Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WorldServer and Neuz randomly not opening

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey!

I recently jumped into FlyFF modding and C++, trying to learn the latest. I have decent Java bases.
For a few days everything was going fine, until I did an oopsie and basically had to retake a clean base and redo all the changes I made.

However, since that event, both my WorldServer and Neuz exes just randomly "crash" on start. And by "randomly", I mean that without changing anything at all, in ~19/20 cases (Can't really give a number to randomness, this is just to give a frequency idea) the program will stop working after a second.

None of them are printing out exploitable logs (or actually, no logs at all), so I'm kinda lost here.
I guess I won't get much help from just the screenshots below, but I don't really know what to show as I don't even know where that could come from.

92b4df6aee1be9e568cc33fc0483c0fa - WorldServer and Neuz randomly not opening - RaGEZONE Forums

84c57bbc596f42ccbbc793d3502b7bcc - WorldServer and Neuz randomly not opening - RaGEZONE Forums

216a3f1109cabbcb56d1910a9c7f9319 - WorldServer and Neuz randomly not opening - RaGEZONE Forums

The error is the same for WorldServer.
Source base: [VS17] - V17 Files
The only logs I've had were errors from Spec_Item and propSkill txts as I forgot to update the files after changing their structure in the sources. Fixed since then.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Inactive
Reaction score
Make sure world and models are in both server Resource and your client.

If all else fails try debugging via Attach to process or the other way :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Both folders are in both folders (I mean both "World" and "Models" are in "Server\Resource" and "Client"), I tried copying v19 and v20 ones but nothing seems to have changed.

One thing I noticed is that this "crash" seems to be way less frequent on the Neuz than on the WorldServer. For.. no apparent reasons.

If all else fails try debugging via Attach to process or the other way :p
How can I use the Attach to process feature if the program stops working the second after it is started? :X
[STRIKE]And is the "Debug" option on the second screen doing the same thing than "Attach to process", or is it less useful?[/STRIKE]

EDIT: I managed to use "Attach to process" before program crashes, and the result is exactly the same as on the third screenshot.

Last edited:
Inactive
Reaction score
Judging by this:
"The only logs I've had were errors from Spec_Item and propSkill txts as I forgot to update the files after changing their structure in the sources. Fixed since then."

I'm going to assume you have format issues, so what did you do exactly? Did you upgrade to a V19 format, did u add the latest retail to a v17 format or?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I upgraded them to a V19 format, and the issues I've had that were shown in the log files have been fixed since then. Even after checking I can't seem to find anything wrong, but if you wanna take a look at the files you can download them here:

Items (Spec_Item.txt, defineItem.h):
Skills (propSkill.txt, defineSkill.h):

Although if that really was a format issue, I don't think the program would randomly decide to work properly 1/20 of the time without changing anything.
.. But then again, as this is a random occurence I don't really think I should try to see anything logical there.

Would it be possible that the issue does not come from the programs or the files at all, but from my computer? .-.

Back