Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

V17 weapon glow in V15

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just messing around with a sandbox server using cuvvvie's V15 server files, and I'm trying to get the V17 weapon glows. I know I could just use a different source, but I'm trying to learn how the files work and interact with each other, so I'd rather try it this way to see if I could learn something.

I've searched the forums and didn't find much. There's mention of a working guide, but I can't find it, along with a thread with about the v17 glows, but I'm unable to access that.

Anyway, what I've done so far:

- Added the code:

if __VER >= 17
//#define __FASHION_COMBINE
#define __NEW_WEAPON_GLOW
//#define __COLOSSEUM
#endif // __VER >= 17

into the versioncommon.h of account/cache/core/database/login/neuz(not in versioncommon2.h)/world server and the certifier.

- Grabbed Blessed Source and added XI_WEA_SWORD01 1955 -> 2344 into the defineOBJ.h in the Source/Resource and Repack/Resource. Replaced the defineOBJ.h in data.res.

- Added fly_wfx_white_sword_level1 -> sfx_itemNon10adv into mdlDyna.inc. Replaced mdlDyna.inc in data.res.

- Added the official v19 flyff SFX contents into the client SFX folder.

I started up the server manager, and the server activated without any errors apart from a minor error with an event in a lua file. But when I load the game, I get:

CmodelMng::LoadScript(1200) mdldyna.inc(gibberish) : type = 3, idx = 1100, name = sfx_waterdrop

and a many more errors similar to this with loadscript, idx and the sfx changing.

I checked the SFX folder and those SFX files are there.

So I must've missed something and some help would be greatly appreciated. Even just pointing me in the right direction would be enough so I can learn for myself.

*With defineOBJ.h, I just threw in all the defines just before #endif at the bottom.
With mdlDyna.inc, I put the mesh? in a spot similar to that of blessed.
The official SFX files were all in .res files, and most of cuvvvie's are extracted. Would I need to extract all of files? I tried extracting most of them and placing them in different paths. The errors still occur.
Could I change the coding from if__VER >= 17 to if__VER >= 15?

Back