Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Host - Unable to connect to the game

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I'm using the @Cuvvvie files and everything worked just fine. No errors and all on the server's side. However, the only problem we're having is that the host can't connect to the game for some reason.

Note: The game is online (using Public IP) and all other computers can get in without a problem.

1. Using the Public IP address - he's not able to connect to the game after entering the credentials.
2. Using the IPv4 address - he's able to log in but is stuck on the Server List and can't connect to the game.
3. Using the local IP address (127.0.0.1) - same thing as number 2.

We need him to be able to connect using the PC that's hosting the server as that's the only PC he can use to play along with us.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong. Please feel free to post your comments, suggestions and ideas on how to fix this issue.

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this, Frostivus. The firewall on the host's PC was indeed ON, in default. We turned it off but we're still experiencing the same issue. Sad.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i had the same problem. i'm not developing a server anymore but i would suggest you reinstall all the stuff with firewall turned off in default.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually re-did everything with the Windows Firewall turned-off in default. PC is the host, and we tried using the laptop to check if it will work on another device; but it didn't because the laptop is on the same network as the PC.

We tried a totally different device like my friend's computer in his house and it worked just fine simply because he's at his own internet connection or network. I don't really understand where the problem is. Only people outside the network of the Host can connect.

@Ketchup - any ideas, sir?

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
Could be the router to?

Make sure accountserver.ini and loginserver.ini are using the same ip as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to port forward the nessasary ports to the IP address of the computer that you are using.

If you are using 127.0.0.01 in the account and login server ini files, this will not work, these need to be public ip addresses. As what happens is once a connection is made, it pushes it to the IP address located in these files for the server selection list.

as Ketchup stated you need to use the PUBLIC ip in the account/login server ini files and it will work, assuming you've port forwarded the nessasary ports and the obvious ports in the firewall on the local pc. If your router allows DMS i'd suggest using it to test this out.

Also note that the public IP address of the router can change from time to time, so ensure that this hasn't changed at all. If it has try using another system like hamachi to get it working.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So here are how my .ini's look like right now.

AccountServer.ini
AddTail ( -1, 1, "Test", "Public IP HERE", 0, 1, 0 ); // Change IP to YOUR public IP to put server online!
AddTail ( 1, 1, "Test ", "Public IP HERE", 0, 1, 20000 ); // Change IP to YOUR public IP to put server online!

MSG_VER "00000000" // Must match MSG_VER in LoginServer.ini and Neuz WinMain.rc!

DSN_NAME_LOGIN "login"
DSN_NAME_LOG "log01"

LoginServer.ini
DB "127.0.0.1"
Core "127.0.0.1"

AddCache ( "Public IP HERE" ); // Change IP to YOUR public IP to put server online!

MSG_VER "00000000" // Must match MSG_VER in AccountServer.ini and Neuz WinMain.rc!

I just basically followed Cuvvie's guide and all other players can connect. It's only the host that's having a problem and if we're connected to the host's network.

Note: I only placed the Public IP to where it had comments on the .ini's and nowhere else.
Forwarded Ports: 15400, 28000 and 23000

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm Using the same files and I don't have problems with it.
Please do try the following:
1. Visit and copy Your IP
2. Paste it on the following:

for Account.ini:
AddTail( -1, 1, "Flyff", "YOUR IP", 0, 1, 0 ); // Change IP to YOUR public IP to put server online! AddTail( 1, 1, "Channel 1", "YOUR IP", 0, 1, 20000 ); // Change IP to YOUR public IP

fo LoginServer.ini:
DB "127.0.0.1"Core "127.0.0.1"AddCache( "YOUR IP" ); // Change IP to YOUR public IP to put server online!

3. Open your Nuez.exe usin Resource Hacker
4. Click to String Table and then click 1:1042
5. At number 1 you will see 127.0.0.1 (default if not yet configured) replace it using YOUR IP
6. Compile by clicking the play like button the save.
7. Done

Additionally, if your clients can't connect to your server, configure your router's port forwarding.
Add the following profile / configuration:

description Public Port IP Protocol Enable
flyff world 15400-15400 YOUR Local IP 15400-15400 Enable
flyff login 28000-28000 YOUR Local IP 28000-28000 Enable
flyff char 23000-23000 YOUR Local IP 23000-23000 enable

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@PhyroKnight your players are connecting to the server using your public IP right, and is this set in the client config file or hard coded into the source or the files resources?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ejay1588 - I appreciate your effort and reply but like I said, all players can connect except the host itself. So that means I'm done with all IP configurations and ports to be forwarded.

I have this said.
Note: I only placed the Public IP to where it had comments on the .ini's and nowhere else.
Forwarded Ports: 15400, 28000 and 23000

@MrVendetta - I didn't change anything other than specifically following Cuvvvie's guide. This is indeed a strange thing for me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ejay1588 - I appreciate your effort and reply but like I said, all players can connect except the host itself. So that means I'm done with all IP configurations and ports to be forwarded.

I have this said.

@MrVendetta - I didn't change anything other than specifically following Cuvvvie's guide. This is indeed a strange thing for me.

If it is being hosted on the same machine as that of the host trying to play. Try using the 127.0.0.1 loopback ip for the host only. This should bypass all other problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I did that one as well. Changed the IPs in the .ini's and neuz.exe.

1. Using the Public IP address - he's not able to connect to the game after entering the credentials.
2. Using the IPv4 address - he's able to log in but is stuck on the Server List and can't connect to the game.
3. Using the local IP address (127.0.0.1) - same thing as number 2.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I did that one as well. Changed the IPs in the .ini's and neuz.exe.

What is the public ip and port used for the flyff client connection? Or is there a client i can download somewhere to test it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this on a Dedicated Server/VPS? or just a Home Computer with Router?

Home Computer with Router.

What is the public ip and port used for the flyff client connection? Or is there a client i can download somewhere to test it?

The public IP used is from the result shown on 's website. Didn't change any client ports as its working fine. I got everything from Cuvvvie's guide. 'Til now, we're having this issue on the host's end only. Other players can connect just fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Home Computer with Router.

The public IP used is from the result shown on 's website. Didn't change any client ports as its working fine. I got everything from Cuvvvie's guide. 'Til now, we're having this issue on the host's end only. Other players can connect just fine.

It makes no sense that if you've followed and tried all that has been said, you should've been able to make a connection at least once.
What i'd suggest is taking it off public, putting all IP's to 127.0.0.1 in the config files and trying to connect again on the host machine, if it works then it is a problem with the host connecting OUT to the public IP, if it doesn't work, then it is a problem on the hosts machine where some software if preventing him connecting to the specified ports in Cache server.ini and so on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It makes no sense that if you've followed and tried all that has been said, you should've been able to make a connection at least once.
What i'd suggest is taking it off public, putting all IP's to 127.0.0.1 in the config files and trying to connect again on the host machine, if it works then it is a problem with the host connecting OUT to the public IP, if it doesn't work, then it is a problem on the hosts machine where some software if preventing him connecting to the specified ports in Cache server.ini and so on.

Yup. I agree with you. It totally makes no sense. I can't say that I did something wrong because I've tried the same steps on my own computer, and me as the host doesn't have a problem at all in terms of connecting to the game. I'm thinking the same thing that this may have something to do with his network or his machine. Just don't know what is really causing it.

But don't worry about it anymore. Our current workaround is to have him connect to a different network if he wants to play. He can connect to the game that way.

Back