Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Issues with adding features.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the flyff development world and I've for the longest time wanted to have my own server, be it for just me and my friends or to be worldwide(<-- Like that will ever happen)

I'm just running into a few issues and I don't know what could be the issue other than I screwed something up.

I was following a tutorial on the forums that dealt with SQL stuff and its kind of got me confused

I started a v15 server using Cuvvvie's guide @ http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/flyff-server-setup-guide-v15-1010044/

after having the server up and running I connected and all was well and I just wanted to advance it and add cool features.

The first thing I tried was adding starting items using an SQL Query following a tutorial @ http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/v15-starter-items-686424/

After following the steps I made 2 characters and gave them their inventory/equipment as a test just a few items.

I did the final query

USE CHARACTER_01_DBF
UPDATE BASE_VALUE_TBL SET m_Inventory='', m_apIndex='', m_dwObjIndex='' WHERE g_nSex='1'
UPDATE BASE_VALUE_TBL SET m_Inventory='', m_apIndex='', m_dwObjIndex='' WHERE g_nSex='0'

But after executing that I restarted the server and tried to log in to get an endless connecting box after logging into the account.

I then logged into my initial account with my first character and it let me go onto my initial character without a problem, but I tried to make a new character on that account to see if the starting gear had worked, and after creating the second character on the initial account I can no longer log into the server.

Creating a new account yields the same problem I make the character and the "Ok" button on the character creation screen just grays out and it loads infinitely, making me force close Neuz.exe and re-log. After logging in on the main screen ill pick the server and get an infinite connecting please wait screen.

Does anyone know what could be the issue? I'm new the the coding environment but grew up watching my dad do it and I really want to learn more than I already know, any help would be really appreciated thank you!!

Inactive
Reaction score
m_Inventory='', m_apIndex='', m_dwObjIndex=''

Is blank and cannot be afaik.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
After changing the code to
UPDATE BASE_VALUE_TBL SET m_Inventory='0000003', m_apIndex='0000003', m_dwObjIndex='0000003' WHERE g_nSex='1'UPDATE BASE_VALUE_TBL SET m_Inventory='0000002', m_apIndex='0000002', m_dwObjIndex='0000002' WHERE g_nSex='0'

Initially I didn't put in the blank code I had only filled the first values for m_Inventory

I made a new account as I can create a character on new accounts but they don't load just endlessly after hitting ok in the character creation screen.

Inactive
Reaction score
Your strings are not the same size as before. They have to be the same length.

Use a clean db, go in game and spawn items into your inventory. Then copy the string and add it to the base value.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry if they didnt look right I didnt paste them in the right way they are still the same strings as before just with the user ID added in i'm in the process of a clean DB now

Back