Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neuz.ini troubles with resolution adjustments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've only recently finished setting up a Flyff v15 survey with Cuvvie's guide and everything seems to be working fine, but I'm having issues with getting the Neuz.ini changes to stick. I've looked through the help forums in trying to change the particular flags for fullscreen and resolution settings but nothing seems to work.

I'm using the patched Neuz.exe as instructed from the guide, and I ran the Flyff patcher once to generate the Neuz.ini but I've tried making adjustments to the .ini from a fresh installation of the client without the patch, with the patch installed, a combination of generating the .ini, then patching and adjusting the .ini, and I've just hit a wall. I was hoping someone could lend me a hand with this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
make sure changes are made while the client isn't running if you plan to alter them inside the ini, save and start the neuz.exe at least from what I can recall, also note that window and fullscreen should be set at 0 or 1 and you can't simply add any type of screen resolution size they are already pre defined so you must declare one already.
example

resolution 1280 720fullscreen 0

once again this is only from memory as I'm not a dev nor have I touched source in a long time this is more of an attempt to help, also what patcher I don't personally recall Cuvvvies files having a patcher compiled and working....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey n0tso1ee7,

I appreciate you taking the time to try and give me a hand, thank you! I verified the permissible resolutions by running the Flyff.exe launcher before it tanked out trying to connect to the incorrect update servers. Since I'm aiming to go fullscreen, I added a 1 in the fullscreen field as well (Running the Flyff.exe was also the only way I could get the ini file to show up in the first place which was some people's recommendation in other threads I found while searching the forums).

And sorry, the patcher I was referring to was the standard Flyff.exe - there were also some "patched" files included in the Flyff Repack provided by Cuvvvies that has you replacing the Neuz.exe, data.res, and dataSub1.res, so I replaced all of those. If they're not working, that might explain why I'm not making any headway on this. I thought maybe I messed up the Neuz.exe by trying to add the string for my server address to the file using Resource Hacker but even on just the standard Neuz.exe file supplied by Cuvvie in the "Patch" folder of the repack reproduces the problem. At this point, I'm not sure where else I could start looking...

In any light, I do appreciate the assistance :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't use the patcher "flyff.exe" compile you own if anything you are probably patching in files that are over writing your own changes, inside Cuvvvies source folder you should find a patchclient folder and you can build your own working patcher if you change a few lines inside the versioncommon to read your IP or 127.0.0.1 and the root folder it will need to patch. thinking it over Cuvvvies source I feel you should be able to just run by using the Neuz.exe....

I'm no Dev but I've upgraded a few servers in my time, Pm me if you ever need I'll "TRY" to help you out if I can.

Inactive
Reaction score
Don't use the patcher "flyff.exe" compile you own if anything you are probably patching in files that are over writing your own changes, inside Cuvvvies source folder you should find a patchclient folder and you can build your own working patcher if you change a few lines inside the versioncommon to read your IP or 127.0.0.1 and the root folder it will need to patch. thinking it over Cuvvvies source I feel you should be able to just run by using the Neuz.exe....

I'm no Dev but I've upgraded a few servers in my time, Pm me if you ever need I'll "TRY" to help you out if I can.

^ This and..

If you have anything custom in your source thats writing to the nuez.ini like a petfilter as an example you may also have this issue. As it reverts itself to re-add the petfilter back.

So try doing it manually with the client closed, also make sure the size your going to is excepted by the client to. Not all resolutions are respected by the client.

Back