Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Upgrading from v15 to v19?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I have a question, I've build my server so far off cuvvie's v15 source which is pretty good. But in general v15 is more buggier and has less complete features than v19. So far i've made some code changes but most of them are fairly small/basic and not extremely hard to carry over to a new source if needed. The bulk of the changes is within the resources.

So my question is, how hard is it to upgrade fromv15 to v19? Does the database that I got from v15 work with v19 since I am only finding v19 source codes and not any database scripts etc. So If I download a v19 source code and compile it, will it work with my v15 database? If not where can I see how to upgrade the database to the proper versioning?

How about carrying over resources and code changes, I assume most of it will be just finding the correct part of code and replace it with my custom code?

Are there any threads or people who have done similar things that can shed some more light on this whether it is worth the effort just for a couple bugfixes and added features?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It seems that no one is interested in explaining this unless you pay ...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Seems like it. I decided that just porting over any items/features that I want from v19 to my v15 solution is easier. I fixed all the crucial bugs that I had with what I can find online. Any specific items i can take from eFlyff and plenty of systems are available online by itself aswell. And I keep the v15 experience which is my goal.

Inactive
Reaction score
It seems that no one is interested in explaining this unless you pay ...

http://forum.ragezone.com/f483/create-flyff-v19-server-1137569-post8818530/#post8818530
But someone pretty much did tell you how to lol.

Seems like it. I decided that just porting over any items/features that I want from v19 to my v15 solution is easier. I fixed all the crucial bugs that I had with what I can find online. Any specific items i can take from eFlyff and plenty of systems are available online by itself aswell. And I keep the v15 experience which is my goal.

Use a tool like WinMerge, it'll make your life alot easier and will help u achieve upgrading your source.

Back