Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do I upgrade Cuuvie v15 to v19?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know this has been asked many times but ive searched through many forums and find very complicated answers for someone who is new to this cannot understand.

I keep seeing "Use winmerge" I used Winmerge to merge my source from Cuuvie's v15 with a v19 source files but nothing happened. I read up and learned I need a v19 client which i downloaded the offical eflyff but it still wont work, then i noticed i need the patcher files to replace nuez.exe and the 2 data files but i cant find a link for any of that anywhere.

Can anyone do a simple step by step process of how to use winmerge to merge the folder files and actually get it working?

I have a working v15 server. Havent been able to get anyone to connect to it yet, doing research on that. But before I work on that i want to upgrade to v19. If anyone would please spend the time and make a step by step what to do and if there is any working links to proper files i need maybe a better v19 source files, v19 client, and patcher files to get the game to actually start up.

It would be very much appreciated.

Update------------------------
Currently I have a v19 client, and resource files all included. I have no clue if it will work but I am trying to use Cuuvie's Server launcher/stopper, then going to the v19 client and starting nuez.exe.

It runs but when i try to log in i get "Cannot connect to server or game" Error. When I launch the v15 nuez client it works and I am able to log in and play. Is there a step I am missing? Or am I doing this totally wrong. I previously tried to merge the source and resource files into my v15 source folder and when I tried to start the server only account and certifier would stay open, all the others ones immidietly closed after they opened.

Once i put the files back in from my backup to the original v15 source and resources the server starter/stopper worked again. Only issue is the v19 client cant connect.

Any help?

Last edited:
Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. Dont use someone else client cause they have different source code then you are having.
2. get an v19 source code and copy paste to your v15 source.
3. Do this also for the resource files.
4. Rebuild your source
5. Copy server files to the proper directory and your neuz to your client
6. Merge the new resource files so you have an new data datasub1 and datasub2
7. Copy those files to your client.
8. Launch server files
9. launch client.

This is verry time consuming if you dont have any experience.
If you want to have an fully v19 server and client look on diff fora's for an full v19 server+client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you please explain step 4-6 a bit more in depth?
-Im not sure what you mean by "rebuild" or how to do that.
-Copy server files, this is the source code? What is the proper directory its going to? Is the nuez in the v19 source I downloaded?
-And the new resource files where are these coming from? The source I rebuilt and it will make "new" resource files and I merge that with the old ones?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
._. Open the all\all.sln with Visual studios (Must be the Version declared with Cuvvvies I believe it's 2003) in the solution Explorer section right click on the Solution 'all' and press rebuild, once all programs have finished without error look in the compile folder copy the program files (.exe) to the program folder or where ever you have your program files, move the Neuz.exe from the compile folder to the Client folder, last part would be to merge your resource folder and copy the data files from the merge to the client, RUN!

Back