Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How can i create an Item & Monster List

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi,
i need to know how can i create an Item & Monster list and export it to an .txt.

1) Item-List
ID|NAME
ID|NAME
ID|NAME

2) Monster-List
ID|NAME
ID|NAME
ID|NAME

thank you !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just do it when it is loading the file. Create an out file stream or a string stream to save to file after the load of the file is done.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey Fenris, can you explain me how to?
i must read 3 parts to build the list like ID|NAME
and idk how to make this...

the best part is to have 1 programm for items&monster list export ;)

or can i do this out of the DB for items & monster ?

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Fenris, can you explain me how to?
i must read 3 parts to build the list like ID|NAME
and idk how to make this...

the best part is to have 1 programm for items&monster list export ;)

or can i do this out of the DB for items & monster ?

You can essentially, just export the data from the database then use something like libre office to chop off the bits you don't want.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
using some stream like ofstream or using something to write to file. fputs and FILE*. printf, etc.

Code:
#include <fstream>
BOOL CProject::LoadPropMover(LPCTSTR lpszFileName)
Code:
std::set<int> checker;

std::ofstream outFile("monsterList.txt", std::ios::out | std::ios::binary);

Code:
#endif // __S1108_BACK_END_SYSTEM

outFile << i << '|' << pProperty->szName << '\n';
	}
	outFile.close();

this will make the txt file when you boot up your neuz or worldserver or even db server.

You can also change it slightly to have \t for tabs and then load it in the db as a spreadsheet to export to a sql db. lmao

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Ketchup:
thanks. if i can export a itemlist and monsterlist from the db i will do it but idk how to.
Fenris:
oh i dont want to export it from the neuz. i only need a little programm like itemreader.
that can read the needed files and export a txt file like itemlist.txt & monsterlist.txt.
sorry for that misunderstanding.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ketchup:
thanks. if i can export a itemlist and monsterlist from the db i will do it but idk how to.
Fenris:
oh i dont want to export it from the neuz. i only need a little programm like itemreader.
that can read the needed files and export a txt file like itemlist.txt & monsterlist.txt.
sorry for that misunderstanding.
Uh. Idk why you just won't use Neuz or Db Server or World Server when the code to read the files and make a list is right there rather than writing your own program l. But hey, same idea. Look up ifstream on google and figure out what you need to do to skip unneeded data.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
hmmm a good point...
can i add this to the worldserver menu like 'Create Lists' and if i want can i click to create the both lists?

but i need help. idk what i must do :(
sorry Fenris i hope you can help me.

Back