Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Attack resulted from weapon

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello dear friends,

I am trying to figure out how FlyFF calculates the ATTACK (seen in H hotkey, character window) based on the weapon equipped. I have found the thread below that helped me a lot and has given me good results, nailing down the attack for any weapon, as long as it's not upgraded above +2 and is not Ultimate or Baruna.

All calculations for regular weapons (not Ultimate) works if I always consider their attack range (xxx~yyy) as clean, not upgraded (thus +0) state. Even though upgrading increases the attack range of a weapon, not considering the increase seems to be the right way to calculate. However, past +2, I need to sum what I called a "correction factor" in my calculations in order to achieve the correct attack value. This factor starts at 2 (at +3) and goes up to 21 (at +10).

The thread I found mentions that the refinement of a weapon must be summed up. However, it mentions the refinement as "FLOOR (refinement on weapon)". If I should add the value of the current refinement (+1, +2, +3 and so on), why should it have a FLOOR function? Plus, even though I add the "raw" refinement of the weapon, the correction factor is still needed. What am I not getting right?

Also, I'm trying to figure out what happens when I equip an Ultimate weapon (for now, not touching Baruna). When I upgrade a weapon from +10 to Ultimate, I can't seem to fit my calculations to the ATTACK resulted in game. Even considering the attack range of the clean weapon, +10 weapon or clean Ultimate weapon, none of them results in the correct value. The multiplier (mentioned in the thread below) does not seem to be the answer 'cause I would need different values for different weapon types, as my tests concluded. Therefore, I have no idea what changes in the attack calculation when a weapon is Ultimate.

I can't hover through the FlyFF source right now 'cause I'm not in my house for some weeks... and even after I get there, I'll probably have little to no time to find it, as I'm not good with source stuff.

Can someone give me a hand here figuring out what happens with weapon upgrade and ultimate related to the attack seen in character window (H hotkey)?

NOTE: I was careful to not use Attack% items that could mask my results in my tests.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/share-flyff-damage-formulas-incomplete-544629/

Thank you in advance!

Back