Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Discussion about Cheat Engine and Game Hacks...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is merely a discussion about Cheat Engine and the fixes that have been applied.
I have looked over the source fixes that others have applied but, honestly blocking CE client side is a redundant and ineffective method especially for those that are encrypting their clients.
Current effective CE hacks available:
Jump hack
Stat hack(supposedly fixed not tested)
Sql injection via client(not web based)
Ineffective chat filter/name filter system(only blocks definitive words)
Incorrectly configured databases and queries within the client(ability to input negative values)
Server crashes

What are your thoughts about this subject and can you offer any advice on how to effectively limit such abilities to use Cheat Engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I am Tantra developer and very new here but, from my experience with anti cheat systems in Tantra were all done codecaving and hex modification because we didn't have the source code. I did offer what I have learned so far but, as for the cheats, I am still relying on others' thoughts and submissions as I learn this language.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I totally agree in that aspect but, how would you use the server side to check key press timers and such? Take for example the jump hack used by CE. I know it is a stupid thing but, essentially renders the user invincible by climbing to heights that others cannot obtain without CE. Just food for thought. I know that there is a speed hack check not yet implemented in the source code and this is quite confusing but, I know it can be done.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In theory, I'd say that since you have access to both client and server sources, you can pretty much do anything.

Taking the example mentionned above, the jump hack, blocking it would be actually quite simple (still in theory).
Just check if a player is on the ground whenever he jumps, and if not, rollback his position or teleport him at ground level.

As for actually doing it, it might be a little more tricky but I'm pretty sure this base idea is a good start. I don't have much experience in FlyFF modding so I can't really talk about anything but theory :D

Back