, silkroad gamers, do buy equipment parts for 10k gold, gaining on low rates round about 79 - 150 gold (tigers, chakji, etc.), selling stuff for round about the 25% or 50% as a cut off.
The mentioned Blade & Soul version ... weapons do have their original prices from the Closed Beta stage (weapons for silver / gold prices) of the origin servers, but the sell rate for items, gain rate for "gold/silver/copper" ... 1 copper for each Ducking item you find. No matter what the usual original game would handle the currency for that item, you will always sell everything for 1 copper.

And guess what, it works!
Why? Because NCSoft. NCSoft developes fee-based games. Look for Lineage2, (failed) Aion (now free2play), Guild Wars series, and so on.
The pservers, I might be wrong, but there are only 4 so far?
Russian, chinese, taiwan and another one. All inofficial, Closed Beta state (not the pay-to-play state, which means ingame shop should be removed).

So, if you want to make a great game - take a brand new game, or at least not as corrupted as Silkroad got via joymax's "Anti Botting Policy", lol, and start over making yourself a simple pserver based on java/mysql binary.

Back