Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] [Hot] New RF Online Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
UPDATE May 1st, 2015

We're making great progress so far. A lot of the work has been discussion, but we've come up with a lot of great ideas to help improve the private server experience overall. We are also working on a lot of new tools for server owners to greatly simplify managing a server.

Here is what I can post so far:

We are using the 2.2.3 server files as a base. These are the most up to date files we have before the client data structure was changed. The 2.2.3.2 client files are unnecessarily complex when it comes to modifying things with the ND dat files. The latest OFFICIAL client for 2.2.3 we could find is being used as our base client. Many optimizations are being made to both the client and server files to improve stability, performance, and ease of use. Overall, this project will help people who are completely new to RF easily jump in to the game to run their own server.

More information will be posted soon. Thanks for the support from everyone so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post:

Hey guys, long time no see. I'm personally annoyed with what this community has become and am looking to revive things once again. I want to do this via a new server. Whether or not the server is successful is irrelevant. I just want a platform to deploy changes through for testing.

To clarify, this includes the following:

* Retail-based server configuration. No custom items, monsters, maps, or other changes.
* As many bugs fixed as possible with custom fixes to prevent what I would consider as exploits (dupes, auction house, cheating archon voting, etc)
* Custom website control panel.
* Custom launcher with fully featured updating system

As this is developed, everything will be released here. No licenses, no charges for software. All free. The server itself would be a project for what remains of this development community. It will need multiple people working together for this to work. I mainly need someone who can work directly with the RF files. The rest I will be coding myself. I may bring one or two people on to assist with working on other parts of the project once we get going.

So, anyone interested? If so, add me on Skype or discuss below. My skype is ron-kh

Spikey Xcct Killerwoody Agony

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Getting back in to RF, one final time.

busman left the scene im down i added u on skype and killerwoody ur still here? lol

Reaction score

well, i would recommended to take a look with the crash problem first, since as far as i know, there's so much method to crash server with WPE which i don't know how it work either @@
and i would recommended you to contact magenik, since he's opened up a server,
aren't sure how/what method are you going to use to fix the problem,
and if it's possible, svn might be better :D:
who know i can help, but it seem i'm not trusted for you in the first place...

Reaction score

You're more than welcome, didn't mean to exclude you. Just listed names off the top of my head.

Feel free to add me to discuss - ron-kh

As far as I know, magenik left RF again, didn't he?

Reaction score

You're more than welcome, didn't mean to exclude you. Just listed names off the top of my head.

Feel free to add me to discuss - ron-kh

As far as I know, magenik left RF again, didn't he?
nope, he leave the forum (sometimes coming tho')
but he open up the server, but he have more than 1 server, and if i'm not wrong he is working on aion emulator at the moment, you could contact him on skype tho'.
ok i'll add you

Reaction score

nope, i'm not upset at all in the first place :D:
oh, also, msd18 is universegaming now...
btw, if i'm not online on skype, you could message me on the forum :D:
my skype cost a lot of memory, so i rarely open it :p:
but if there's a discussion matter, i can be online all the time tho'

Reaction score

We've got some good progress already and this idea is only 7 hours old. We've got 5 members total in the group so far working together on this.

Going to be more strict about who we let contribute now that the ball is rolling. Please reply here if you're interested in helping out, and mention specifically what you could bring to the team.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am out of the scene now, but if you are interested I wouldn't mind sharing my RFCP code (used on Freedom RF and on RF Battlefront, agony created some modules).

It uses sqlsrv (so php 5.4+), basically same module type system as intrepid web. Mostly centralized DB code with probably 98% parameterized queries. Javascript cart implementation (players loved this, very quick and easy to purchase items), bootstrap (although I did not use the responsive aspect), ticket system (needs work), ALL item images automatically added when you add the items, bulk item additions, armor/weapon set additions (add all armor for all races of a specific level with a single form), etc. status pulled from dats for elementals. Great javascript/html implementation for talic configuring.

There are definitely still some bugs, but it is in pretty good shape. Light commenting so you will need to do some code interpretation. Was going to license it but never bothered as I didn't feel like coming up with the documentation, install instructions, etc. If you are planning to go a different route, I won't bother cleaning it up. If you want to just get some of the code pieces, I will just give you the code. If you are interested in actually using it I can try to do the full job of prepping it.

Hit me up on skype gregcool@hotmail.com

Side Note: Ron, I actually moved to Fort Worth about a year and a half ago which I believe you are fairly close by?

Anyway, not sure if any of you have seen the inside of it while Freedom was up
Anyway, it will take me a little bit of work to clean it up and clean out my db from freedom to get the table creation scripts.

Pokemon Tamer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
its been so long since i've come again in this forum, and suddenly there's a cool project going on
its a really good project, hope can be useful for this community and make it life again

Reaction score
its been so long since i've come again in this forum, and suddenly there's a cool project going on
its a really good project, hope can be useful for this community and make it life again

The more people helping, the more successful this will be. We have a solid team already, with some great people not officially part of the team who are also contributing a few things (agony, gmoney).

Reaction score
I'd like to reiterate that there is absolutely no rush on this project. We are taking our time to set things up and do everything right the first time. Time is not important to us. We're working together to fix files for the community while developing new things in the process.

I've had to remove a member of the team today because this was not understood. If you're interested in helping, please make sure you understand this before you send me a contact request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back