Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

V17 Database and Certfier Help

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have installed as stated which includes SQL Server 2012 along with ODBC settings but, both The Database.exe and Certifier.exe keep crashing within 10 seconds of loading. This is quite frustrating because there are no error logs to allow me to debug what is going on with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows Server 2008
Netframework 4+
SQL Server 2012
19GB RAM

Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
re-compile the source in debug mode then start it in debug mode. Then you will get the line where it crashes.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update - Seems that my issue was the firewall all this time. My apologies for wasting time.

Ok next issue with the V17 files. All have been converted correctly. The server is online and running with no issues.
However, when I try to connect, I always receive Cannot connect to network error. I have configured Cuvvie's files version 15 in the past without issues and connect just fine. The INI files are configured correctly. The firewalls have been disabled. The server is public and not a personal pc so it has a static IP along with all ports opened as tested by port scanners online. Has anyone dealt with this issue and resolved it? I am compiling in VS2017 for the record with no errors. I am certain it is a client issue but, cannot locate the error. There are no logs indicating any issues other than the noticeable error popup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update - Seems that my issue was the firewall all this time. My apologies for wasting time.

Ok next issue with the V17 files. All have been converted correctly. The server is online and running with no issues.
However, when I try to connect, I always receive Cannot connect to network error. I have configured Cuvvie's files version 15 in the past without issues and connect just fine. The INI files are configured correctly. The firewalls have been disabled. The server is public and not a personal pc so it has a static IP along with all ports opened as tested by port scanners online. Has anyone dealt with this issue and resolved it? I am compiling in VS2017 for the record with no errors. I am certain it is a client issue but, cannot locate the error. There are no logs indicating any issues other than the noticeable error popup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
You just have to open the port.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@mobai520 I have disabled the firewall so the ports are accessible. I was wondering if there might be another issue that would prevent the client from connecting. Thanks

jbeitz107 - V17 Database and Certfier Help - RaGEZONE Forums

So on another note. Besides port 80 being needed for the webserver, is there any reason it might be needed for the client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@mobai520 I have disabled the firewall so the ports are accessible. I was wondering if there might be another issue that would prevent the client from connecting. Thanks

jbeitz107 - V17 Database and Certfier Help - RaGEZONE Forums

So on another note. Besides port 80 being needed for the webserver, is there any reason it might be needed for the client?
Add your server port, open these to be like this

Inactive
Reaction score
There is definitely something wrong with these files. I can compile them but, they will not connect so I am stumped as what to do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and almost everyone who uses them doesn't have issues. Just because your having issue doesn't mean it's the files. You clearly have a user end based problem resulting in connection issues.

I mean:
View attachment 163949

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and almost everyone who uses them doesn't have issues. Just because your having issue doesn't mean it's the files. You clearly have a user end based problem resulting in connection issues.

I mean:
View attachment 163949
Isn't this end of the task not a problem?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe I found the issue but, require some assistance Ketchup. Yes this is your files and they work locally on my pc. Despite changing the IP address in the WinMain.rc file it is still only connecting locally to 127.0.0.1. Do you have an answer to that? Thank you.

Ok this is resolved now. It isn't the WinMain.rc file that has to be edited like other files. It is the Ragezone.h file that must be edited in order for the server to connect remotely. This would have been nice to know in the first place. Please close this thread. Thank you.

Inactive
Reaction score
I believe I found the issue but, require some assistance Ketchup. Yes this is your files and they work locally on my pc. Despite changing the IP address in the WinMain.rc file it is still only connecting locally to 127.0.0.1. Do you have an answer to that? Thank you.

Ok this is resolved now. It isn't the WinMain.rc file that has to be edited like other files. It is the Ragezone.h file that must be edited in order for the server to connect remotely. This would have been nice to know in the first place. Please close this thread. Thank you.

It says this pretty loud and clear in the thread:
819a69859b514e622f8f39c4fc7bcecf - V17 Database and Certfier Help - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Inactive
Reaction score
Dude must you go on. I said close this. Thanks for your help.

It's interesting i continue to go on but yet you keep making these statements that are entirely untrue.

For example:

It's solved, yet you try to take another shot like it's my fault your ability in reading has failed you?

Do yourself a favor and stop trying to blame others for your incompetence.

Back