Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Editing o3d files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i've found an editor here in forum and now i'm able to edit items... but , when edited glow effect dont works anymore ... how i can fix ?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it helped a little, but a converter o3d , where a download link for this ? i tryed to use one i found on this forum , but it not worked :(

Inactive
Reaction score
it helped a little, but a converter o3d , where a download link for this ? i tryed to use one i found on this forum , but it not worked :(

This will work for obj to o3d and vice versa.

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This will work for obj to o3d and vice versa.

why have you given him the old converter when A-tools works way better?

OT:
If you mean using the old element glow system, it is quite a messy path you choose.

My recommendation is to use Cinema4D (Any 3d program work, but I liked cinema4d just for this part)
o3d converter (the one ketchup linked to or A-tools)
Convert a weapon.o3d to .obj.
Convert another weapon that you know glow works on (example, bloody weapons) from .o3d to .obj

When opening the bloody weapon .obj file in Cinema4D you will see it got different layers.
One Mesh (The weapon itself)
One wierd looking mesh (The element poly) ((This is where the element is put ingame))

Delete the Mesh (The weapon itself) but keep the wierd looking mesh.
Merge the weapon that has no glow .obj.
Export .obj
Convert to .o3d
Test it ingame.

I first did this when new weapon glow did not exist which was a few years back so sorry for the bad guide. since the "Wierd mesh" is not needed anymore.
So you either do that for each weapon that element glow does not appear on
or you simply add in the new weapon glow system :)

Good luck.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Atools doesn't support saving v15 glow "element" object, only old o3d to obj converter can do this

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Atools doesn't support saving v15 glow "element" object, only old o3d to obj converter can do this

it does not matter in which converter you use it all depends on how you model it..
Read my post above.

To understand more of what I mean in it, convert older weapons (prior v16 weapons) to .obj and you will see a mesh is used which the element is loaded on.

Back