Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[development] maps

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope. Just am not bothering to update the thread to show how far I am since last thread update. Have I already made completely new maps or not? The public may never know. :biggrin:

Reactions: Ron
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Changed my mind after some events happened to the RF scene. Rather not repeat past mistakes.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
pls CS1.6 maps into RF please sir,,,, those SS of your work on maps are 3dsMax am I ryt? pls bro release more .... -_-

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
God, I always wanted to do mapping in RF Online, but no one goes to a meeting and does not share it

Leech feeder.
Reaction score
Things are not shared because 99% of the people leech or just sell them as their own.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Things are not shared because 99% of the people leech or just sell them as their own.
True, but also nobody has made yet a custom map. Someone skilled could look into quake 2 bsp source and rf source, and could make something, nobody went that far. Also that map tool comes with full source, again someone skilled could expand the coding and add bsp editing directly in the map tool, and edit terrain live in editor. Would be cool to see any server bringing something new to the table, yet time is passing and we "the peoples" have to move on :)

ps. excuse my engrish

Reaction score
True, but also nobody has made yet a custom map. Someone skilled could look into quake 2 bsp source and rf source, and could make something, nobody went that far. Also that map tool comes with full source, again someone skilled could expand the coding and add bsp editing directly in the map tool, and edit terrain live in editor. Would be cool to see any server bringing something new to the table, yet time is passing and we "the peoples" have to move on :)

ps. excuse my engrish
Dealing with the bsp binary is easy, but I'm not come from programming background, dealing with the contain is harder than expected :(:
I can't even understand what is vector, node, leaf, uv, uv lightning, etc :D:
And I can't write D3D program tool for it :'(
The only thing I manage is draw the 2D mini map based on the bsp.hahaha

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dealing with the bsp binary is easy, but I'm not come from programming background, dealing with the contain is harder than expected :(:
I can't even understand what is vector, node, leaf, uv, uv lightning, etc :D:
And I can't write D3D program tool for it :'(
The only thing I manage is draw the 2D mini map based on the bsp.hahaha

Then you can start with these, joke :D, but maybe others really want to learn more about. Some stuff are not really working with RF, but at least there are explanations for what things are, and what they do. ^_^

BSP:
BSP:

BSP:
UV's:
Lightmap:
etc:

Also some things i learned about formats:

.r3e means " r3- rf engine", and last "e" stands for entity, entity are stuff on map like trees, rocks, extra objects placed on map, besides the bsp geometry, also r3e can store simple animation, not sure if is animated texture or object animation.

Theory for .r3m, means " r3 - rf engine ", and last " m " is the material for one or multiple objects, related to shader/texture

Last edited:
Reaction score

ps. excuse my engrish

Some of us refuse to move on regardless of how much time passes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Then you can start with these, joke :D, but maybe others really want to learn more about. Some stuff are not really working with RF, but at least there are explanations for what things are, and what they do. ^_^

BSP:
BSP:

BSP:
UV's:
Lightmap:
etc:

Also some things i learned about formats:

.r3e means " r3- rf engine", and last "e" stands for entity, entity are stuff on map like trees, rocks, extra objects placed on map, besides the bsp geometry, also r3e can store simple animation, not sure if is animated texture or object animation.

Theory for .r3m, means " r3 - rf engine ", and last " m " is the material for one or multiple objects, related to shader/texture

hahaha, that is easier to said than to be done, even if I know what it is or how to work with it, I'm still unable to make tool with D3D yet as of now this kind of tool is the only things I can make :
ma - [development] maps - RaGEZONE Forums
well, when the time comes, it will comes after all, RF is just one of my hobby, no need to be in a rush ^_^

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Some of us refuse to move on regardless of how much time passes

Yeah i was referring to players, i know there are still dedicated devs that continue only because they love RF so much, if you don't have a passion for it, is hard to keep up with it for so many years.

When i said " we the peoples have to move on " it's because the market is being flooded with games everyday, some free some not, with insane graphics and character movement, which will put RF more and more on second place in regards of game choices for players.

And you right only some map changes will not change much, maybe a complete redone like UE4, or someone with complete source to write new features, improving character movement "fluid w-a-s-d and real jump, not that V", adding new skill animations. Changing the way siegekit works for accretia. Back then, when there wasn't many games siegekit was ok, but now is a bit funny to pvp like that, placing your siege kit and waiting for target to come, you know what i mean ^_^.

But yeah, back to maps-development thread, custom maps will not bring new players, but are still good for existing players to see something new :)

hahaha, that is easier to said than to be done, even if I know what it is or how to work with it, I'm still unable to make tool with D3D yet as of now this kind of tool is the only things I can make :
View attachment 163430
well, when the time comes, it will comes after all, RF is just one of my hobby, no need to be in a rush ^_^

That's interesting, is like a point cloud :D, i think you can replace all minimaps and make them better :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Still cool, could this be used online?, like on a website and add pins where mobs or point of interests are?, could be a neat feature :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
View attachment 163430

Dude taking a fresh new map tool from busted source code into compiling state took me less than a day. Granted I had already done it years ago but still it doesn't take long. Fixing the random crash bugs doesn't take much time afterwards.
Just because you can't figure out how to compile source code doesn't mean other people can't, another example is elsewhere.

As for the thread deleting stuff: Don't be dumb, everybody knows the threads being talked about. I'll give you a hint they contain facts like compiling both client-side and server-side is possible. Then a thread about trying to track down old (pre GIGA3) sets of client files by a person who informed you compiling the client-side and server-side is possible.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This work is best going with attractive so could you please share to me Which tool are you using?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
0GcGSuT - [development] maps - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back