Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    @VesselLocation
    1,744Posts

Re: [Release] 1.5 ZoneServer header

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

wow its nice @Ron .ok i'm waiting for it
    Lu Tau Kontlo???? Drama Mulu Lu Kaya Kontlo Coeg...
    I'm Move To ROHAN ONLINE.TQ

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

Quote Originally Posted by martin2 View Post
    I know how many work is it, because we are working with Defcon more than a year already and only in March opened it for alpha test. But with every day it become better + we make it with Cerberus protection from the begining
    Gotcha. I was mis-informed then, as someone apparently not actually knowledgeable of your server told me you were closing 1.5 and reverting back to 2.2.3. I didn't find much info on your forums so I just assumed that was correct. Looking at it again most of the posts are closed to guests so thats why I didn't find anything.

I'll sign up and check it out later. If you've spent the time to turn it in to something actually playable, then good job honestly.
    RF-Dev Team

MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    28Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Gotcha. I was mis-informed then, as someone apparently not actually knowledgeable of your server told me you were closing 1.5 and reverting back to 2.2.3. I didn't find much info on your forums so I just assumed that was correct. Looking at it again most of the posts are closed to guests so thats why I didn't find anything.

I'll sign up and check it out later. If you've spent the time to turn it in to something actually playable, then good job honestly.
    We closed 2232 server and opened Defcon with transfering of all characters and items.

If you want to work with Defcon server you need to make dev tools, write your own login server (default is trash and not work properly), delete limitation in 100 players online (the most hard part), chage many packets to make it work with 1.5b client (1.5a client have more bugs than server have).
    And even after this you will need to fix bugs (a lot of old and new, that appear because korean devs of tried to fix old bugs), skills (many was changed), move system (it was totaly changed because of unsuccessfull tries to fix wallhack/flyhack and making pets, which should run near player and pick up items), dodge, attack, trade and so on. We already rewrite around 60% of server code, but it is not the end (many things we just turned off to make defcon at least similar to 2232).
    That is why I say good luck to everyone, who want to open Defcon server.

MemberRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    77Posts

I wish I had that capability to rewrite it all,,, this zone header have information that ppl can use to compare it with GUheader right? but I donot have enough information on how to work with it... still I won't give up :) Supose I need to make new Cpp files. or maybe I'm wrong and I just need edit the old source to work with the information of this zone header

MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    42Posts

We closed 2232 server and opened Defcon with transfering of all characters and items.

If you want to work with Defcon server you need to make dev tools, write your own login server (default is trash and not work properly), delete limitation in 100 players online (the most hard part), chage many packets to make it work with 1.5b client (1.5a client have more bugs than server have).
    And even after this you will need to fix bugs (a lot of old and new, that appear because korean devs of tried to fix old bugs), skills (many was changed), move system (it was totaly changed because of unsuccessfull tries to fix wallhack/flyhack and making pets, which should run near player and pick up items), dodge, attack, trade and so on. We already rewrite around 60% of server code, but it is not the end (many things we just turned off to make defcon at least similar to 2232).
    In fact, I have been doing this, including 2232, a lot of code and logic are wrong, not to mention 1.5b, due to limited capacity and energy, progress is very slow, but compared with the 1.5B, 2232 BUG or less, I can only say that the development of CCR is not careful, see is that a lot of people write batch code, style is not unified

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    0xfffffffeLocation
    127Posts

delete limitation in 100 players online (the most hard part)
    If you accomplish this, is impressive. I remember Cerbeus author ask of me help years ago, too much work I thought.

Best of luck.

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    2,153Posts

is it just me? or the header doesn't contain cplayer, canimus, cguardtower, ctrap,etc class/struct?
    or is it changed in 1.5? o.O
    Orang kok kayak kentut, datang2 bau abis itu ilang

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

I know. I ran a 1.5 RF server long before you lol. I know exactly how bad everything is because I was hands-on first. I can say the route you take is the proper way to "fix" 1.5, but as you now know, it is a lot of work. That's why I made the recommendation to close our 1.5 server because the amount of work versus potential reward just wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by likertuban View Post
    is it just me? or the header doesn't contain cplayer, canimus, cguardtower, ctrap,etc class/struct?
    Pretty much everything is changed in 1.5. Then they changed everything again in 1.5b. Its a mess to dev.
    RF-Dev Team

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    0xfffffffeLocation
    127Posts

Quote Originally Posted by likertuban View Post
    Given those structures are essential, they still exist...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement