Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff Premium Shop problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello there!
I'm having problems with my cash shop, this is the error:
localhost:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in C:\xampp\htdocs\inc\functions.php:17 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php(8): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\inc\functions.php on line 17

and this is the line 17:

$mssql_con = mssql_connect($mssql_FINESIGN\SQLEXPRESS, $mssql_sa, $mssql_password); //Attempt connection to MSSQL server using above server location.if (!$mssql_con)

im using Treachery's flyff earthquake v4
Posted by ShadowDragon

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
sounds like you are running php 7? mssql functions are 5.4 and below i believe.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes sir! I'm using the latest xampp version with latest php add ons(i dunno how it's called).
Should I use earlier / older version of xampp?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can try, personally I've not looked into how the installer works, it might just pull the newest version of php no matter what, I recall the version was like 3.2.2? of xampp and it would download 5.4-7.0 I think..... don't hold me to that statement, if you can't find away to downgrade xampp's version I dunno what to tell you other than look for the php7 extensions and OBDC driver update and manually upgrade the source to handle sqlsrv,

you can open a directory within the browser to see what version of php you are running in this case type in localhost/inc
inc seems to be the directory scroll down and I believe it will say.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah you're right sir. this is what it says:
Apache/2.4.26 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2l PHP/7.1.7 Server at localhost Port 80
I'll try to download xampp 3.2.2 to see what'll happen. thank you very much sir ​n0tso1ee7

Inactive
Reaction score
Wrong section, moved to help.
Please post in the correct area next time.

As for your issue mssql_connect is not supported by php anymore and hasn't since 5.2. You will need to use php 5.2 or lower and(or) xampp 1.7.3.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks sir Ketchup for the advice and sorry for posting thread @ wrong section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wrong section, moved to help.
Please post in the correct area next time.

As for your issue mssql_connect is not supported by php anymore and hasn't since 5.2. You will need to use php 5.2 or lower and(or) xampp 1.7.3.

Not entirely true, there are some 7.1+ extensions that make the mssql_connect work. But many of the extensions come with a warning, that due to compatability problems they may not function the exact same was as the 5.2 binaries of php did.

@ejay1588 you can alternatively re-write the php to use sqlsrv instead, this is the newer and improved version of mssql for php. It works in almost the same way as mssql and isn't difficult to re-write too. I would however severely advise against using mssql_connect as there are a ton of flaws in mssql_connect that can be exploited.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise Sir MrVendetta! can you give me an alternative way to make a simple yet secured cash/premium shop for flyff? This isn't a big time project actually, but still, I want to at least make some revenue with the game.

I Think the problem was diffrent this time. I used wamp 2.0c and this is the error:
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in C:\wamp\www\inc\functions.php on line 17
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\wamp\www\inc\functions.php on line 17

And this is my line 17 says:
$mssql_con = mssql_connect($mssql_WINDOWS10\SQLEXPRESS, $mssql_sa, $mssql_sasasa123); //Attempt connection to MSSQL server using above server location.

WINDOWS10\SQLEXPRESS > server name
mssql_sa > Log in
mssql_sasasa123 > pass

But what I believe is that WINDOWS10\SQLEXPRESS (Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in C:\wamp\www\inc\functions.php on line 17)
Am I correct? and how am I suppose to fix that?
Please help me!

Inactive
Reaction score
Not entirely true, there are some 7.1+ extensions that make the mssql_connect work. But many of the extensions come with a warning, that due to compatability problems they may not function the exact same was as the 5.2 binaries of php did.

@ejay1588 you can alternatively re-write the php to use sqlsrv instead, this is the newer and improved version of mssql for php. It works in almost the same way as mssql and isn't difficult to re-write too. I would however severely advise against using mssql_connect as there are a ton of flaws in mssql_connect that can be exploited.

Support was dropped after 5.2:
mssql_connect was completely removed from php 7:

Thanks for the advise Sir MrVendetta! can you give me an alternative way to make a simple yet secured cash/premium shop for flyff? This isn't a big time project actually, but still, I want to at least make some revenue with the game.

I Think the problem was diffrent this time. I used wamp 2.0c and this is the error:
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in C:\wamp\www\inc\functions.php on line 17
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\wamp\www\inc\functions.php on line 17

$mssql_con = mssql_connect($mssql_WINDOWS10\SQLEXPRESS, $mssql_sa, $mssql_sasasa123); //Attempt connection to MSSQL server using above server location.

mssql_sa > Log in
mssql_sasasa123 > pass

But what I believe is that WINDOWS10\SQLEXPRESS (Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in C:\wamp\www\inc\functions.php on line 17)
Please help me!

Any modern flyff site by default has a cash shop already in it, your better off using something like that then this. Unless you plan to manually upgrade the script yourself.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Support was dropped after 5.2:
mssql_connect was completely removed from php 7:

Any modern flyff site by default has a cash shop already in it, your better off using something like that then this. Unless you plan to manually upgrade the script yourself.

Just because PHP has removed the functionality, does not mean that there is a DLL online that can be used to add the support back. A ton of DLLs are available that aren't approved but will still work as long as you include it in the extensions deceleration and place it in the extensions directory.

mssql_sa > Log in
mssql_sasasa123 > pass

Please help me!

You need to use the following line for setting up the mssql_connection

$mssql_con = mssql_connect("WINDOWS10\SQLEXPRESS", "sa", "sasasa123");

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you very much Sir for your help! but unfortunately there's another error.

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: FINESIGN\SQLEXPRESS in C:\xampp\htdocs\Flyff\inc\functions.php on line 16
Cannot connect to MSSQL Server.

I'm now using xamp 1.7 with php 5.2.8

Inactive
Reaction score

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: FINESIGN\SQLEXPRESS in C:\xampp\htdocs\Flyff\inc\functions.php on line 16

You have to enable it in php.ini.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This problem means that you do not have access to your SQLEXPRESS server. Use 127.0.0.1 instead of "FINESIGN\SQLEXPRESS" and ensure that the user exists in MSSQL's Management Studio, then also make sure the password is correct.

Back