Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server/s Start Stop Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
View attachment PBLauncher.7z
Hi. I've been busy learning all about running a private Flyff Server for a while now. I started with Cuvvie's excellent tutorial on V15 and now use V18 from Ketchup. After compiling I still use the names:-
1.AccountServer.exe
2.DatabaseServer.exe
3.CoreServer.exe
4.Certifier.exe
5.LoginServer.exe
6.CacheServer.exe
7.WorldServer.exe
and usually start each program in order. To assist with my conversion from VB6 to VB.NET/VS2019 I have written a launcher program that sits in the same directory as the servers, and when you click on the 'Start Servers' button will start them minimized in turn. There is also a button to click to close them all down. Exit button is self explanatory. The launcher doesn't have to be open when the servers are running. 7z password is RageZone.If anyone else finds it useful that's great...If not I dont care...Have a great day and stay safe..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
VirusTotal?

Only a start and stop tool ... its useless... all working with the batch starter.
or did you code a restarter function if one server crashed he restart the server automaticly?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You also need Ms (sleep) for perfect timing.

and your sequence is wrong.
its supposed to be
Account
Certifier
Database
Core
Login
Cache
World

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there Hyellow.

Thanks for your comments.

I followed Cuvvies Tutorial for V15 way back and his 'Basic Server Manager' Batch file starts them in the order I have used. You say the sequence 'its supposed to be', is that documented somewhere? Everything runs fine using the sequence I am using, why is it wrong?

Is there a difference in starting sequence between V15 and V18?

VirusTotal?

Only a start and stop tool ... its useless... all working with the batch starter.
or did you code a restarter function if one server crashed he restart the server automaticly?
Hi Ratpack,
Thanks for your kind comments, and encouragement. It's great to see longtime members of a forum showing newbies, like me, how important it is to help and share their infinitely much wiser knowledge so freely. If I may be slightly bold, can I point out I did say this was an exercise for me to practise my skills moving from VB6 to VB.NET. Perhaps as a mark of respect I'll change the name of the program to 'Useless' as you suggested!!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! Yea thete's a differences between those sequences specially the Database saving and item load start up from database to worldserver.

That's all as far as I know but there could be other reason about the sequence I've given to you but Ketchup could explain more about theses sequences.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yours and Hyellow are works fine. but this is the official one uses

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
This is the wrong section to be posting this. It should be in releases, thanks for contributing back towards the community that helps you.

Useless or not at least he is contributing back to the community?

I've given to you but Ketchup could explain more about theses sequences.
The difference is one is from retail and the other is from non-retail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Ketchup: you are right ;) that was also meant as a positive criticism...maybe he build a better tool ;)

Hi there Hyellow.

Thanks for your comments.

I followed Cuvvies Tutorial for V15 way back and his 'Basic Server Manager' Batch file starts them in the order I have used. You say the sequence 'its supposed to be', is that documented somewhere? Everything runs fine using the sequence I am using, why is it wrong?

Is there a difference in starting sequence between V15 and V18?

Hi Ratpack,
Thanks for your kind comments, and encouragement. It's great to see longtime members of a forum showing newbies, like me, how important it is to help and share their infinitely much wiser knowledge so freely. If I may be slightly bold, can I point out I did say this was an exercise for me to practise my skills moving from VB6 to VB.NET. Perhaps as a mark of respect I'll change the name of the program to 'Useless' as you suggested!!

you missunderstood me.
every release is fine.
i only want to tell you to add more important features.
if you add more the tool can be good.
and i never said rename your tool. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back