• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Release] RF Online Episode 2.1.5 Files & Set-up Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Junkers - [Release] RF Online Episode 2.1.5 Files & Set-up Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

SERVER FILES & SETUP GUIDE

DON'T BOTHER SETTING UP AN RF SERVER IF YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM ISN'T 64-BIT

Files required:

Server
Webserver
Client Launcher
Database Dump
ODBC.txt
Official RF Client

Other requirements:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Download here and select your language
WinRAR - Download here and select your language
MSSQL Management Studio - Download here (credits to saiy4 for the working link)

Download Mirrors (provided by topearl 13):

Server
Webserver
Client Launcher
Database Dump
ODBC.txt
Client Launcher

Another download link, with thanks to Ron for finding it

NOTE: Your virus scanner will say the client_launcher has a trojan horse. It infact does not, and will only come up with that because a resource hacker was used on them (thanks Ron for this)

How to install:

1:
Download all files from the links above

2: Download Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and install it. Extract the Database Dump file and open it up. Now open up MSSQL and start to restore all the databases (Note: The database names must be exactly the same names as you find them in the database dump file). To create a database, simply right-click and select "New database" to create a database. To restore a database, right click on one and select "All tasks" then click on "Restore database" and locate the file from the Database Dump.

3: Now create your ODBC connections using the information given in the ODBC.txt file. (Note: You must do this after you restore your databases). The text file contains the name of the ODBC on the first line and the database which should be set as the default is on the second line. All these connections should be set as "SQL Native client" and have the IP 127.0.0.1,61433 by default. Leave the username and password as NT authent.

4: Now create a user and call it coin. The password should be password and its default database set to coin_test

5: Now install the webserver. Once everything seems like it's in working order, you can edit the PHP files for a website register/game.

6: Now install the server with the autoinstaller. Don't do anything with the contents of the folder.

7: Now install the official client. Install it to an entirely different directory than your server, run it and let it update (if it needs to). Your client folder will now take up about 4GB of HDD space. Now unpack the launcher and replace the official one with it.

Start-up:

Start up the files in this order:

Start the webserver -> C:\G4Webserver and click on start.bat

Start the worldserver -> \64bit server\worldBin\ZoneServerEP2.exe

Wait until the worldserver has fully loaded. A prompt will pop up to alert you it has finished loading.

Start the Login Server -> \64bit server\ep2login\LoginServer.exe

Start the Account Server -> \64bit server\ep2login\AccountServerSD.exe

Wait until they are fully loaded then type into the login server window only /open and press enter. This will allow logins.

NOTE: You can only stop the webserver using stop.bat which will be in the same directory as the Webserver. if you shut it down with taskmanager or anything else, things will go pear-shaped and you'll be required to restart your PC.

open a webpage and browse to 127.0.01. click on registration and make an account. if you did everything right it should say "account created" + the entry should be in your database under RF_User for the table tbl_LUAccount. If the account is not listed under here you screwed something up and should verify all the above steps because nothing else will work. If you cant figure it out then re-do all the steps from scratch. Start your playing client using the BoaR 127 launcher, and wait for it to load. you can even re-test making a account from here if you wish. login, and choose the Novus world. have fun !

Credits:

DwinT for the server files
Some random person on another forum for the guide (DwinT must've found the same person)

Last edited:
I'll take you all on.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: RF Online Episode 2.1.5 Files & Set-up Guide

dam Laz, you beat me to it, was uploading the file since i cant find the original source or dl link. thanks.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

nice post thanks a lot :)

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score

dude, need to reupload some files.
cause filefront have downloading problems.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Is it the files themselves that you can't download or just the website you can't connect to?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Weird, I have no problems connecting. Is this a one-off problem or can you just not connect to FileFront altogether?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Alright, tomorrow I'll start uploading the files onto a RapidShare mirror unless someone beats me to it. Haven't got the time for it tonight.

Experienced Elementalist
Loyal Member
Reaction score

When you upload too big files into Rapidshare like 10mb or anything like that only premium member can download.

When you upload medium size files such as 1000 KB+ would take us too long to wait.

Maybe try Filefactory.com

pɐǝpdoɹp
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Great post,
Thanks alot :]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Sorry to say, but starting a 2.1.5 server is a bad idea. >_< It has a giant security hole. It is beyond easy to packet hack.

Loyal Member
Reaction score

Oh well, thanks alot!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Guys I have RFOcean Server Files just wait this day and I will upload it! And please help me how to setup my server correctly! Because I don't know how to setup this server...My only problem in my server is Worldserver! When it launch and after waiting for a long minutes the server crashed! And it says "World DB failed to connect!" I just want to help to all RageZoners! Godbless!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

awesomeness, might try to make one

Reaction score

Guys I have RFOcean Server Files just wait this day and I will upload it! And please help me how to setup my server correctly! Because I don't know how to setup this server...My only problem in my server is Worldserver! When it launch and after waiting for a long minutes the server crashed! And it says "World DB failed to connect!" I just want to help to all RageZoners! Godbless!
Make sure you set up the correct ODBC settings. RF uses ODBC links to connect to the databases. If there is no link, the sever won't run.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

for those who have problem DL on filefront specially in Philippines
jus try and try it again...suddenly it will connect you to DL..

i'm re-uploading thise file in some site such as megaupload and rapid share
about 25% as of now :( but after ill repost the links
credits and thanks to Laz-low.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

hello guyz

i got some proble with the serverfiles downloaded fron links above
see attachement...pls help how to resolve this.

Attachments

• error1.JPG - [Release] RF Online Episode 2.1.5 Files & Set-up Guide - RaGEZONE Forums
    error1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 499
  • error2.JPG - [Release] RF Online Episode 2.1.5 Files & Set-up Guide - RaGEZONE Forums
    error2.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 413
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Sweeeeet <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back