Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Portal Adder source

Reaction score
additional tool to complete Monster/mob adder

download here :

this release is quite different than my monster/mob adder,
before asking, read FAQ below :

Q : what is this?
A : this is simple tools to add new portal to your map

Q : tool? where's the .exe?
A : i only releasing the source, actually i was almost drop/abandon this tool, because too much mess in this tool, but i managed to finish it today or barely, and it's not perfect, so there's no compiled version, you need to compile it yourself.

Q : have you tested? is it work?
A : yes, i have compiled version, i tested to create new portal from center of Sette to center of Elf Land map, i will post screenshot later, i will post the compiled version look like and an example of it too :D:

Q : you said it's not perfect? how come? this tools seem to be handy and wonderful, i can even say it's spectacular +_+
A : there's actually 1 unknown value which is uncertain what it is (there's another unknown struct but the value is usually constant), in my strs, it's
Code:
x32 "Map of Arrival";
can't figure it out what it is, and how to make it, so i leave the value to 0/zero, but the portal seem to work properly so dont worry, there's another problem in this tool, this tool did not add new portal to NDMap.edf, so your portal name might be messed up, i was planning to add later, but after some thinking, i won't release the next version, i will leave it as it is.

Q : How come you did not update it? and release some unfinished tool?
A : after some thinking, i want people on this forum to learn programmer too, even not perfect (i myself is not perfect, if you look on the source, you will realize i'm not professional at all, well i'm not a programmer to begin with), so i want you to solve that problem yourself, i already give 98% of the hardwork, you just need to add your own 2% yourself, even you did not complete this tool, you can still add the new portal manually to NDMap.edf, and it wasn't really that hard as long as you know which portal/map it is :p:

Q : my portal did not added correctly?
A : the map is case sensitive, so if you put "sette" instead of "Sette" your new portal won't be added to map.edf clientside, but the serverside should be added correctly...

Q : you did not explain how to use this tool, please explain it!
A : ah sorry, i forgot about that one, first of all, you need to compile the source, i use visual studio 2010 ultimate to create this tool, use google on how to compile source code, pirate software is not allowed here, so posting cracked visual studio ultimate link is prohibited (but there's trial version tho' not sure if it's allowed to post trial version link? o_O), you also need .net framework 4.0 to run this tool, put this tool to your zoneserver\rfbin\map folder (the same place where you put Monster/mob adder) next convert your clientside map.edf to map.dat and put it in the same folder with the tool (zoneserver\rfbin\map folder), open up the tool, there's form tab, to tab, and option tab, you could figure it out yourself what is it right? for option tab, there's race dropdown menu, you should change the value, or your portal will be messed up, so make sure to backup your files before using this tool, i did not test item requirement, but it should work :p: (hopefully) for level, i tested once and worked just fine.

Q : in your screenshot, there's portal name option, but after i compiled this source, that option did not exist?
A : that is because my screenshot is the latest, i just fixed the portal name, and take screenshot after i tested it

Q : can you please upload new source?
A : no, respect me, i decide what i want to share, portal name is simple enough, you just need to edit NDMap.edf or add it to the source yourself, and don't ask to upload my current source, any post that asking for it will get deleted.

any question outside of the FAQ is okay tho'

Tools example :

Result :

Sette0001 - [Release] Portal Adder source - RaGEZONE Forums Sette0003 - [Release] Portal Adder source - RaGEZONE Forums Cora0006 - [Release] Portal Adder source - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
additional tool to complete Monster/mob adder

download here :

this release is quite different than my monster/mob adder,
before asking, read FAQ below :

Q : what is this?
A : this is simple tools to add new portal to your map

Q : tool? where's the .exe?
A : i only releasing the source, actually i was almost drop/abandon this tool, because too much mess in this tool, but i managed to finish it today or barely, and it's not perfect, so there's no compiled version, you need to compile it yourself.

Q : have you tested? is it work?
A : yes, i have compiled version, i tested to create new portal from center of Sette to center of Elf Land map, i will post screenshot later, i will post the compiled version look like and an example of it too :D:

Q : you said it's not perfect? how come? this tools seem to be handy and wonderful, i can even say it's spectacular +_+
A : there's actually 1 unknown value which is uncertain what it is (there's another unknown struct but the value is usually constant), in my strs, it's
Code:
x32 "Map of Arrival";
can't figure it out what it is, and how to make it, so i leave the value to 0/zero, but the portal seem to work properly so dont worry, there's another problem in this tool, this tool did not add new portal to NDMap.edf, so your portal name might be messed up, i was planning to add later, but after some thinking, i won't release the next version, i will leave it as it is.

Q : How come you did not update it? and release some unfinished tool?
A : after some thinking, i want people on this forum to learn programmer too, even not perfect (i myself is not perfect, if you look on the source, you will realize i'm not professional at all, well i'm not a programmer to begin with), so i want you to solve that problem yourself, i already give 98% of the hardwork, you just need to add your own 2% yourself, even you did not complete this tool, you can still add the new portal manually to NDMap.edf, and it wasn't really that hard as long as you know which portal/map it is :p:

Q : my portal did not added correctly?
A : the map is case sensitive, so if you put "sette" instead of "Sette" your new portal won't be added to map.edf clientside, but the serverside should be added correctly...

Q : you did not explain how to use this tool, please explain it!
A : ah sorry, i forgot about that one, first of all, you need to compile the source, i use visual studio 2010 ultimate to create this tool, use google on how to compile source code, pirate software is not allowed here, so posting cracked visual studio ultimate link is prohibited (but there's trial version tho' not sure if it's allowed to post trial version link? o_O), you also need .net framework 4.0 to run this tool, put this tool to your zoneserver\rfbin\map folder (the same place where you put Monster/mob adder) next convert your clientside map.edf to map.dat and put it in the same folder with the tool (zoneserver\rfbin\map folder), open up the tool, there's form tab, to tab, and option tab, you could figure it out yourself what is it right? for option tab, there's race dropdown menu, you should change the value, or your portal will be messed up, so make sure to backup your files before using this tool, i did not test item requirement, but it should work :p: (hopefully) for level, i tested once and worked just fine.

Q : in your screenshot, there's portal name option, but after i compiled this source, that option did not exist?
A : that is because my screenshot is the latest, i just fixed the portal name, and take screenshot after i tested it

Q : can you please upload new source?
A : no, respect me, i decide what i want to share, portal name is simple enough, you just need to edit NDMap.edf or add it to the source yourself, and don't ask to upload my current source, any post that asking for it will get deleted.

any question outside of the FAQ is okay tho'

Tools example :

Result :

View attachment 156500View attachment 156502View attachment 156503

Which program can i use to compile?

Reaction score
My friend tried it and doesn't work :V
as i stated, you need to fix NDmap.edf
what i release is not the latest one...

and as it stated in the tool, map name is also case sensitif, i once try and didnt work because i write "sette" instead of "Sette",
if the program crash, your files is missing, everything is explained...

Reaction score
as i stated, you need to fix NDmap.edf
what i release is not the latest one...

and as it stated in the tool, map name is also case sensitif, i once try and didnt work because i write "sette" instead of "Sette",
if the program crash, your files is missing, everything is explained...

I mean, my friend tried to compile it and doesn't want to be compiled =s, can you send me a compiled version please? and thanks <3

Reaction score
I mean, my friend tried to compile it and doesn't want to be compiled =s, can you send me a compiled version please? and thanks <3

it require visual studio 2010 ultimate version :

that one is trial version from microsoft, sharing trial version is allowed so that is the link,
what error you get?
sorry, won't give any compiled version, i dont have version from this source anymore...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Request for a compile file please :eek:tt:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no more quotas bro :sleep: I'm connected using smartphone, low speed

Reaction score
do you know how to use it? -_-"
have you read the tutorial/FAQ? :/:

''To run this tool, put this tool to your zoneserver\rfbin\map folder (the same place where you put Monster/mob adder) next convert your clientside map.edf to map.dat and put it in the same folder with the tool (zoneserver\rfbin\map folder), open up the tool, there's form tab, to tab, and option tab, you could figure it out yourself what is it right?''

Reaction score
''To run this tool, put this tool to your zoneserver\rfbin\map folder (the same place where you put Monster/mob adder) next convert your clientside map.edf to map.dat and put it in the same folder with the tool (zoneserver\rfbin\map folder), open up the tool, there's form tab, to tab, and option tab, you could figure it out yourself what is it right?''
then show me all of your input...
that crash usually caused because the files did not exist, i did not check wether the file is exist or not, because this is a fast release...
and beside i share the source ^^7

Reaction score
then show me all of your input...
that crash usually caused because the files did not exist, i did not check wether the file is exist or not, because this is a fast release...
and beside i share the source ^^7

Untitled - [Release] Portal Adder source - RaGEZONE Forums and you can't release the latest version?, looks like this version has too much problems T_T

i did what you said and still have the error, check the picture.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Just hard-code the map names and release the latest version. Unless you're trying to sell such as basic application, I don't see why you wouldn't release the latest version when you're teasing it so much.

Also, it wouldn't crash so much if you added proper exception handling. Might want to go back to the basics before you "release" anything else.

Reaction score
Just hard-code the map names and release the latest version. Unless you're trying to sell such as basic application, I don't see why you wouldn't release the latest version when you're teasing it so much.

Also, it wouldn't crash so much if you added proper exception handling. Might want to go back to the basics before you "release" anything else.

Agree with Ron

Reaction score
View attachment 157507 and you can't release the latest version?, looks like this version has too much problems T_T

i did what you said and still have the error, check the picture.

Agree with Ron
DUDE, you didn't really read the FAQ do you?

put this tool to your zoneserver\rfbin\map folder (the same place where you put Monster/mob adder) next convert your clientside map.edf to map.dat and put it in the same folder with the tool (zoneserver\rfbin\map folder)

i said on map folder, not on "map name" inside map folder -_-
you should put this program in the same folder with MAPDATA.spt
this is your own fault for failed on reading, don't blame thing on me -_-"

a good talk for someone who did not released all of his files and always saying "i had this file long time ago" for each new release you own.

for saying basic application, is that imply you own the same tool huh?

dude, i release the source, the different between the latest and this version is only on NDMap.edf
the latest version add portal name to NDMap.edf and no, i did not put exception handler to current version either cause i'm too lazy (this tool is supposed to be used for my personal use, since i was the one who use it, i don't see the point for handling such error cause i would be sure not making such error, and i've give enough information on what happened, and to avoid such a crash),

you should understand the only reason i release the source is so people could learn. not everyone in this world blinded by money, unless you have only brain without heart.

hahahaha, oh boy. i did not sell my own files (even i do, i would make huge price so no one afford to buy it cause i'm not interested to sell a files i make myself). i learn little by little for adding new map, new monster and mining location using manual way, i write this application string by string based on how i learn it, when i decide to release, this files is the current version i had at that time, and then i realized on how to add portal name (before that point, i don't bother adding portal name)
and so i add addition string to add portal name, and it wasn't really that hard when i already released this files, that is why i don't want to release current version, people should just learn

the difference between me and most people is i did not stop learning, that is why the current version exist.

all crash just happened from not checking whether the files exist, just check for NULL value on FILE pointer.
all the function is gathered on the bottom of the form too,

i don't like and even against hardcoded map name, it's loose option to give portal to your own map name (actually, i was planning to disable hard coded for race in the option too, but by doing so would complicate thing for simple matter...

i myself not a programmer, i can't make C# program up till now and always : meh, C# is a sh*t, why would i bother to learn something like that. i like the feeling when i make something and success frustrated when failed, that is what i want to share when i decide to release a source code. i'm naive, yes indeed, who would even care to begin with :lol:
i do thing on my own way. :lol:

Back