Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VPS Specs. Inquiry

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to avail a VPS for hosting my flyff private server. Can you help me decide if the specs below are good and how many players can it accommodate? It will only cost me $56 a month.

Specs:
2 Core CPU Xeon E5
8.0 GB RAM
120GB Pure SSD
1Gbps Bandwidth
8000GB Data Transfer Monthly
KVM virtualization solution.
Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should be fine on that.

As it is a VPS you will not get 1Gbps link to yourself, it will be shared. Which may mean depending on what others are using their VPS's for you may notice some delays related to networking (website loading slowly).

As for 300+ players, you maybe able to get 300+ on that server, however depending on how well your source code is and how many extra features/worlds you've got that will differ a lot.

What i'd recommend for $55 is to buy a dedicated server, you would typically get more out of it that way and comparable specs.

If you have a location preference, i can try to find you a dedicated server for about the same price with the same or better specs.

Inactive
Reaction score
Also the same specs and better can be found here and cheaper:

They are quite a reputable business to, google reviews and etc about them. Iv'e never used them personally, but a friend told me about them and everything i read about them seems to be nothing but positive reviews.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also the same specs and better can be found here and cheaper:

They are quite a reputable business to, google reviews and etc about them. Iv'e never used them personally, but a friend told me about them and everything i read about them seems to be nothing but positive reviews.

Seems a bit suspicious. The fact they're offering 50GB of Ram for only 27 euros :/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sir, is 60GB Pure SSD enough for maximum of 100 players?

Windows OS requires about 30GB of space, then the resources (depending on items added and stuff) takes about 5 - 8gb of space.
Then the Database expands as needed. Mine is currently sat at about 14GB (but i set minimum values to help prevent gradual expanding and use of processing power)

Bare in mind, if you want a website too that has the download directly on the server, that will be another 3-4gb space used (depending on compression of the client).

Then any other programs, like IIS for the website to be hosted on. MSSQL for the database (like another 5GB there)

So potentially you could get away with the 60GB but i'd always recommend 100GB minimum to allow for expansion if needed.

Back