Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RF Online Source Code Launcher ( English Version )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi dudes, I'll share the source code of the launcher, have this post here in forum, but is Russian, i translated all text...

chockdka - RF Online Source Code Launcher ( English Version ) - RaGEZONE Forums

And, i want ask a help !

I put all my info ( ip, port, etc...)
But, all times i try login with this launcher i have "LangPack reading failure" error...
When i get solve this error, my client open and after, when start the game, after 10 seconds they close and don't have error....

This is my log:

[1] 06/15/17 22:30:15: GetDataFromLauncher[2] 06/15/17 22:30:15: SetAccountID !admred ^^ !admred[3] 06/15/17 22:30:15: CreateNationMgr[4] 06/15/17 22:30:15: 1-1000 ) personal : 1, !admred, 2000000004, 2000000004[5] 06/15/17 22:30:15: 1-1000-1 Premium 0[6] 06/15/17 22:30:15: System CodePage = (1251)[7] 06/15/17 22:30:15: LangPack CodePage = (1251)[8] 06/15/17 22:30:15: Font = Lucida Console[9] 06/15/17 22:30:15: Selected Nation = Russian_Russia[10] 06/15/17 22:30:15: Select Language End[11] 06/15/17 22:30:15: CreateNetworkMgr[12] 06/15/17 22:30:17: ConnectToServer....[13] 06/15/17 22:30:17: Connect World....True.. WaitingFor...[14] 06/15/17 22:30:18: AcceptClientCheck 1[15] 06/15/17 22:30:18: IsConnectedToServer TRUE[16] 06/15/17 22:30:18: ConnectToServer....OK[17] 06/15/17 22:30:21: CERBERUS Init Ok[18] 06/15/17 22:30:21: InitR3Engine[19] 06/15/17 22:30:21: InitR3Engine OK[20] 06/15/17 22:30:21: InitR3SoundSystem[21] 06/15/17 22:30:21: InitR3SoundSystem OK[22] 06/15/17 22:30:23: ime codepage by KeyboardLayout = 1252[23] 06/15/17 22:30:23: CStringChecker::CreateInstance() failure

Link:
Original Source Code ( Russian ): http://forum.ragezone.com/f479/source-rf-launcher-wpf-920836/

Thanks in advance !
(I'm sorry if i put in wrong place... )

Reactions: Ron
Reaction score
This is what I like to see. People taking something from the community, turning it in to something useful (English translations), then re-releasing. Yes this code has been around a while, and yes plenty of people already use it, but its great to see someone trying to give back to the community even here in 2017. Don't lose that spirit.

Its been so long I can't remember specific details... However I think this is related to how the LSSettings (or w/e file that is called) is getting generated, or possibly the login packets are set up for the wrong version. Make sure the launcher is for your specific version of RF. I think that one works for 2.2.3 and 2.2.3.2.

What version of RF are you running?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is what I like to see. People taking something from the community, turning it in to something useful (English translations), then re-releasing. Yes this code has been around a while, and yes plenty of people already use it, but its great to see someone trying to give back to the community even here in 2017. Don't lose that spirit.

Its been so long I can't remember specific details... However I think this is related to how the LSSettings (or w/e file that is called) is getting generated, or possibly the login packets are set up for the wrong version. Make sure the launcher is for your specific version of RF. I think that one works for 2.2.3 and 2.2.3.2.

What version of RF are you running?

( Sorry for the late )
Thanks dude, I'm a newbie, but i'm learning and when i can, i shared with the forum, this is nice, thanks for message :D

My version is 2.2.3.2, i think this launcher work just in 2.2.3...

Reactions: Ron
Reaction score
223 n 2232 could use the same launcher,
That error., try to use windows mode, not fullscreen mode, you may have tried to login using fullscreen in unsupported resolution,
Also I'm not sure if C# socket have the same problem as c++ such as multiple send could be retrieve in single recv,
And single send require multiple recv,
I don't see it being handled in the source, it's simple send n receive . . .
Well, perhaps i did not notice it, or perhaps for simple program such as launcher it's not necessary to handle such problem, not sure tho'
N it seem it did not support multiple zone/server? It did not show serverlist, it might just choose the first server in list. :):
In the end, it require a lot of improvement, n just a simple fast launcher to login in the first server

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I installed Visual Studio, edited in my IP, Did some more translations.
Issues:
1) Shows Login and World Servers as Off
2) Loads the RU version of the Bin.
3) When I clone en-gb folder to ru-ru, it starts to load then closes.
Any hints how to possibly get this to work, or what code I should be looking at to get it working? Thanks.
Also if someone is familiar with coding in Visual studio, teach me how to have it ask for IP so people can type in an IP?

Thanks for sharing this.

Edit: Fixed the settings not sticking or crashing with some values (I think lol, I can't get it to re-crash) You'll need to use Visual Studio (Or something else similar) to build the .exe

Place this in the extracted file of the Orig Zip file (see Attachments)
Showing the translation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ru bin version setting should be in defaultset.tmp setting if i remember.
You could just create textbox, n take the value for ip,
You could also check my source launcher, it's more detailed if you are to ask me,
But my socket handling is quite bizare tho '
As far as I test it, it works, but sometimes it load korean version instead, not sure why it happened,
My launcher also support serverlist :D:
(I feel like promoting my own source, but I just give a suggestion for those who want to learn how launcher works)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tried this one but failed to determine which part I did wrong, got LangPack Reading error.
This is kinda challenging since its new to me, tried r3engine.ini but did not help to change it, hope someone with a good heart who already resolved this can share..

Reaction score
tried this one but failed to determine which part I did wrong, got LangPack Reading error.
This is kinda challenging since its new to me, tried r3engine.ini but did not help to change it, hope someone with a good heart who already resolved this can share..

Read bro, i already said, that error is probably because u use fullscreen mode in unsupported resolution, try to use windows mode

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ru bin version setting should be in defaultset.tmp setting if i remember.
You could just create textbox, n take the value for ip,
You could also check my source launcher, it's more detailed if you are to ask me,
But my socket handling is quite bizare tho '
As far as I test it, it works, but sometimes it load korean version instead, not sure why it happened,
My launcher also support serverlist :D:
(I feel like promoting my own source, but I just give a suggestion for those who want to learn how launcher works)

Nothing but gibberish in the Defaultset.tmp file besides the last used Login name. Tried both Notepad++ and a Hex editor to see what was in that file.

Also Ron when using this launcher I never saw a file get created called LSSettings while this launcher launched RF_Onlin.bin.

Reaction score
Nothing but gibberish in the Defaultset.tmp file besides the last used Login name. Tried both Notepad++ and a Hex editor to see what was in that file.

Also Ron when using this launcher I never saw a file get created called LSSettings while this launcher launched RF_Onlin.bin.

It's not gibberish, you just don't know about it,
It have a structure.
My launcher source provide the structure

Reaction score
All I can recall atm is that there are a couple tmp files you need to generate in the proper format for RF_Online.bin to start.

If its still not working for you I can try to see what we did in our test launcher, if I can find the source.

Just double checked. We generated both System/LSSetting.tmp and System/DefaultSet.tmp for it to work. LSSetting.tmp, the first 4 bytes are the server IP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Chockdka The files are good ? with the russia version ? Or is it just the english version it gives error ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ive already solved this problem thanks to the help of nightmare him and i both worked on this and ill give you all a hint if u cant figure it out from the image i included then i suggest learning to program better......

hopefully someone finds this hint helpful and learns how to use it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ive already solved this problem thanks to the help of nightmare him and i both worked on this and ill give you all a hint if u cant figure it out from the image i included then i suggest learning to program better......

hopefully someone finds this hint helpful and learns how to use it.

I tried to figure out the value of "en" on the image you have shown, I would be thankful enough if you can share to me what was the value are we looking for to finally run through LangPack Error. Thanks in advance!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
it tooks me and a friend awhile to gain the said value and i was told not to give away the answer just a hint on where to look.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To connect to the emulator. I used to connect, but I already forgot what and where they changed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is a basis that we have been doing for a long time, but I have already forgotten everything. With a bare entrance to the world and a couple of little things. They did it on the 1.5a client, the java language.

Back