Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ore Processing Tutorial

Reaction score
I have not seen a guide for this and most are to lazy or have no clue how to make ore process correctly when edited. This took me some time to figure out why it bugs when you up certain items. After all is done it has to = 100% or dam close for it to work.

1. First open your OreCutting.dat file.

2. You have to figure out how much more talics and gems you want the cutting to give.

3. This part takes time. You need to figure out how much each item is given by % for mats/talics/gems etc.

4. You can use the loot converter exe I found and created by Elsen 2011 RD Studio

Killerwoody - Ore Processing Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

5. Every ore from +3 to 1 has a value % which is a pain to figure it out.

6. Every ore = 100% or dam close like 99.99%

7. The first 4 mats are around 24% of the ore cutting.

8. The actual give of gems/talics you get is around 1% ( now you see why in retail you got jack all)

9. So figure out a formula you want to use and use simple math to figure it out.

10. Use the loot converter by putting in a % and trying to match it closely to whats on the dat line.

11. Once you get all of them close then you can figure out how much % you need to change.

12. The best method is start with 0% so you got 14 talics and 12 gems. Figure out the % of these you
want per tier of ore. Which of course +3 the highest so punch in lets say 2% per each talic and gem.
The math part 26 items x 2 = 52% of your ore which leaves 48% to the mats ore other objects.

13. If you mess up you will know when you get in game and process ore, the last line of the +3 2 1 ore will have a mass amount after processing. This will let you know your math is wrong or off.

14. Use you calculator to double and triple check.

I hope this help a bit because I see very few servers now days editing ore which is the essence to RF Online game play. I know this is a quick guide but if you need help shoot me a pm. Thanks for reading.

Back