Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why Sro Community is dying ?

Why Sro Community is dying ?

• Too many newbies nowadays

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Mostly using old Vsro files

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Old systems are Neglected

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • DDos every where :D

Votes: 19 23.8%

• Total voters
(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
I saw that sro community is dying nowadays. :/
so i'm asking why it is ?

p.s : i noticed early that private servers are getting ddos so hard despite
another rpg games aren't. Raging enuff ?

Last edited:
Reactions: DLL
Reaction score
Most servers are using the public released files of 1.188 or 1.193, and also get DDOSED, Bad management, Bad teams.

To be honest if there was to be more releases of files I can see alot of people coming back and developing new stuff on the newer files (Including myself). If Witchy Moo was still active im sure she would team with me again to release some nice stuff for you guys.

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
I agree with you.
I left sro community for 5 months, and i would be interested in working on new files
not like old vsro shiz.

kaju
Reaction score
what i saw before to leave community was player get bored fast no mater what system you add they will become bored after they make lvl cap.
they all time find a reason like alchemy,unique, gm/staff corrupted etc.

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
i think you forgot about releasing other srv shits to public that's make all servers looks the same :)

True Story, i saw too many dump people became heroes in one day. :/ :v

what i saw before to leave community was player get bored fast no mater what system you add they will become bored after they make lvl cap.
they all time find a reason like alchemy,unique, gm/staff corrupted etc.
you're right..
I would like to work on Chinese server files with low rates, i think it would be so interesting for the players.

Reaction score
Honestly, we need to get some people together off here to have been sharing to the community and helping people with files. And i dont mean working on the public ones either thats a waste of time.

I'm not 100% on what files people have that aren't released to the public but any files other than the vSRO ones would suit me for developing new stuff on. One of the biggest barriers preventing me from working on any server publicly and updating stuff requires quite a good upload speed but living in Australia and not having NBN (fibre optic) prevents me from uploading files I have or would need to share.

If anyone is interested in working on some stuff for some unreleased files im interested in knowing which ones you have and what you've worked on with them. Don't get on these forums as much as i'd like to anymore because there's always the same posts everyday.

BadFist This is mine..

NourAyman - Why Sro Community is dying ? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
HERE IS A STRAIGHT ANSWER FOR YOU:

SRO players community is dying cuas:
-Bad server managment / Corruption
-Servers stability issues.
-So many servers so players switch between each instantly.
-They get bored quickly.

SRO development community is dying cuas:
-Most are not capable of what you call "out of the box" thinking / not professional / not even talking about simple, basic programming languages skills.
-Even those who are good in developing/leaking/editting/understanding of structures etc.. sro related stuff, keep theyre stuff to themselves, not sharing them(obviously).
-The market is being less and less lucrative.
-some efforts just not worth the time and goal.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You forgot to add... players. This are a bunch of crap, worst then server management or ddos or w/e.
Everyone is bored also, a 10 years game can't be something you could play it again and again.

Retired
Reaction score
And get the fact, that players didn't even dare to support "Legend of Silkroad". Guess what? JC has canceled that game XDDDDD
No Silkroad 2 for you guys!

I am so happy to read this. I know that Joymax was corrupt, obviously was logging in Slotholders (it was on Venus, every single house door/gate was filled with lots of random named characters) , and the fun fact was, right after a schedule, those were the first ones being online in the server!
Same goes about the goldbot companies. Joymax took their slice from it for sure.

They do deserve it that Joymax's lovely Cash-Cow keeps dying and the new game made by a chinese company "JC something" loses attention, oh well, lost the whole attention and support sides of the player/consumer, that it is well deserved for both factions of the greedy company and newbish company.

It's just about time when Joymax either settles down their servers too, or just might to think about the new races update (arabian and islam), but since they didn't improved their game significantly content based (not only adding crappy clone items, like few are doing here...), they are probably only milking the last few liquids out of their Cow.

Silkroad, your history and your game are pretty dead :D

kaju
Reaction score
@blapanda i played on venus server. and as i know jc planet are with joymax as i remember on beta test downloader was from joymax...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Because steal developers material , we share free material and living on websites selling them as profit service.

Retired
Reaction score
Updating:
Didn't I mentioned that Joymax must take action of their Legend of Silkroad fail?
Guess what: They are implementing the arabian update xDDDD

Oh geez, Joymax is so Ducking predictable.
Besides of the same crappy content, same crappy mobs, same crappy skills, they are doing nothing new to the SRO community (official and private).
Instead, they are giving a ready to use database part for the newbs out there, whom wasn't able to Ducking implement those till yet - lol "developers", just saying.

They ain't really smart. The better step would have been implementing a new race to it. Or even adding the lv 126 - 130 area (east of baghdad, easy to get over there, you will see a wide open entrance area to the gate area. I will check that on their files, if they even changed those map regions (made it wider, or even completed the track outside, etc.).), or well, just not Ducking suck on this developing.

Meh. I will check the map files, otherwise, silkroad is still dead for me.

Retired
Reaction score
Adding Islam race will begin a new journey.
That would be the fact for iSRO and such, not for pservers.

No one will be able to add the islamic race to the current leaked files.
It needs a bunch of new hardcoded scripts into the sro_client and server executables, which is impossible for us, because no one has the C++ Sourcecode of this game.

Reaction score
That would be the fact for iSRO and such, not for pservers.

No one will be able to add the islamic race to the current leaked files.
It needs a bunch of new hardcoded scripts into the sro_client and server executables, which is impossible for us, because no one has the C++ Sourcecode of this game.
It's just a fantasy.

Retired
Reaction score
Well, if the people here would know how to properly code with <ctime>, <random>, <SDL> and others, they would be able to program their own RPG.
For advanced stuff, sure, MSSQL headers and class knowledge required.

Other than that, people who know that might be able backward debugging the client and adding those scripts somehow to the sourcecode.
Hint: codecaving won't help here. Tried it already.

Back