Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RF Online Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Woofe Emu] Emulator Status [30%]

well actually if someone wrote a 1.5 emulator CCR couldnt do much about it but if u change the client in any manner then they can come after you same thing happened with WoW

Luckily the way the 1.5 client is written, I don't even need to touch the client at all.

P.S. Login server being released today.

Reaction score

1.5 just isn't worth the time IMO. The official server failed so bad they closed it and went back to 2232. There would need to be some major changes required for 1.5 to be successful with the players.

CCR really fucked up 1.5. It should have been a lot better, but the only thing really great about it was the updated interface.

Reaction score

I know its kind of a long shot, but does anyone have any information at all regarding the structure of RF packets? Some of the packets appear to be encrypted and we are having issues figuring out the formats of some of them. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

any news?

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score

We're still subtly working on it, but we're stuck on the movement packet encryption. Until we find a solution for that we can't really go any further.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

hmm i honestly cant say i know that packet how ever i might know someone who can find out and is well connected so if u want pass me the packet captured in a file and i can see what my friend can do with it. or if you have skype i pm me and i can add u to it and add him to a call so u can speak with him.

and hey ron long time no see havent seen u since i quit from deving your play rfo because you called me a worthless dev lol

Luckily the way the 1.5 client is written, I don't even need to touch the client at all.

P.S. Login server being released today.

and ya exactly so writing a emulator ccr cant do a damn thing about it as long as u edit the client in no way shape or form. :D

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score

hmm i honestly cant say i know that packet how ever i might know someone who can find out and is well connected so if u want pass me the packet captured in a file and i can see what my friend can do with it. or if you have skype i pm me and i can add u to it and add him to a call so u can speak with him.

and hey ron long time no see havent seen u since i quit from deving your play rfo because you called me a worthless dev lol

and ya exactly so writing a emulator ccr cant do a damn thing about it as long as u edit the client in no way shape or form. :D

Here's the encrypted movement packet.

If anyone could get this de-crypted, then that would be awesome. We'd be well on our way to finishing the emulator.

Header
-----------
Packet Size: 2 bytes (short)
Data Size: 2 bytes (short)
Packet Type: 1 byte (short)
Packet ID: 1 byte (short)

The rest are floats. Floats(4 bytes) long.
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here, but that's the jist of it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Looks interesting i tried the same a long time ago but its kinda time consuming ^_-

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

it wont be easy but ill take a look into the issue see if i can get my friend to help abit

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Here's the encrypted movement packet.

If anyone could get this de-crypted, then that would be awesome. We'd be well on our way to finishing the emulator.

Header
-----------
Packet Size: 2 bytes (short)
Data Size: 2 bytes (short)
Packet Type: 1 byte (short)
Packet ID: 1 byte (short)

The rest are floats. Floats(4 bytes) long.
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here, but that's the jist of it.

Hello!
How to use this document
Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

hm... maybe this help you void CPlayer::sendmsg_StartMoveResult(char *pMsg)
{
decrypt_Move(sizeof(_move_request_clzo), pMsg);
_move_request_clzo *pRecv = (_move_request_clzo *)pMsg;
printf("Move start: from (%f;%f;%f) to (%d;0;%d)\n",pRecv->fCur[0],pRecv->fCur[1],pRecv->fCur[2],pRecv->zTar[0],pRecv->zTar[0]);
setPos(pRecv->fCur);
//TODO: HARDCODED. Need send this to players around.
bMove = true;
}

void CPlayer::decrypt_Move(int nSize, char *pMsg)
{
for(int i = 0; i < nSize; i++)
{
pMsg ^= 32 + wXorKey;
pMsg -= 23 + byPlusKey;
}
}

void CPlayer::encrypt_Move(int nSize, char *pMsg)
{
for(int i=0;i<nSize;i++)
{
pMsg += 23 + byPlusKey;
pMsg ^= 32 + wXorKey;
}
}

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score

wXorKey
hm... maybe this help you void CPlayer::sendmsg_StartMoveResult(char *pMsg)
{
decrypt_Move(sizeof(_move_request_clzo), pMsg);
_move_request_clzo *pRecv = (_move_request_clzo *)pMsg;
printf("Move start: from (%f;%f;%f) to (%d;0;%d)\n",pRecv->fCur[0],pRecv->fCur[1],pRecv->fCur[2],pRecv->zTar[0],pRecv->zTar[0]);
setPos(pRecv->fCur);
//TODO: HARDCODED. Need send this to players around.
bMove = true;
}

void CPlayer::decrypt_Move(int nSize, char *pMsg)
{
for(int i = 0; i < nSize; i++)
{
pMsg ^= 32 + wXorKey;
pMsg -= 23 + byPlusKey;
}
}

void CPlayer::encrypt_Move(int nSize, char *pMsg)
{
for(int i=0;i<nSize;i++)
{
pMsg += 23 + byPlusKey;
pMsg ^= 32 + wXorKey;
}
}

I'll be trying this.
Any idea what wXorKey and byPlusKey is? or the function for them?

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Good news people. Thanks to Darks' help, I figured out the movement decryption. Turns out I was using bytes instead of integers to brute force the byPlusKey and wXorKey values.

In any case. I'll be slowly moving forward with the project and will keep this thread up-to-date on the happenings.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Good news people. Thanks to Darks' help, I figured out the movement decryption. Turns out I was using bytes instead of integers to brute force the byPlusKey and wXorKey values.

In any case. I'll be slowly moving forward with the project and will keep this thread up-to-date on the happenings.

I'm very interested in this project and will help out any way I possibly can. Send me a PM. I love RF emulation but hate MSSQL and all these foreign files. I've been searching for a thread like this forever.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As of today, I'm no longer working on it. It's come to my realization, there's no point. Not a big enough demand for it. I don't work for free, so I'd rather spend my time doing something else.
If you want the source.(They're incomplete), then you may as for them VIA THIS THREAD. Private messages will be ignored, depending on the number of people who ask. I'll release it to everyone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im want source, im interested!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm coding in C# now for a couple of years and i'm verry interested at your code, because i think i can learn alot from it about packet routing ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back