Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

help me with this 3ds max problem lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I got 3ds max 2010.

When I try to import or open mvr_female.chr file to 3ds max it gives me a message saying "No appropriate import module found"

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you can't import it !
you need a converter like ATools for the .o3d models !
you find more if you try to search the forum !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That's what you need for 3ds Max it can export o3d, ani and chr making skinned mesh you can export with animations which i found tricky. But if that's what you need i am glad to help.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@luskos: did you have the latest version?
All releases are old versions...
latest was 0.5 i mean but no one have it....

and in the year 2019 with atools normaly you dont need that script.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't believe he ever released it. For all this time that is passed since 2011 i think it's more likely to learn max scripting and do it yourself than hope to have it. Half of the functionality is there, i don't see exporting options in the version i have and to what exactly would of export i have no idea as i didn't see, but anyway you can still do it manually. It's all the same he pointed that he was using 3ds max that's why i suggested it. Take it or leave it kind of deal.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Ratpack If you look into the script you will find lines with double ”--" i think that is the escaping in the script, this means that those functions are commented out. You can try and uncomment it to see if the methods are implemented. I have hard time installing 3ds max to check this out. Might be so it has the functions of 0.05b in it. There is one called Group Export and it would be nice if it's actually there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Ratpack Just checked the file again, it has 3 exporting functions that he left empty, so no, he got to the point he added the buttons in the menu and if you uncomment they will be there without the functionality. Even in the video i saw them, but he never showed how they work, so it could be that he never really implemented them and the video is actually a hoax. Could be anything really. And i believe that you need C++ as this is the language for max scripts if not mistaken. You need to know how to read o3d and how to read and of course that means you know how to write the desired format you want to export to. It's really not so hard when you know what's what, what you need and what's just o3d perks. A file is basically data in specific order. The way it's written is the way is read. Knowing what data you need from o3d file and 3d model formats in general, like vertex uv's, normals, positions it's really kind of annoying work. It's just hard to find information on that matter. It's not like it's on wikipedia. You can look into A-tools, i believe it's open source. Should be a breeze to make it export batches of files. At least those without bones and animations will work fine, the rest will still need some work. Instead of picking a file, make it pick folder then put all files in a list and make a the exporting method run for each file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i was able to get it to work :) the only problem I have now is the animation, when i import the model into atools model editor and i click on one of the animations, it look so weird

Back